PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asking price > actual price

Saying that they'll only listen to offers with a 1st round pick is the equivalent of a contractor giving you a bid that is 3 times what it should be because he doesn't actually want the job. He's just giving you the bid because you asked for it.

perhaps, and that may well be it......but it could be like the first price a used car salesman gives you, understanding that there will be give and take before you settle on the price he really needs to get (while he secretly hopes you pay the silly high price)

just doesn't make organizational sense, if you plan to keep JG, to saying "well yeah, we might be down for trading him" 5 days after you just said "nope, he's out guy!"

bottom line is they traded for their QB of the future, whomever that may be......and in only 5 days after, they are wavering on their stance that he's their guy

even if they DO play to keep him......they aren't setting the situational table very well right now lol

If the Pats are going to trade UP for a player, I want that player to be Pitts. Astonishing what QB insanity does to normally rational fans...Pitts is the best player in this draft and it ain't even close
You can’t win without a QB and we have garbage at the position.

I disagree. Carolina or Denver aren't gonna move up. They don't have to. Unlike many, I'm not convinced that the Jets are going to take a QB. Atlanta has too much committed to Ryan this year to take a QB and they'll probably take one next year to groom. Neither Cincy nor Miami are going to take a QB. The Lions also aren't taking a QB and are probably looking for a partner to trade down with.

If Carolina wants to move up, they'd have to go to 3 or 4 to get the guy they WANT. If they're happy taking whomever is left, then I can see them waiting.

As for Denver, no one has given any adequate reason to believe that Denver is going to move on from Lock. It's more likely that Denver takes an OT, imho. They need someone on the right side of their line.
If the jets don’t take a QBs they will trade down
I agree Atlanta isn’t going to draft a qb but they may trade down also and probably should.
Lock stinks.

Lynch: “Great to hear from you, Bill, how can I help you?”

Belichick: “I heard you want a first rounder for Jimmy.”

Lynch: “That sounds about right.”

Belichick: “Awesome. I’ll let you know what time Harry’s plane lands.”

Lynch: “Wait, what?”

Belichick: “N’Keal Harry. Wide receiver. First rounder two years ago. You wanted a first rounder and you’re getting one.”

Lynch: “...that’s not what I-“

Belichick: “You need a quarterback as well right? Great because Stidham is already by your way so you two can sort that out.”

Lynch: “Your draft pick, Bill. I’d need your 15th overall pick.”

Belichick: “Oh, well why didn’t you just say so? We can make that happen too.”

Lynch: “That would be gre-“

Belichick: “Just make sure you include your 3rd overall pick.”

Lynch: “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

Belichick: “And tell Jimmy he’s going to need to restructure that contract of his. Who would be dumb enough to pay that guy $26 million a year?”

Lynch: “I’m hanging up, Bill.”

Belichick: “Fine, fine. You can have our first round draft pick...”

Lynch: “...”

Belichick: “...in 2025. If you throw in Nick Bo-“

Lynch: *hangs up*

Niners are smoking something. There is no way they are getting a 1st rounder for Jimmy g

It may be less about what they expect to get, and more about what it would take to make them comfortable having no safety net at QB. If they just traded up all these picks and the rookie completely BUSTS, it looks bad for sure, but still having JG keeps them from being completely screwed at the position. Without him in that scenario, they're now looking for another top prospect without a first round pick in the next two years.

I disagree. Carolina or Denver aren't gonna move up. They don't have to. Unlike many, I'm not convinced that the Jets are going to take a QB. Atlanta has too much committed to Ryan this year to take a QB and they'll probably take one next year to groom. Neither Cincy nor Miami are going to take a QB. The Lions also aren't taking a QB and are probably looking for a partner to trade down with.

If Carolina wants to move up, they'd have to go to 3 or 4 to get the guy they WANT. If they're happy taking whomever is left, then I can see them waiting.

As for Denver, no one has given any adequate reason to believe that Denver is going to move on from Lock. It's more likely that Denver takes an OT, imho. They need someone on the right side of their line.
I know we think that GM's are dumb.

So, you're saying that CAR doesn't have a strong preference?

so we're 4 weeks+ until the draft....in 5 days SF has gone from "we aren't trading JG, he's still out guy" to "we'll only listen to offers with 1st round picks".....in 5 days

but yeah, they aren't just blowing smoke hoping for leverage lol lol lol
They made it clear from the start that the right sort of deal was something that they'd be willing to make. Whether you believe that's because they think they can get another veteran to guide the team for a year or less if they are absolutely overwhelmed by an offer that's too good to pass up, or because they're blowing smoke up everyone's ass, is absolutely for you to decide.

You can’t win without a QB and we have garbage at the position.
in your OPINION...it's not even April 1st yet. You have a nasty habit of speaking down your nose as if only YOUR viewpoint is correct. Now I beat the living crap out of you last year on the Orchids of Asia/Kraft subject. You STILL have not admitted you were 100% WRONG...yet as every single poster here knows, Kraft never faced charges..they were dropped just as I said repeatedly they would be, the Pats never lost any picks..but YOU kept yammering the same bullcrap that YOU were right in all that when YOU were DEAD WRONG. What is it with you?

another week, maybe two, Lynch will be the one initiating the call
Lynch has no reason to. Having Jimmy plus the rookie gives him a better chance to win. He’s actually be stupid to trade Jimmy unless he found a better short term solution.
We are the team with a glaring hemorrhaging hole, not him.
It’s like saying the rich guy will get impatient and call the charity volunteering to give to them.

in your OPINION...it's not even April 1st yet. You have a nasty habit of speaking down your nose as if only YOUR viewpoint is correct.

[/QUOTE]
That’s your inferiority complex coming through. I state my opinion and when asked I support it.
Now I beat the living crap out of you last year on the Orchids of Asia/Kraft subject. You STILL have not admitted you were 100% WRONG...yet as every single poster here knows, Kraft never faced charges..they were dropped just as I said repeatedly they would be, the Pats never lost any picks..but YOU kept yammering the same bullcrap that YOU were right in all that when YOU were DEAD WRONG. What is it with you?
I think you are having a senior moment.

Of course you are now the one that instead of talking about the football issue are trying to make it about you or me. I could not give 2 craps whether I turn out to be right or wrong. Everyone has opinions and everyone is right sometimes and wrong sometimes. It must be painful to carry every opinion you have ever had around with you and beat the crap out of yourself when the facts turn out different than you expected they might. You should stop doing that, you will live longer.

As far as the topic at hand do you want to discuss it?
Do you want to explain why you think either
“You can’t win without a qb” or “we have garbage” at the position is wrong and why?
Do you want to explain why it being April 1st is relevant to a discussion about the need to draft a QB when there are literally none available by any other means?

Or do you just want to like up to your moniker and keep being a clown?

That’s your inferiority complex coming through. I state my opinion and when asked I support it.

Of course you are now the one that instead of talking about the football issue are trying to make it about you or me. I could not give 2 craps whether I turn out to be right or wrong. Everyone has opinions and everyone is right sometimes and wrong sometimes. It must be painful to carry every opinion you have ever had around with you and beat the crap out of yourself when the facts turn out different than you expected they might. You should stop doing that, you will live longer.

“You can’t win without a qb” or “we have garbage” at the position is wrong and why?
Do you want to explain why it being April 1st is relevant to a discussion about the need to draft a QB when there are literally none available by any other means?

[/QUOTE]
you really are a sick person...You DENY being 100% WRONG about the hundreds of idiotic posts you made concerning Kraft last year. Are you really claiming "oh, it's just my opinion" when you beat and bludgeon everyone who does not fall lockstep into line with your Newton blind hatred? Sure everyone is right sometimes and wrong sometimes...YOU are NEVER WRONG all the time. You don't see how everyone here sees this to be true? Do I have to show a count of all the "worst QB in the league!!!!!!" posts you've made the past few months?? You're pathological. And BTW, I try to keep a bemused attitude here most of the time but YOU calling me a "clown" is something a nervous, embattled punk would do.

It’s like saying the rich guy will get impatient and call the charity volunteering to give to them.

You don’t make many charitable donations, do you...because this is how it works for many of us who do. We feel an obligation to pay it forward, so we seek out a worthy organization and give, voluntarily, without being solicited. It feels pretty good.

you really are a sick person...You DENY being 100% WRONG about the hundreds of idiotic posts you made concerning Kraft last year. Are you really claiming "oh, it's just my opinion" when you beat and bludgeon everyone who does not fall lockstep into line with your Newton blind hatred? Sure everyone is right sometimes and wrong sometimes...YOU are NEVER WRONG all the time. You don't see how everyone here sees this to be true? Do I have to show a count of all the "worst QB in the league!!!!!!" posts you've made the past few months?? You're pathological. And BTW, I try to keep a bemused attitude here most of the time but YOU calling me a "clown" is something a nervous, embattled punk would do.
[/QUOTE]
Clown

You don’t make many charitable donations, do you...because this is how it works for many of us who do. We feel an obligation to pay it forward, so we seek out a worthy organization and give, voluntarily, without being solicited. It feels pretty good.
He believes that charity begins at home. He's also a cheap bastard

I make plenty and of course I was speaking from the viewpoint of the charity, you know the ones that all actively solicit donations.
If you want to believe their best strategy is to sit around silently and hope they get donations that’s pretty funny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes