PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: April Edition

You’re overrating fields. We should see whose right in a couple of years. He has bust written all over him.
Again I have watched every snap and you have watched you tube
Perhaps it’s arrogant, perhaps it’s underselling you but from the posts you have made on this board I will trust my ability to evaluate football more than yours.

Judon, Hightower, and Van Noy improve the entire DL by leaps and bounds. So will Godchaux, if those who say he doesn't get moved are correct.
Right. Look at it this way.
It’s 8 other guys, Bentley, Simon and Hall or 8 other guys HT, judon and KVN.

ENORMOUS difference and on top of that we upgraded the DTs in the middle.

Again I have watched every snap and you have watched you tube
Perhaps it’s arrogant, perhaps it’s underselling you but from the posts you have made on this board I will trust my ability to evaluate football more than yours.

How did he do against pressure? You can keep pumping your guy. Just hope the pats stay away from him. Let someone else draft him. We shall see whose right.

How did he do against pressure? You can keep pumping your guy. Just hope the pats stay away from him. Let someone else draft him. We shall see whose right.
He did fine. Did you see him outplay Trevor Lawrence in the playoff?
Im not pumping anyone I’m evaluating the player.

I am not sure, but watching his games I came away somewhat underwhelmed, but I don't claim, unlike Ring, to be an expert, and will of course defer to his uncanny judgement of college qb's.

Except that Uche is MUCH smaller than Collins...Dude thinks he's a Pass-Rusher when he's actually built for ILB or Weak-Side LB...but he cannot/doesn't want to play inside with the Grown Men and he has ZERO demonstrable coverage skills...Horrible trade-up and pick.

You are truly shameless when it comes to posting things that are patently false.

All week long, SAM linebacker Josh Uche highlighted his versatility, considering his ability as a pass rusher as well as to drop into coverage. Game included, Uche made quite the impression on scouts, starting with those who spoke to ESPN after the game.Players like Uche are tough to gauge because they don’t have a specific projected position at the next level. Uche showcased his versatility in Mobile, standing out when he got opportunities to rush the passer. His heavy, strong hands seemed to shock blockers at the contact point. Uche was also able to run with some of the running backs in coverage, which is good for his future in the NFL.

What they’re saying: “He won me over during Wednesday’s practice. He doesn’t have the typical edge-rusher build but likely projects as an outside ‘backer who can sustain pass-rushing downs in certain defenses. Loved how explosive his lower-body movement showed up in individuals. Great bend. They’ll call him a tweener in every draft profile you read, but he’s so versatile that every NFL team could find a role for a guy like this.”

Did you watch him at all last year? If you did, you should be embarrassed about your pass rushing take.

https://t.co/MvqxOFpOob

F9BAE617-E23E-41C0-82B1-0E0FF973857C.jpeg
17 QB pressures in only 99 pass-rushing snaps.

IN SUMMARY, YOU ARE WRONG....AGAIN.

Last edited:
Captain's crap on Uche did have a positive effect it seems :)

In 2019, van noy played the weak side, I assume he goes back there.
Hightower goes back to his usual spot.
If we draft parsons, does he play inside? If we do not draft parsons, does McMillian play that spot?
Is the net-net that uche plays the star?

I am not sure, but watching his games I came away somewhat underwhelmed, but I don't claim, unlike Ring, to be an expert, and will of course defer to his uncanny judgement of college qb's.
Im not an expert either but I expect that we should be able to coach a top of round 1 talent up.

If we draft parsons, does he play inside? If we do not draft parsons, does McMillian play that spot?
Parsons is a luxury. We are set in his role

I keep forgetting about McMillan - he might work out very well in his role here.

Let me guess: this came out from the middle of your butt-cheeks and you just couldn't hold it in? :)

If i ignore the laughable attempt of misrepresenting Uche as a player - which i believe was just your TM grumpy routine - saying that he
“doesn't want to“ play inside - is beyond even your hatred standards.. and goes against your main agenda vs BB authoritarian :)

On that ZERO part though:

I'm not saying Uche is bad in coverage and I'm not commenting on his skills. Only this clip.

This is not a highlight. Hamler had him beat but the QB was late and way under threw it.

If that pass was timed correctly and accurate that pass goes into Hamler's highlights as a TD.

Parsons is a luxury. We are set in his role
We are set for this year. We also have no idea how much Hightower has left in the tank. A pick of Parsons/Collins is a pick to not only learn behind him but to replace High by 2022. Just like a cb would be for gilmore.

I'm not saying Uche is bad in coverage and I'm not commenting on his skills. Only this clip.

This is not a highlight. Hamler had him beat but the QB was late and way under threw it.

If that pass was timed correctly and accurate that pass goes into Hamler's highlights as a TD.

What was Uche's responsibility/job on that play?

We are set for this year. We also have no idea how much Hightower has left in the tank. A pick of Parsons/Collins is a pick to not only learn behind him but to replace High by 2022. Just like a cb would be for gilmore.
Which is why we need to fill the gaping hemorrhaging hole we have at QB

Parsons is risky. I'm not liking his character issues that is coming to light and hear he's not great in coverage. But I agree that we don't know how much HT has left in the tank. I was hoping there was a LaVante David/Devon White type LB in this draft.

What was Uche's responsibility/job on that play?
Not sure, but he didn't stop the completion. Poor QB play did.

Like I said my comment was not a critique against Uche, just that play being used as a highlight.

Parsons is risky. I'm not liking his character issues that is coming to light and hear he's not great in coverage. But I agree that we don't know how much HT has left in the tank. I was hoping there was a LaVante David/Devon White type LB in this draft.

the best coverage linebacker in this draft is the kid from lsu. If we miss out on parsons, he would make a good consolation prize in the second round.

Not sure, but he didn't stop the completion. Poor QB play did.

Like I said my comment was not a critique against Uche, just that play being used as a highlight.

Its not LBs job to stop a completion deep in DB territory. Taking away middle of the field and accompanying WR to S is quite good enough :)

LB going stride by stride in coverage with one of the fastest WRs is good enough for a little highlight, no?

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back