PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: April Edition

Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports

Smart move by the Bills, without doubt. Allen is really good...lock him up for as long as possible.

HORRIBLE move by the Bills. $43M AAV for Josh "f'in" Allen? SERIOUSLY? He's a top 10 QB, but he's not in the top 5 and certainly not #2 behind Mahomes.

I just don't see tying up 20% (or more) of your salary cap in 1 player.

HORRIBLE move by the Bills. $43M AAV for Josh "f'in" Allen? SERIOUSLY? He's a top 10 QB, but he's not in the top 5 and certainly not #2 behind Mahomes.

Agreed but that is where the market is. What deal did Dak get? 4 year, $160M - $40M AAV. About the same and I would pick Allen over Prescott.

Agreed but that is where the market is. What deal did Dak get? 4 year, $160M - $40M AAV. About the same and I would pick Allen over Prescott.

While I agree that Allen is probably better than Prescott, using the Cowboys as your tool to justify such a ridiculous contract doesn't mean it's correct. There's a reason they haven't been able to put anything together since Aikman was their QB.

That's a great deal from a Patriot's perspective.

There is that. It means that he Bills will fade back into mediocrity soon.

I think the division will be ours again this season.

Allen showed his usual self during the AFCCG.

Now he's sucking up salary cap while our QB situation is thirty million cheaper.

It's what the Pats will face in a few years if Mac takes off

It's subjective but from what I've seen he's taking off.

Well, that's the debate, isn't it? Is a quality QB worth it? BB seems to think not, but we'll see. For the Bills, who are desperate for a win, the 6-year window may close fast, but it's worth the shot, I think.

If the Pats had Allen or Mahomes or Wilson right now, would we be talking 7-10 - 10-7, or would we be expecting a DEEP playoff run, and be disappointed with anything less than a SB?

The NFL has done everything possible to make QB THE most important position in sports. It always was critical, but the new rules might well make it essential.

True. Which is ridiculous, unfortunately.. And it's unlikely that Mac will give the Patriots similar sweetheart deals that Brady gave them..

Unless his eventual wife starts her own business and makes 50 mil per year. That softened the landing for Tommy when he took less on a regular basis.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back