PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't subscribe to the idea that there is only one way to build a good team. There have been teams who built through the draft and teams that built through free agency/trades that ended up winning the superbowl. We need to get talent where we can find them. If we can hit 100% on all our draft picks, that is awesome. Since that is not realistic, i don't see why we shouldn't spend money in FA to fill the holes we have. Winning in sports isn't about methods, it's about having good players and the right mix of players.

The pats were going to get crucified whatever they did my the local media. Spend a lot - buying a team. Try and spend less and then work on draft - BB is doing nothing.

Chargers continue to address their OL

I love how Deus reposts things that were posted hours earlier as if he is enlightening everyone..

You are focusing on the offense, but the defense was big or bigger in both the NFCCG and the Super Bowl. Would the Bucs got past Green Bay if they didn't totally shut down Rodgers? Or win the Super Bowl if they didn't shut down Mahomes? Granted Mahomes' struggles were beyond the Bucs' defense in his face all night, but they did play a big role.

There is a reason only one team has won back to back Super Bowls in the last twenty years.
In both games the offense was lights out in the first half and with a sizable lead dialed it back. Their defense is fine. Great D-line, 2 really speedy LBs and an average but improving secondary.

Reiss being pretty candid.

"In the worst-case scenario, they have overthought it, strayed too far from their draft-and-develop roots by committing too much to non-homegrown players, and will ultimately pay a similar price that other teams who also "won" free agency in March have in past years."
Reiss is overthinking it. They have performed poorly ins the draft and develop department and have to spend to put competitive talent on the field.

Not a glowing evaluation by Reiss. I guess he's a Pats hater.

When has Reiss ever given glowing evaluations? He's as fair and objective a reporter as possible, and when in doubt tends to give the team the benefit of the doubt. That piece is right on, and no one in their right mind would accuse him of being a hater.

Reiss being pretty candid.

"In the worst-case scenario, they have overthought it, strayed too far from their draft-and-develop roots by committing too much to non-homegrown players, and will ultimately pay a similar price that other teams who also "won" free agency in March have in past years."

From that same article:

"In the perfect Patriots world, they have capitalized on unprecedented market conditions, dramatically improving the team."

Reiss is overthinking it. They have performed poorly ins the draft and develop department and have to spend to put competitive talent on the field.
Not even remotely so.

From that same article:

"In the perfect Patriots world, they have capitalized on unprecedented market conditions, dramatically improving the team."
Lol at "in the perfect Patriots world."

And another for Caserio

And retaining one of their own:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing