PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: April Edition

Why should he say that if it isn't true?
Never said he should.

It goes to show Brady's character, high, and the character of the NFL/Goodell, petty and the lowest form.

If it had been Peyton Manning, not only would he have thrown the entire organization under the bus, but he would have had the 2 equipment guys intimidated into admitting guilt. Even though there was nothing to be guilty of, because science.

Yikes. Sounds like a super ugly scene, if true.

From a draft perspective, add Minn to the teams who may take a CB in round 1. Gladney was pick 31 last year.

When you put almost all your focus on one team, you are sometimes blind to misses by other GMs (such as this one & the dude Titans drafted)...

A very inexact endeavour, the draft. Fans crying about “first round misses” dismiss the crazy/impossible job preparing for the draft really is...

A very inexact endeavour, the draft. Fans crying about “first round misses” dismiss the crazy/impossible job preparing for the draft really is...

Most fans also completely get the risk proposition wrong when it comes to medicals vs. behaviour issues. The former is actually something you can kinda predict based on history and actually treat. The latter is just a wildcard without a remedy.

Most fans also completely get the risk proposition wrong when it comes to medicals vs. behaviour issues. The former is actually something you can kinda predict based on history and actually treat. The latter is just a wildcard without a remedy.

I doubt the Vikings brass could have predicted this behavior....

If even a smidgen of this story is true, this kid is in some real trouble. Once again, another person's life is ruined by social media (in this case texting). I urge everyone to go by a trac phone flip phone and be done with all of it!!!

Carolina are unlikely to keep Teddy now they have given up draft picks for Darnold.

Where does Teddy get traded to? Possibly Denver? If so this removes another team looking for a QB in the draft. But it does seem that only two QBs (TL and ZW) are really worth a high first round pick. Trey Lance seems raw and Justin Fields has been accused of not being focussed on working hard. Mac Jones might be great but he has limitations.

Would Coach Bill draft Trey Lance and sit him a year if he's there at 15?
Dan orlovsky said “he heard fields was last guy in first guy out”. That carries about as much weight as a fortune teller. Let’s be better than spreading that.

I doubt the Vikings brass could have predicted this behavior....

If even a smidgen of this story is true, this kid is in some real trouble. Once again, another person's life is ruined by social media (in this case texting). I urge everyone to go by a trac phone flip phone and be done with all of it!!!
Paul Pierce, listen to me! Throw away your phone!!!

Once SF made the trade with Miami, it basically frozenCarolina out of the QB market. No way Atlanta is trading with a division foe, so #4 is out. The Falcons are locked into Ryan for at least the next two years, so #4 is for sale to the highest bidder, who is not in the NFC South. So Carolina knew they had no shot at moving up.

I like the trade for Darnold, they gave up very little (basically what the Pats gave up to get Sanu to play for one game), he still is very young and once you get the JETe stank off him, he might turn out to be a better QB than anyone drafted this year not named Lawrence.

Once SF made the trade with Miami, it basically frozenCarolina out of the QB market. No way Atlanta is trading with a division foe, so #4 is out. The Falcons are locked into Ryan for at least the next two years, so #4 is for sale to the highest bidder, who is not in the NFC South. So Carolina knew they had no shot at moving up.

I like the trade for Darnold, they gave up very little (basically what the Pats gave up to get Sanu to play for one game), he still is very young and once you get the JETe stank off him, he might turn out to be a better QB than anyone drafted this year not named Lawrence.
I read Arthur Blank would love to screw us since the superbowl and Gloating and 28-3 Being on the ring.
I wouldn’t count them trading with us.

I read Arthur Blank would love to screw us since the superbowl and Gloating and 28-3 Being on the ring.
I wouldn’t count them trading with us.
It didn’t prevent the two teams from doing business with each other two seasons ago (Sanu for 2nd round pick). They’ve screwed us plenty as it is!

I consider Atlanta a definite possibility to take a qb or at least trade with a team....Broncos are a team that you don't hear a lot from but they could definitely take one or trade up for one. That number 4 pick is when the draft really begins!!

B

Blank knew he was winning that trade by a mile.
Giving Blank too much credit, I doubt he had anything to do with negotiations. Their GM at the time however, Thomas Dimitroff, was more than happy to take advantage of his former boss in a trade.

I consider Atlanta a definite possibility to take a qb or at least trade with a team....Broncos are a team that you don't hear a lot from but they could definitely take one or trade up for one. That number 4 pick is when the draft really begins!!

Tom Curran makes the relevant point about Atlanta:

On the surface, trying to find the successor for 36-year-old quarterback Matt Ryan seemed to make sense. Quarterbacks going to the Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Jets, Niners and Falcons seemed possible.​
Not so fast, my friend. The insane cap numbers for Ryan the next few years make him nearly impossible to trade and – more importantly – nearly impossible to sit. So if the Falcons were to take a quarterback this year, he’d almost certainly be on the sideline until 2023 while Ryan and his cap hits of $27M, $49M and $44M played on.​

take this with a grain.......could be carolina just blowing more smoke, they still could take a young QB

take this with a grain.......could be carolina just blowing more smoke, they still could take a QB

This may have been sent to him by the Panthers but it’s ridiculous. There is no way they’re going to take a quarterback at 8. They paid a fair amount to get Darnold, in an attempt to salvage him. We already know that he is a little bit mentally fragile, so it would be idiotic to draft a young quarterback to compete with him in his first year with them, when they are already planning to pick up his fifth year option. The pick at 8 should be an OT or WR. Pitts would be ideal but I doubt that he will fall to 8 at this point.

The Justin Fields work ethic story has been around for the past week. It's been discussed on all major sites/shows. Just search for it.
Plenty of mock drafts have Denver selecting a QB - perhaps they won't but they certainly don't look like they've got a franchise player at the moment.
Bridgewater might be kept around but I'm pretty sure if another team comes in with an offer of draft picks for him he'll be moved straightaway. Carolina have just taken the option on Darnold's contract next season which pays $18m. There's no way he's not going to be the starter next year. You don't need a QB competition in camp you need a better O-line and weapons for Darnold and he's just cost you draft picks so ship Teddy out and recoup some of those picks.

So, in other words, you don't realize that it's April and that this is the time where disinformation comes out about players in the draft. Not to mention that it all stemmed from ONE comment said by Dan Orlovsky. While Orlovsky might be great at breaking down tape, he's not known for having any sort of "in" at the colleges. You clearly also didn't do any sort of follow-up on the article because Orlovsky was taken to task over his comment by several people.

Just because "mock drafts" have Denver doing something doesn't mean it's going to happen. Denver made Lock their 2nd round pick in 2019. They put him in over Flacco in 2019 despite Flacco having put up good numbers. 2020 was a cluster on all fronts. Denver needs help on their O-Line and D-line more than they need a QB.

Carolina traded a 6th round pick (of which they had 3) to the Jets for Darnold in the 2021 draft. Yes, there is a 2nd and 4th in the 2022 draft, but they aren't going to re-coup that this year. Yes, Carolina has given Bridgewater permission to seek a trade, but no one was knocking on the door to get Bridgewater before. Otherwise, Carolina would have taken that offer knowing they were in line to get a QB with the 8th overall pick.

The Falcons COULD take a QB, but their immediate future is tied up in Ryan for 2021 and 2022 ($90M against the cap between the 2 years). Not sure they can afford the slot for a QB at 4 this year. 4 seems awfully high to take a RT. I could easily see them taking Pitts. Atlanta's passing offense would be SICK with Pitts in there with Jones, Ridley and Hurst.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back