PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might just be me, but I don't see the signing of Newton as something WRs / TEs will look at and say "I want to catch passes from Cam". Especially if they've watched any tape of Cam from the 2nd half of the season.

Ultimately, it rarely is the QB that makes people sign somewhere but the guaranteed money.

That being said I really think people here underestimate how many players went through highschool/college watching Cam and the respect they have for him. If it is between him and Stidham it will definitely move the needle a bit for those people. Definitely not enough to give out big discounts though.

Ultimately, it rarely is the QB that makes people sign somewhere but the guaranteed money.

That being said I really think people here underestimate how many players went through highschool/college watching Cam and the respect they have for him. If it is between him and Stidham it will definitely move the needle a bit for those people. Definitely not enough to give out big discounts though.
You can have respect for guy, watch his tape from the last half of 2020 and be like, "There's no way I'm going there. I'm liable to get my head taken off" or "Nothing can help Cam's play. It'll hurt my career".

You can have respect for guy, watch his tape from the last half of 2020 and be like, "There's no way I'm going there. I'm liable to get my head taken off" or "Nothing can help Cam's play. It'll hurt my career".

It all depends on the type of FA signing.

Long term market deals like e.g. Jonnu Smith or Hunter Henry that would get a 3+ year deal would not really be affected that much. Skill players that you want to sign on one year prove-it deals on the other hand would most likely be more critical of the situation.

It might just be me, but I don't see the signing of Newton as something WRs / TEs will look at and say "I want to catch passes from Cam". Especially if they've watched any tape of Cam from the 2nd half of the season.
The worry that players not wanting to come to NE is being grossly exaggerated. I think Cam is greatly respected by most players in the NFL. If the money is right a lot of players will come here.

The worry that players not wanting to come to NE is being grossly exaggerated. I think Cam is greatly respected by most players in the NFL. If the money is right a lot of players will come here.
The issue is that the amount of money required for it to be "right" is a variable for a lot of players.

Sorry @luuked but Reiss is neither plugged nor very bright. What he is is doing good job as pats beat reporter which is more than you can say about others.. Whenever he starts projecting he is off just like the rest..

I love Reiss, but I think he has proven that when he starts projecting he is off by more than the rest.

Friday morning brought word of offensive lineman Tyler Shatley re-signing with the Jaguars and Friday afternoon saw the team announce another move.

The Jaguars announced that they have re-signed cornerback Tre Herndon. Herndon was set for restricted free agency this offseason and no terms of his new deal were announced.

Jaguars re-sign Tre Herndon

I could see an effect on a vet that wants a 1 year "show me" deal. Such a player needs a decent QB so that the WR can cash in in 2022. 3-4 year contracts are a different matter. Many players just might think that the patriots will get it right in the next 2-3 years.

Is it for this season? I mean they’re over 4 million in cap. How much is the draft class? 7 million? Could be looking to add an OL.
Yeah, it's for the coming season.

Is it for this season? I mean they’re over 4 million in cap. How much is the draft class? 7 million? Could be looking to add an OL.
If you mean an entire OL, yeah, that's where they are.

It's like they told Mahomes: big restructure or we're running a Colts' punt formation all year long.

The last under 30 starting tackle off the board before FA even begins..
Just some context to better understand the value of Mount Browm move..

Bills org continues to do great job year after year under this leadership GM+HC
and players appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back