PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
TY Hilton visiting with Chiefs.
So the NFL just sits back and let’s this happen.
Well their offense will still be legit but their defense needs improvement if they want another run...but still one of the best AFC teams..

This would be vg move for KC but there is quite a competition for the last strong WR on the board

I don’t think we’ll do a deal until/if Watson clears his name. After AB and Hernandez, I’m not sure Kraft wants to be involved in anymore controversy.
This is my SHOCKED face! Who knew?

Just saw the Giants signed CB Jackson.

Thought it was JC, but it was Adoree.

Interesting side bit

Replacing C stud Hudson with former UDFA tackle turned backup C signing him to starters contract 2 years early.
Adding almost 10M to what he would earn over next two years (UDFA+RFA).
Inexperienced backup signed close to Andrews contract on similar guaranteed $.

Just to put in context insane bargain Pats got with Andrews wanting to return. Feel sorry for good man David..

-

It was bound to happen - Chiefs have been looking for another WR pretty aggressively. They offered a better deal to Juju than the Steelers, but he decided to stay. Chiefs were also reportedly in the market for AJ Green, Corey Davis, and Curtis Samuel.

It's a good move for them - their offense is so much better when they have a #3 target performing well.

Interesting side bit

Replacing C stud Hudson with former UDFA tackle turned backup C signing him to starters contract 2 years early.
Adding almost 10M to what he would earn over next two years (UDFA+RFA).
Inexperienced backup signed close to Andrews contract on similar guaranteed $.

Just to put in context insane bargain Pats got with Andrews wanting to return. Feel sorry for good man David..

-

I thought Andrews would get 8-10M. Hell I thought Andrews may get tagged lol.

I don’t think New England is done another move at Running back wide receiver defensive back and QB is imminent
RB - Bell
WR - Brown
DB - Butler
QB - Bortles

The 4 Bs. Make it happen oh Great One.

I thought Andrews would get 8-10M. Hell I thought Andrews may get tagged lol.

I actually had him around 5M apy range originally but felt like even cheaper bastard than BB watching other projections and first OL contracts.
Turned out BB's still cheaper than me :)
I really wish Andrews' family got more. **** cap. Hope Bobby can add behind the scenes..

Adoree' Jackson gets $13M per and $26M guaranteed as a former 1st round disappointment. He has 2 career INT's which JC Jackson could get in one game. Jackson should be able to get that from someone easily.

I actually had him around 5M apy range originally but felt like even cheaper bastard than BB watching other projections and first OL contracts.
Turned out BB's still cheaper than me :)
I really wish Andrews' family got more. **** cap. Hope Bobby can add behind the scenes..
It’s not top market value but putting that aside, at $6.5 million in guaranteed money, I don’t think you have to worry about the Andrews family starving or anything like that ;)

Interesting common thread amongst the Pats FA Signees.. They were scouted heavily by the Patriots during their draft year.
Bill seems to have a book on every player back to high school. They don’t all work out but I rarely hear about a signing he doesn’t know.

Keep in mind that we're already at 80 players, and have 10 draft picks + UDFA upcoming. I'm not sure if we're going to do a lot more until after the draft, but I expect us to keep churning low-risk, low-cost veteran signings throughout the year.

How you are getting us at 80? I have us at 77 including JC Jackson and Jakob Johnson. I have us with 34 Offense, 33 Defense and 10 ST.

Bill seems to have a book on every player back to high school. They don’t all work out but I rarely hear about a signing he doesn’t know.
Yes, but in this particular situation, it's been noted that Caserio or another Patriots Management Staff were at the Pro-Day during the person's draft year. It's been mentioned my Anderson, Judon and several of the others.

I like Guy but he was also part of one of the most porous front 7s in the league last year. That’s not to say that he did not have plenty of help in that regard, but he also should not be considered blameless either.

With a DL crew of Godchaux, Anderson, Adams, Davis and Wise, they will likely be fine even if Guy departs. It is possible that they see view Godchaux as a younger version of Guy. That doesn’t even include a potential 330 lb.+ space eater in the draft.

Guy may give the Patriots a chance to match any offer and the decision to let him walk is unlikely to come down to a financial decision.
The same could be said for Godchaux. Did his part, but was also on a very poor run D. He is up there in age, and I agree with getting younger or fatter at the position. I’d just love to see him back for the Leadership he brings not only in the locker room but on the field as well. The man spent hardly anytime in the tub. As always, I’m sure it’s coming down to money/role/play time.

For those trying to keep track of how much cap space the Pats may have left, OTC has added Justin Bethel’s contract. His 2021 cap figure is $1.933 milion. Devin Smith’s $920k figure fell out of the top 51, so the net decrease of cap space is $1.013 million.

OTC shows the Pats $8.849 million under the cap. The reported signings of Karras, Adams, and McMillan have yet to be posted. I suspect McMillan and Adams wil be veteran minimum salaries, so, with the rule of 51, both should have a negligible effect on the cap.

That leaves Karras’ announced $4 m 1 year (possible NLTBEs?)contract to be added. Plus, the updated figures for Trent Brown have yet to be posted 5 days after the trade became official. The full $14 million carried over from the Raiders is included in the $8.849 million figure above still. The speculation is that cap figure will be reduced to $8 million with $3 million in NLTBEs adding $6 million of space.

My best guess is once those 4 contracts are posted the cap space left will be roughly $11 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back