PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020/2021 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had hoped Maluia might survive. He is another fast LB. With 3 new TE's now on the roster, I hope this doesn't mean Asiasi and Keene wind up being two more wasted draft choices.

I had hoped Maluia might survive. He is another fast LB. With 3 new TE's now on the roster, I hope this doesn't mean Asiasi and Keene wind up being two more wasted draft choices.

In the two practices that I saw, Maluia could look pretty good on one play and then spend the next couple of plays looking like a deer in the highlights.

I could see how that would drive bb nuts.

Guess that’s why we can’t see any of the rookies on the field? They’re all made of glass apparently? Look, I hate the made of glass stigma just as much as anyone else, but either these guys can’t stay healthy because of freak injuries that seem to be a problem in foxboro, can’t just stay healthy period, or Bill feels this season is meaningless and is using every game as an extended preseason or they just absolutely ****ing sick. Come on guys. This is stupid. The lack of playing time for our young players is trash. Trash!

This is such an absurd take. Especially from a long timer.

You seem to be overlooking the fact that this year is unique in that teams can put players onto the IR and not lose them for the year. You're also overlooking the fact that these kids didn't have the typical OTAs to get into pro football shape. The Pats aren't the only ones with rooks not playing because of injury. Other teams have lost rooks for the season with MAJOR injuries.

ROFLAMO. Over-react much.

First off, there are NOT 3 new TEs on the roster. There is ONE. The other two are on the PS. And that's because they needed healthy bodies. Making such a statement as you have says you aren't paying attention to what's actually going on in the league. Even remotely thinking that Asiasi and Keen could be wasted picks at this point is just ridiculous. My god. Do you throw your child out because they aren't playing the piano by 6 months? And YES, it's a valid analogy..

11/11 -
Updated with the waiving of Cassh Maluia
Updated with the waiving of Ryan Glascow
Updated with the signing of David Well - TE- to the PS.
Updated with Dylan Cantrell - TE - to the PS.

This is such an absurd take. Especially from a long timer.

You seem to be overlooking the fact that this year is unique in that teams can put players onto the IR and not lose them for the year. You're also overlooking the fact that these kids didn't have the typical OTAs to get into pro football shape. The Pats aren't the only ones with rooks not playing because of injury. Other teams have lost rooks for the season with MAJOR injuries.
My sarcasm hasn’t been on point lately. I don’t think they are actually that injured. Feels like a sweeping case of the Foxboro flu (that may or may not exist) to me. That’s all it is, a feeling. No proof. It’s frustrating watching this team play poor football, but not having it be due to the young players you’ve drafted being out there growing from mistakes.

Updated with the release of Jake Dolegala from the PS.
Updated with the signing of Cassh Maluia to the PS.

11/13:
Patriots released Dylan Cantrell from the PS
Patriots put Caleb Benonoch on the PS IR

Mmm...probably, but i could be wrong , no Sony Michel more ?

11/14 -
Updated with Jermaine Eleumenor being activated from the IR.
Updated with Shilique Calhoun being placed on IR
Updated with the released of Nick Thurman from the "53"
Updated with the re-signing of TE Paul Quessenbury to the PS.

The elevations of Hall and Maluia are part of the special PS rules for this season.

Mmm...probably, but i could be wrong , no Sony Michel more ?
He can be activated any time prior to the game against the Texans. If not, then he will be be IRed for the remainder of the season. f

Jermaine returning is a plus. He exceeded my expectations. Glad he isn’t out for the year.

Jermaine returning is a plus. He exceeded my expectations. Glad he isn’t out for the year.
A pleasant surprise but he will see action only at short yardage TE barring injury.

11/14 -
Updated with Jermaine Eleumenor being activated from the IR.
Updated with Shilique Calhoun being placed on IR
Updated with the released of Nick Thurman from the "53"
Updated with the re-signing of TE Paul Quessenbury to the PS.

The elevations of Hall and Maluia are part of the special PS rules for this season.

I assume that Thurman was released because they like Carl Davis. An upgrade at the very least, we will see if it is significant.

I assume that Thurman was released because they like Carl Davis. An upgrade at the very least, we will see if it is significant.
Thurman is likely to be resigned to the PS Monday. With Davis and Mack, they have an abundance of DTs now while still having issues at LB..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots