PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slater was not a WR but a Safety listed in the draft. He should be on the list.

David Givens best season was 878 yards for 4 TD. Brandon LeFell had a 900 yard season with 7TDs. Reche Caldwell also has a 800 yard season with 5TDs with Brady throwing it to him

David Givens is a tad overrated by pats fans. He was nothing more than a #3 wr on good squad which is why Bill let him walk in FA.
I'd take Givens any day of the week over LaFell.

He got hurt and it derailed him. If he was a bad pick then so was Malcolm Mitchell.

Limas Sweed was a bust but he was taken before Mike Wallace. You said the 4 before the last 4 were terrible. Clearly you were wrong.

As for Tate, no, Tate was a good return man and that's it. His best year as a wr was 400 yards and 3 TDs. Even Sammie Coates matched that.
I don't think Tate was any good. He was a bust. But he had 142 receptions. Coates had 27.
So whatever, if you want to say guys with 110 are good picks and guys with 142 aren't, or that they're comparable to guys with 27, then whatever, we're clearly nt on the same page.

I don't think Tate was any good. He was a bust. But he had 142 receptions. Coates had 27.
So whatever, if you want to say guys with 110 are good picks and guys with 142 aren't, or that they're comparable to guys with 27, then whatever, we're clearly nt on the same page.
I don't think anyone's saying Coates wasn't a bust, the comparison between Mitchell and Wheaton is valid to me.

Didn’t Tate get season ending injuries in the offseason of his first two years in the league? That didn’t help.

Thanks for proving my point

I didn't prove your point. I showed your point to be complete nonsense.

And Tate didn't have 142 receptions. He had 71. He had a career total of 142 rushing yards. You seem to have confused those two items.

Edelman consistently leads the league in drops, so does that make Edelman a bust. Dude you were wrong, no shame in that.

Doubling down on being wrong makes you look dumb.

Just admit that you didn’t know that Johnson’s issues with drops last year were such an issue that Tomlin benched him.

I never wrote that Johnson was a bust/miss. He clearly looks like a hit. I was merely pointing out that you didn’t mention this major 2020 flaw in his game, either because it didn’t fit your narrative or because you don’t really know much about him, other than reading his stats.

Either way, I’m not worried about some schmuck on this site calling me dumb.

Ras I and Jordan Richards hurt the most followed by Darius Butler who most of us was stoked about.

So, so many others hurt worse than Darius Butler...Bill gave up on him too quickly...
Now if you want to talk stupid 2009 2nd-round picks, then we're talking Ron Brace (RIP)...

Last edited:
Just admit that you didn’t know that Johnson’s issues with drops last year were such an issue that Tomlin benched him.

I never wrote that Johnson was a bust/miss. He clearly looks like a hit. I was merely pointing out that you didn’t mention this major 2020 flaw in his game, either because it didn’t fit your narrative or because you don’t really know much about him, other than reading his stats.

Either way, I’m not worried about some schmuck on this site calling me dumb.
Johnson was my fantasy team, I'm very well aware of him. Again you keep changing the subject because you were wrong. Johnson had 16 drops last year but finished in the starting roster.

He had a rough stretch of 3 drops in 13 and 2 drops in week 14.

What was his punishment?

Week 15: 13 targets 8 Rec for 59 yards and 1 TD, 0 drops

Week 16: 14 targets, 8 Rec for 74 Yards and 1TD, 1 Drop

Week 17: 4 Targets, 3 Rec for 96 Yards, 0TD, 0 Drops.

I didn't get into details of any of the WRs stats because of the time consumption.

But clearly Diontae was never benched and was the leading target most weeks for Ben, so clearly it didn't bother Ben nor Tomlin enough to decrease usage.

Wrong again bub.

Everyone would be excited if Diontae was the Wr we took instead of Harry.

Just saying - imagine if NE traded for Darnold and he became good. Just think about how funny it would be.

It won’t happen, but just think about it.

So, so many others hurt worse than Darius Butler...Bill gave up on him too quickly...
Now if you want to talk stupid 2009 2nd-round picks, then we're talking Ron Brace...
RIP to Brace, sad to see a fellow Western Mass native go so early. Not a good player though.

Now if you want to talk stupid 2009 2nd-round picks, then we're talking Ron Brace...
Ugh Ron brace was like a 6th round talent drafted In the second

Butler hurt because we gave up on him so fast for some reason. There had to to be something Bill didn’t like. He had himself a decent career.

We kept worse corners than Butler that year. Your making me think back to which players it was. I’m going to go look now though.
Arrington, McCourty, Moulden, Sergio Brown, and post-injury Bodden (briefly) were the CBs that next season (2011).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes