Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth Sims

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I have them a bit lower - dont see them extremely backloading - not what they need or normally do - id guess they'd prefer flexibility for possible restructures later..

In any case agreed that theres plenty of cap left..
No reason to not backload given that unused cap space can not just be carried forward. Plus, they won’t be doing this every year, and they have oodles of cap space in 2022 and 23. I’m not sure if “not what they normally do” applies anymore.

gobesmug

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
No hopefully it makes them sweeten the pot so we can sign Hudson.
Hudson asked to be released. It's either because he wants to break the bank or play for a contender.

I would prefer to keep Andrews for half the cost and get more help.

Obviously if the price is close, Hudson all day

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter

long distance

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
No reason to not backload given that unused cap space can not just be carried forward. Plus, they won’t be doing this every year, and they have oodles of cap space in 2022 and 23. I’m not sure if “not what they normally do” applies anymore.

btw- What do you mean cap space cannot be carried forward?

Bill Lee

What, me worry?
I get it but they didnt have to honor it
It might feed the "Raiders have cash flow problems" narrative?

The Raiders put out a LOT of money thinking that the stadium would be open.

Mark Davis is not independently wealthy, he needs the Raiders to be cash positive, and they weren't.

So when Hudson says "Instead of paying me my $3.5MM roster bonus release me" Davis says "Sure!"???

Patsgofor4

In the Starting Line-Up
Has anyone else noted that the Pats links/articles and headlines on NESN website seem to frequently have a negative spin. Henry and the Sox must be so salty that so few people give a sh*t about them anymore.

jah

Official PatsFans Gamer
PatsFans.com Supporter
Hudson asked to be released. It's either because he wants to break the bank or play for a contender.

I would prefer to keep Andrews for half the cost and get more help.

Obviously if the price is close, Hudson all day
A contender to Hudson might just be "not the Raiders". I think that team has been quietly imploding while the Texans get all the attention for being mismanaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.