PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't necessarily think they're in on Watson. But if they were, given Caserio and Belichick's professional relationship, I'm guessing those would be the tightest lipped conversations in history. It probably would only involve the two of them for the time being, so it's not surprising that Rap wouldn't have heard anything either way.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft agreed to guarantee more than $140 million to the team’s incoming free agents last week.

In past years, when his front office watched other teams spend even half that money in an offseason, Kraft says they would all laugh. Clearly, the Pats have had a change of heart.

“Look, we’re not going to know till the fall. We always used to make fun of the people who won the headlines in March
,” Kraft recently told Sports Illustrated. “But here I believe we really improved our team.”...

Robert Kraft: Patriots used to make fun of NFL’s big free agency spenders

Hopefully, those of you who've been dismissing this point when it's come from posters here can now accept that Kraft agrees with us. And here's Kraft echoing something else many of us were saying when we were pointing out why we thought this was a year for the Patriots to sign a bunch of high end free agents:

..."We had the second or third-most cap room at the start of free agency," Kraft told King. "This year, instead of having 10 or 12 teams competing for most of the top players, there were only two or three. And in my 27 years as owner, I've never had to come up with so much capital before."...

Robert Kraft explains Patriots spending spree: 'It's like investing in the stock market'

I don't necessarily think they're in on Watson. But if they were, given Caserio and Belichick's professional relationship, I'm guessing those would be the tightest lipped conversations in history. It probably would only involve the two of them for the time being, so it's not surprising that Rap wouldn't have heard anything either way.
The Patriots don't have the ammunition to set up that trade. It'd have to be a 3 way deal. If Caserio were to trade Watson without getting back either another top QB or a young prospect/draftee, he'd be done in that town.

The Patriots don't have the ammunition to set up that trade. It'd have to be a 3 way deal. If Caserio were to trade Watson without getting back either another top QB or a young prospect/draftee, he'd be done in that town.

Are you saying Stidham wouldn't get it done?

(kidding of course, before Poe's Law takes effect here).

Well, them two and Easterby. You know he's got Caserio's phone bugged.

Teams would be crazy not to lowball Houston on Watson now while for Houston the relationship is even more toxic than before. This is an impossible situation.

Teams would be crazy not to lowball Houston on Watson now while for Houston the relationship is even more toxic than before. This is an impossible situation.
I see HOU selling Watson to the Zappers.

Robert Kraft: Patriots used to make fun of NFL’s big free agency spenders

Hopefully, those of you who've been dismissing this point when it's come from posters here can now accept that Kraft agrees with us. And here's Kraft echoing something else many of us were saying when we were pointing out why we thought this was a year for the Patriots to sign a bunch of high end free agents:

Robert Kraft explains Patriots spending spree: 'It's like investing in the stock market'

This year was a perfect storm of having cap space, alot of teams in a cap crunch and an unprecedented pandemic making the cap go down.

You have a secret way of preventing injuries in camp?

I would say that we should have competition, in any case.
Well yeah but I more so mean higher profile guys. Well def add some vets to compete for training camp.

I don’t think we’ll do a deal until/if Watson clears his name. After AB and Hernandez, I’m not sure Kraft wants to be involved in anymore controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes