PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 OTAs/Minicamp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it this video?

Dorsett is far from a Lock! He better have the Mother of all TC's to be considered a lock. He has some familiarity with Brady lets hope he rides on that. But if he has a quiet TC it's bye bye. To now he has not lived up to his First Round billing. That said I love the competition we have at WR may the best players win. I think Dontrelle Inman will surprise I really like him.

Dorsett is well ahead of Inman on the depth chart and stands a much better chance of making the cut than Inman.
As well he should, since he's a better receiver than Inman.

Also don’t sleep on Davis. These three could battle for last WR spot at slot. The bubble WRs who gain Brady’s trust early in will have a big advantage when training camps arrives.

A lot of die hard fans here. Didn’t expect someone to measure release to catch times :), based on me saying N’Keal looks slow compared to Harris and Edelman in 1 drill on day 1 of the minicamp.
The point is more like how insane a take it is for anyone to claim that N'Keal is slow, based on 1 rep of 1 drill on day 1 of minicamp. It is a hawt take of Max Kellerman proportions.

So After first day of Minicamp
Edelman Berrios Harris Harry, Gordon, maybe Thomas?
How did Inman Look?
What about the undrafted Rook we need more details.

I don’t know if I’d lock in Harry yet, apparently he’s crappy and slow according to the video.

Berrios is so small and fragile looking that if Berrios trips and falls on the field, he could spend the year in concussion protocol.

He is an injury waiting to happen. How does he last 3 plays let alone 16 games?

Berrios is so small and fragile looking that if Berrios trips and falls on the field, he could spend the year in concussion protocol.

He weighs 190 lbs, which is right in line with all of our other smaller guys throughout the years. Is there something specific that you’re noticing? Lack of bulk, skinny legs, etc?

He weighs 190 lbs, which is right in line with all of our other smaller guys throughout the years. Is there something specific that you’re noticing? Lack of bulk, skinny legs, etc?

It's training camp time for people who are trying to get back into shape for complaining about players in the regular season.

Hopefully the same way other small guys do... use their shiftiness to avoid big hits in traffic. I do agree that when he does get pooped hard though, he’s going to be in a world of hurt.

Hopefully the same way other small guys do... use their shiftiness to avoid big hits in traffic. I do agree that when he does get pooped hard though, he’s going to be in a world of hurt.
Does he appear to have bulked up from last year?

DaBruinz was pretty high on Gunnar, and he’s actually 20 lbs lighter than Berrios. Does Berrios look like he’s a light 190, or does he look like Welker (185)?

One can assume that the team has thought some of this through in terms of how they’ve managed his size (or lack thereof) in terms of the conditioning program over the past 12 months. That said, I’ve yet to see him this year, so I have no idea.

Does he appear to have bulked up from last year?

DaBruinz was pretty high on Gunnar, and he’s actually 20 lbs lighter than Berrios. Does Berrios look like he’s a light 190, or does he look like Welker (185)?
Haven’t seen pics of him this year yet, but he always reminded me of a smaller Welker at the U. I was at the FSU game in these highlights. He couldn’t be covered.

The point is more like how insane a take it is for anyone to claim that N'Keal is slow, based on 1 rep of 1 drill on day 1 of minicamp. It is a hawt take of Max Kellerman proportions.
Good point. No disagreement there. Unpopular comment always gets the fans to show their passion and in-depth knowledge of the game. I’m ok, if my unpopular comments make people feel smart and good about themselves.

Good point. No disagreement there. Unpopular comment always gets the fans to show their passion and in-depth knowledge of the game. I’m ok, if my unpopular comments make people feel smart and good about themselves.
I mean no offense but coaches have compared him to a young Boldin or Larry Fitz.
What could Brady of accomplished with a Larry Fitz his entire career?

It wasnt an "unpopular" comment. It was just a ridiculous comment based on nothing. Just trolling it seems.

Thanks, man. Feeling great about myself today. I just screamed and punched a hole in the drywall for no reason. The dogs were terrified but I felt like a man.

Folks are splitting hairs over an ~inch and +/- 5lbs

Truth is...

Welker was smallish
Jules is smallish
DA was smallish
Troy was smallish

IMO all of these players were pretty muscular and could take a beating AND did a pretty decent job of avoiding direct hits consistently (thanks to Tom and their own awareness)

Berrios is listed at 5-9 190. He could be 5-8 185. He could be 5-9 195. Who the hell knows. What is important is how he gets open and avoids getting crunched consistently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes