PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is literally my point. Not sure how you would have come to any other conclusion based on what I said.
Ok. Somewhere between 2 patterned attitudes and ignoring judgment before investigating the facts didn’t sound like the same thing to me.

Agree.

Save for Andrews, my gut tells me the NEP are done for now (I have no idea obviously) and will sit back and let the market settle. If they find players willing to come off their price and looking for a home before the draft then they might pounce.

Rest of the roster will be filled with draftees, UFAs, small trades and red tag sale items.

If Andrews signs elsewhere, look for the Pats to use #15 on a center. I would rather use that to trade up for a QB, but Bill may not have another choice...Landon ****erson or Rashawn Slater are good possibilities

It’s the world we live in. Every situation has to be used for political/social/personal gain.
Depending upon what side you are on you attack the emotional factors. How can presumed innocence matter when something truly awful happened? Look no further than the responses from the exact same people to cavanaugh and cuomo accusations.
I'm not going to go through this in this thread, so this is my last. I don't compare these situations at all because they are entirely different. Witness to actual body parts on people's faces is entirely different than lecherous behavior unwitnessed. So... moving on.

Ok. Somewhere between 2 patterned attitudes and ignoring judgment before investigating the facts didn’t sound like the same thing to me.
If you judge before investigating the facts, you are following one of those 2 attitude patterns. I specifically said it's bad to dogmatically follow those patterns. Therefore, what I said means it's bad to judge before investigating the facts. Seems like pretty simple logic to me.

If Andrews signs elsewhere, look for the Pats to use #15 on a center. I would rather use that to trade up for a QB, but Bill may not have another choice...Landon ****erson or Rashawn Slater are good possibilities
They aren’t using 15 on a center.

• DESHAUN WATSONQB, HOUSTON TEXANS

The Athletic's Joseph Person reports the Panthers "are locked" on acquiring Deshaun Watson.​

Person quoted an executive with an NFL team that has closely monitored the quarterback market who said Carolina remains focused on trading for Watson, 25, who desperately wants out of Houston. Person said "Watson looks to be Plan A, B and C" for the Panthers and the team's owner, David Tepper. Person expected Tepper and the Carolina front office to be as aggressive as any team interested in landing Watson, with "three first-round picks the likely starting point" in trade talks. Carolina has $29.8 million in cap room after a series of roster cuts and the restructuring of Christian McCaffrey's and Shaq Thompson's contracts. The Texans remain dug in on keeping Watson, but it would seem the Panthers are among the favorites to acquire the QB if Houston relents.
    RELATED: SOURCE: The Athletic
    Mar 17, 2021, 9:17 AM ET

That is literally my point. Not sure how you would have come to any other conclusion based on what I said.

We have a thread for the Watson lawsuit. Maybe I should not assume you are unaware? Get the facts? Or kick your *** out of the Free Agent thread?

If you judge before investigating the facts, you are following one of those 2 attitude patterns. I specifically said it's bad to dogmatically follow those patterns. Therefore, what I said means it's bad to judge before investigating the facts. Seems like pretty simple logic to me.
The way you said it was not clear to me.
“Somewhere in between” “they are all guilty” and “they are all liars” isn’t saying the same thing as wait for the facts. I get what you meant now but didn’t get that form “somewhere between”.

We have a thread for the Watson lawsuit. Maybe I should not assume you are unaware? Get the facts? Or kick your *** out of the Free Agent thread?
I'm fine leaving the discussion at this. Just keep in mind I was not the one who started it, and I don't believe in letting stupid things go unchecked even if it derails a thread.

Also, what are you saying about facts? "Get the facts" is my position.

Apparently people have said that attorney is known for being less than credible.
If anything this makes him cheaper
I suspect the most prestigious law firms in Houston would shy away from a sexual assault lawsuit against a star QB. The attorney may not have the best reputation, but that doesn’t guarantee his client is not truthful in the facts.

I saw Watson’s response (pro football talk) to the lawsuit earlier. You declare your innocence and leave it at that especially if the truth is on your side. But, Watson’s representative went about defaming the plaintiff which deserved this response from the plantiffs attorney.

Why not? We need one. I'd certainly rather see a QB, but there are only a few positions I could see the team using a 1st round pick on, and C is one of them.
Because a top QB is $30m, a top WR is 18m, a top CB is 15m, a top LT is 16+m, and a top C is...less.

Why not? We need one. I'd certainly rather see a QB, but there are only a few positions I could see the team using a 1st round pick on, and C is one of them.
Because they can find a C in free agency or later in the draft. It’s not a first round position.

Ok, then they'll probably trade down and get one.
No. They can get one in free agency or later in the draft. There are many better ways to use a 1 than on a c

I'm fine leaving the discussion at this. Just keep in mind I was not the one who started it, and I don't believe in letting stupid things go unchecked even if it derails a thread.

Also, what are you saying about facts? "Get the facts" is my position.

We have "threads" and a "thread ignore" feature, and the community should respect others independent of their personal "feelings". If you want to be part of the PatsFans community you have to put the collective rules ahead of your manhood and righteous ideals when posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back