PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: April Edition

Well, honestly, it might not be the worst move. They’d have to do some digging to determine what the actual likely severity is - if they feel it’ll ultimately be shown to not be as bad as it looks now a year from now, they can park him behind Cam and then he can start and rehabilitate his public image next year.

Of course it’s probably pretty hard to say at this point, and it’s highly dependent on what the cost would be. Beyond that, I just don’t see it happening if only because of the somewhat similar issue Kraft faced which was too recent.
I am assuming the cost is relatively cheap.
But you aren’t playing Newton unless Watson is suspended for the year and you still can’t find anyone better, which still wouldn’t be hard.
Oh I don’t see it happening either but it would be a smart football move.

And, as of now it is all civil stuff. Which means he will never be found guilty of anything. Just like the AB stuff. People can sue anyone for anything. I am not quite sure how the league will handle it, but it certainly doesn't help his reputation or earning potential. If it becomes criminal and he gets charged with crimes all bets are off.

And, as of now it is all civil stuff. Which means he will never be found guilty of anything. Just like the AB stuff. People can sue anyone for anything. I am not quite sure how the league will handle it, but it certainly doesn't help his reputation or earning potential. If it becomes criminal and he gets charged with crimes all bets are off.
Supposedly the Houston PD FINALLY opened a case against Watson. It remains to be seen what happens..

Sounds like he wants to be paid more than being offered

Decent Draft Cousins,
I had Cox at #46 for a month now and Feheko recently.

I have liked the idea of Mills and Feheko (Plunkett and Vataha). Count me in.

I'd have Patrick Johnson at #139 You probably have not heard of him and He finished his time at Tulane with the most sacks in school history with 24.5 sacks in four seasons. 6"3' and 255lbs. Johnson had a standing broad jump of nine feet, 11 inches and ran a 4.59-second the 40-yard dash, with an unofficial timer even registering him at 4.53.

Johnson’s ability to fire off of the ball and bend around the edge immediately stands out on tape. He is a quick and explosive rusher who wins with speed on a consistent basis around the edge. Johnson shows impressive natural flexibility and closes on the quarterback extremely quickly.

While he is certainly more of a speed rusher, Johnson does a nice job of converting that speed into power. He is not the most naturally strong player up front, but he can create some nice impact at the point of attack at times.

He also had 132 tackles and 35 for a loss with the Green Wave. Earned a spot on the American All-Conference Team in 2018, was second-team in 2019, and was first-team in 2020 again. According to Pro Football Focus, Johnson had 44 quarterback pressures, and he was graded out as the highest edge rusher in the AAC back in 2018.

#188 Robert Rochell Central Arkansas CB This guy is a steal. He and his Team gave Tre Lance his worst game. Low 4.4 40 time, 43.5 inch vertical, and a 11'1″ broad jump

I have Anthony Schwartz Auburn #177 over Darden .....Bigger and 4.2 speed. Fastest dude in the Draft. World class sprinter at 6'1" and 200 lbs. SEC guy.

1,433 career receiving yards on 117 catches … ranks 10th in Auburn career receptions and 17th in career receiving yards …

I have a surprise at #197. QB Ian Book Notre Dame in a double down at QB 63.8% completions. 72 TDs and 20 interceptions in his 4 year career. What higher profile football program in history? Drew Brees clone?

Love to have G Meinertz if one of these other picks fail.

The one constant in these picks? Speed.

DW Toys

How long did Rothlesberger get suspended for? That’s probably what Watson is looking at. After that, he might be grateful that he still has a job with the Texans. At this point, we have no idea whether he’s still going to claim that the Texans are the idiots in that relationship. And once he’s served his suspension, he’ll still be worth a boatload if the Texans want to trade him before next year’s draft.

How long did Rothlesberger get suspended for? That’s probably what Watson is looking at. After that, he might be grateful that he still has a job with the Texans. At this point, we have no idea whether he’s still going to claim that the Texans are the idiots in that relationship. And once he’s served his suspension, he’ll still be worth a boatload if the Texans want to trade him before next year’s draft.
Four games for Roethlisberger. The same exact punishment the league office gave to Brady for him not entrusting them with his phone.

Four games for Roethlisberger. The same exact punishment the league office gave to Brady for him not entrusting them with his phone.
He got 4 games for not throwing the equipment guys under the bus.

All the NFL wanted him to do was say was the equipment guys were aware that he liked the balls at a certain pressure and that they might have taken things into their own power.

He got 4 games for not throwing the equipment guys under the bus.

All the NFL wanted him to do was say was the equipment guys were aware that he liked the balls at a certain pressure and that they might have taken things into their own power.
What did they do? Controlled the weather?

by the "NFL" I'm assuming you mean SCUMBAGDELL the despicable POS that belongs in federal prison on a RICO charge, right? I'm so sick of this balls-less response crap to OUR TEAM and WE FANS being shyt on by this ****in' turd human. BRADY DID NOTHING!!!!!! The Patriots DID NOTHING!!!! when are you guys going to get this through your thick skulls? Wells? Bill Nye?????? these clowns have all but disappeared, like Kensil the rat ba$tard Jete POS...AND Brady just stuck it up the Goon's tuna can sized pucker ring with his 7th ring!! I want this Goodell screaming from a cell in Leavenworth as he is getting gang sodomized over and over and over...see if friggin' Ted Wells gets him out of that....azzwipe

Last edited:
Bb needs to sign him to an extension, he has at least 3 more good years in him!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back