PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple more players given their walking papers..

Matt Ryan restructures contract. Means Atlanta won't take QB at #4. That could be our trade partner. Gilmore, #15, Harry, and 2022 2nd for #4.
I would think it means they will take a QB at #4 and this is most likely Ryan's last year with the Falcons

I would think it means they will take a QB at #4 and this is most likely Ryan's last year with the Falcons

I think they love fields a lot . Anyway them taking a QB still leaves the door open to take a guy like Trey Lance.

Matt Ryan restructures contract. Means Atlanta won't take QB at #4. That could be our trade partner. Gilmore, #15, Harry, and 2022 2nd for #4.

Not even close to enough..

even this projection for CIN might not be enough : NE #15 + #46 + 2022 1st > #5

Belichick can wait until Day 4 for second tier, when he really know who is available.

Of course, we still have hopes before then for Andrews, Van Noy, or one of the RB's.

Restructuring pushes the cap back further into the future.
Really? You don't say.. I thought it made it disappear [sic]

The push does two things. Takes cap hit and pushes that into the future where they have more. Gives them space to sign people today.

What it doesn't do is prevent them from releasing Ryan after the 2022 season. In that time, they can draft a QB in 2021 and let him learn behind Ryan for 1-2 years and then allow them to move him in either during the 2022 season or for the 2023 season. I seem to remember a team having a real expensive back-up on their bench once upon a time and they needed him to help win a play-off game..

Not even close to enough..

even this projection for CIN might not be enough : NE #15 + #46 + 2022 1st > #5
Why not? Sounds reasonable. The chiefs got mahomes with the 27th pick, a 3rd rounder and a 2018 first round selection. We are given them something better than what the chiefs gave up for mahomes.

I think that 2022 will be. They don't have a ton of space based on the projected $205M cap for 2022. Cutting Ryan then only saves them about 8.5M of the 48.5M cap hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News