PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simms has Jones as his third best QB prospect in this year’s draft. I don’t agree with it, but that’s probably why he’s saying that.

That having been said, he’s made some eyebrow raising rankings before and hit on them (particularly 2018 when he ranked LJ and Allen as his top 2 QBs above Baker).

Simms has Jones as his third best QB prospect in this year’s draft. I don’t agree with it, but that’s probably why he’s saying that.

That having been said, he’s made some eyebrow raising rankings before and hit on them (particularly 2018 when he ranked LJ and Allen as his top 2 QBs above Baker).

You might not like Sims, but his QB takes have been as good as anybody else over the last 4 drafts.

I’ve heard from the same sources as that unverified Twitter account that the Pats are asking for not one, not two, but THREE firsts for Harry! That is clearly why trade talks for Harry have stalled, no other reason!
It seems we both follow the same guys on Twitter. Three first seems fair to me. I'd do that in a heartbeat. Yep WFT doesn't want Mac Jones, they want to trigger us cause secretly they only want Harry

You might not like Sims, but his QB takes have been as good as anybody else over the last 4 drafts.
Yes I’m in agreement with you there. He had the balls to rank Lamar Jackson as the top QB in his class when some where saying he may need to change positions. He ranked Herbert above Tua last year (which wasn’t a controversial take since many experts alternated between the two in rankings). He liked Mahomes the most of the 2017 class when others were going with Watson and Tribusky. He’s not a psychic or anything but his QB evaluations are worth a closer look.

Yes I’m in agreement with you there. He had the balls to rank Lamar Jackson as the top QB in his class when some where saying he may need to change positions. He ranked Herbert above Tua last year (which wasn’t a controversial take since many experts alternated between the two in rankings). He liked Mahomes the most of the 2017 class when others were going with Watson and Tribusky. He’s not a psychic or anything but his QB evaluations are worth a closer look.

Ranking Lamar as the #1 QB prospect in the 2018 draft looked really stupid in the first year, absolutely genius in the second year, and now really stupid again.

I'm not convinced LJ is a QB though.

Ranking Lamar as the #1 QB prospect in the 2018 draft looked really stupid in the first year, absolutely genius in the second year, and now really stupid again.
He also had Allen above Baker, which looked doubtful until it didn’t. And again it’s not to say he’s going to hit on all of them. 2019 he ranked guys like Haskins and Stidham over Daniel Jones.

I'm not convinced LJ is a QB though.
I hear you. I prefer a QB whose strongest trait is their arm not their legs. But he’s at least shown capable of playing the position in the NFL, and playing it at a high level like he did in 2019. It’s what separated him from the likes of Terrell Pryor.

This Wilson hype is extreme. The "pros" saying they haven't seen a pro day like that before.

Darnold is likely being traded.

This Wilson hype is extreme. The "pros" saying they haven't seen a pro day like that before.

Darnold is likely being traded.
Nahh, Wilson needs Darnold to teach him how not to see ghosts.

He's the only person I've seen or heard that doesn't have Lawrence number 1. I guess only time will tell.

He had Mahomes #1 and the last year Herbert #2. Not a lot people agreed with him, but he was right.

Edit: I just read @BoTown 's post. He said it better than me.

He had Mahomes #1 and the last year Herbert #2. Not a lot people agreed with him, but he was right.

Edit: I just read @BoTown 's post. He said it better than me.
  1. A lot of people had Mahomes and Watson above Trubisky.
  2. A lot of people thought Tua would struggle as a rookie, and a lot of people have moved off of Tua post-injury.
  3. Jackson is not the best QB in his class.
  4. A lot of people had questions about Mayfield, both for his attitude and his play, and would have passed on him as the first QB

Again, the pumping of Simms' tires is mostly just hype, not substance. Don't fall for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down