PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that the Broncos lowball Lindsay:

Wonder if Trubisky is good enough for SF to part with Garoppolo. Maybe they think they can get somewhat similar production for a much lower price. They need cap space, Jimmy gives them over $20M.

Lol at "in the perfect Patriots world."

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Godchaux, Jonnu, Bourne, and Anderson - I feel really great about. Safe choices who'll fit their respective roles here really well, IMO. Godchaux is freakishly strong - that dude does NOT move backwards, ever. You can't block him with one guy. Jonnu is a well-rounded TE with a ton of potential. Bourne does everything well, has improved each season, and runs really good routes. Anderson is a really solid rotational DL who can play anywhere along the line.

Judon I feel pretty darn good about - he's extremely good, just want to make sure he can stay mentally in the right place. On the whole feel solid about him and he's a great edge defender anytime he's on the field.

Agholar is the one that's a bit more boom-bust. Corey Davis got identical money (over 3 years instead of 2) - I think Davis is the safer choice, but Agholar has more potential (especially athletically). In some sense, you could argue Davis would be redundant, with them already having possession/MoF receivers (Edelman, Meyers, Harry, and now Bourne) - they need speed, athleticism, and a home-run threat, which Agholar is more so than Davis is.

Of course there is inherent risk, but I think overall you gotta feel pretty good about today.

I still want to see them add an athletic, dynamic RB to pair with Harris and to push Michel. Kenyon Drake would be nice.

Itching to know how much 2021 cap space was used and how much remains. Probably won’t know til Wednesday.

Wonder if Trubisky is good enough for SF to part with Garoppolo. Maybe they think they can get somewhat similar production for a much lower price. They need cap space, Jimmy gives them over $20M.
I think it could happen.

This cap space excuse doesn't make sense. Both Brady and Mahomes released $19-$20M by restructuring/extending their contracts. SF could do the same w/ Jimmy.

This cap space excuse doesn't make sense. Both Brady and Mahomes released $19-$20M by restructuring/extending their contracts. SF could do the same w/ Jimmy.
You pull that off with elite players who know will stick around through the contract period. When you start doing that with players like Jimmy (who they’re clearly not sold on) is when you start getting into cap problems.

You pull that off with elite players who know will stick around through the contract period. When you start doing that with players like Jimmy (who they’re clearly not sold on) is when you start getting into cap problems.
Yea, but Trubisky over Jimmy? Why don't Pats just go after Trubisky then. Idk, not buying it.

Yea, but Trubisky over Jimmy? Why don't Pats just go after Trubisky then. Idk, not buying it.
Tru is more mobile fits what Shanny likes to run on offense.
Bill still has a a affinity for Jimmy G and his quick release fits well with the offense we are building.
It’s either that or moving up for a QB.
I’d like to try Mariota or Tru but Bill likes Cam and Jimmy

Of course I read it. What is the deal?
There was nothing negative said. It doesn’t matter. I read through the rest of the posts and saw you posted something else about Reiss later. Im not sure why you’re so obsessed with trolling the board right now.

Reiss being pretty candid.

"In the worst-case scenario, they have overthought it, strayed too far from their draft-and-develop roots by committing too much to non-homegrown players, and will ultimately pay a similar price that other teams who also "won" free agency in March have in past years."
He is giving a best case and worst case. He could have written that exact line regardless of the players involved. You are digging way too hard to try to find negatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News