PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: April Edition

The Patriots still have about 10M in wiggle room with the cap. They should try to sign someone else. Slim pickings right now, but they can get something. Kawann Short - DT on a 'show me' deal would be nice. Geno Atkins has something left too I think.
Would anyone trade Glimore for Julio straight up? I probably wouldn't given the lack of depth at the cb position, but Julio in a Patriot uniform sure would be tempting.
I would And I love Gilmore.

Just heard on local radio here in south Florida that Jason McCourty signed with the Dolphins. :(

Kinda sad to see, especially because he stayed in the AFCE, but I didn't really think we necessarily had room for him anyway (if you don't believe in Williams/Bryant, you probably saw otherwise).

Not a fan myself, but if Bill says so.

Not a commentary on Kyles' point in general, but just because I watched another of his play examples...

Kyles either misreads this play or is just too biased in his analysis.

The DB is beaten cleanly. A bad throw is the problem for the WR here, not the defender.

Not a commentary on Kyles' point in general, but just because I watched another of his play examples...

The DB is beaten cleanly. A bad throw is the problem for the WR here, not the defender.

Miami is moving up that team I hate ladders, with Pittsburgh, Baltimore and now KC.

He reminds me of Browner in being long, aggressive and slow. But he has a ring so...

Last edited:
The Dolphins are an amusement park ride which everyone overlooks in their rush to praise Grier and Flores. Yesterday, they released their 27 year old captain and starting safety, Bobby McCain. Today they signed 34 year old backup CB Jason MCCourty.

Worth kicking the tires?

I think so. I remember the Dede hype his rookie year, when he was finally healthy enough to play. The guy is still young and was electric in college. The cost should be minimal.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back