PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Jets/JEST/Jete Suck thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Niners springing Mostert for an 80 yard rushing TD on a simple pitch play on the first play of the game is one thing, but the play where the Jets, trailing 21-3 at the start of the 3rd quarter with a backup QB playing for the Niners, allow the Niners to convert a 3rd and 31 with a 55 yard rush on basically the same pitch play as the earlier TD... That's one of the Jetsiest plays of all time.

no...this is year four of the strategic 15 year plan to eradicate the stench of the infamous "Buttfumble" and "Buttfumble II" by propping up a toehead blunder boy led by a googly gazing grotesquerie and hoping that the metro area NY/NJ fans miss this ersatz, completely adulterated dumpster fire of a franchise.

I still question if the Jets ever did win a SB. I see pictures of the supposed victory and hear about it occasionally, but for some reason I still question its legitimacy. Anybody more experienced and older have any info on that subject?

no...this is year four of the strategic 15 year plan to eradicate the stench of the infamous "Buttfumble" and "Buttfumble II" by propping up a toehead blunder boy led by a googly gazing grotesquerie and hoping that the metro area NY/NJ fans miss this ersatz, completely adulterated dumpster fire of a franchise.

15 year plan?? Holy shmalokies. I must have missed the burning bus.

Last edited:
Fix....a Jet lineman used to own a bar in Pawtucket...Gerry Philbin. Place was called the Goal Post. I lived down the street from there in the 70's for a bit and got to know Gerry pretty good. He used to talk about that game and how the O line held all game because the refs weren't calling anything and they let Mackey get mugged all game by the Jet secondary. He never came out and said it but the impression I got was that the game was an extremely important event in the merging of the 2 leagues into one juggernaut. At the time there was a universal bias against the AFL and its ability to compete with NFL teams. That superbowl ended that.

2020 has been a strange year, but there's one constant: Da Jete SUCK!

Therefore every Monday has a Joe and Evan rant.

It's gonna be hilarious to hear how many times they call for Gaze to be fired!

I wonder: if Jete fans had started wearing masks a couple years ago, Jete stank might not have reached such noxious levels.

I wonder: if Jete fans had started wearing masks a couple years ago, Jete stank might not have reaches such noxious levels.
If they had started wearing masks they'd have flooded the jails and prisons....biggest felonious fanbase in league history...

Last edited:
I still question if the Jets ever did win a SB. I see pictures of the supposed victory and hear about it occasionally, but for some reason I still question its legitimacy. Anybody more experienced and older have any info on that subject?
Some people claim the video highlights were faked. Kurt Gowdy, who supposedly called the televised play-by-play, is dead. And Joe Namath is senile so you can't really trust what he says. But assuming it DID happen, that game amounts to little more than a post-season exhibition contest between two leagues. Rest assured the Jete NEVER have won a National Football League championship title and likely ever will.

It's only week 3, and we all know it's another wasted year by da Jete:

Something I did not know: In 1979 a Patriots fan was killed by an errant remote controlled airplane during the halftime show of the Pats/Jets game at Shea Stadium. Story.

It happened in December 1979, at Shea Stadium. The Jets hosted the Patriots, and at halftime the Electronic Eagles of the Radio Control Association of Greater New York took the field, flying a collection of model airplanes.

During the show, a plane shaped like a lawnmower landed in the stands, striking 20-year-old John Bowen and 25-year-old Kevin Rourke. Bowen, who reportedly “looked like he had been attacked by an ax,” underwent emergency surgery. Several days later, Bowen died.

Yeah. Just like last season. Once the team gels n gets healthy they'll start winning a bit.

8‐8 seems possible.
Yes, please! The late season runs of meaningless wins to destroy draft position, save the jobs of bad coaches, seed false hope and delay necessary tough decisions are my favorite!

Yeah. Just like last season. Once the team gels n gets healthy talent and a new coaching staff they'll start winning a bit.
FIFY. Health isn't going to save this team, they suck. It's time for another reboot, started by firing the coach.

Yeah. Just like last season. Once the team gels n gets healthy they'll start winning a bit.

8‐8 seems possible.

What a rally cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes