PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 OTAs/Minicamp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know where the OTA thread is ? That’s what I thought I clicked on.

It time warped into a thread on that exciting 2011 defense. :eek:

What they overlook is that teams that put up a lot of points are usually ahead late and give up tons of garbage yards and points as well.
Yep

2011 NE points allowed per qtr rank and actual average allowed
1st - 19th- 4.8
2nd- 6th- 6
3rd- 7th- 3.5
4th - 23rd- 6.8

2011 NE points scored per qtr
1st- 7th-5.5
2nd- 3rd-9.9
3rd-3rd-8.4
4th-4th-8.3

So basically on average the NEP were up 24-14 at the start of the 4th quarter.

I really REALLY want to see Wynn at minicamp. That would make me feel a lot better.

I really REALLY want to see Wynn at minicamp. That would make me feel a lot better.

Wynn wasn't a full participant for OTAs which are still on going. Not sure how he would be at minicamp suddenly.

"These three minicamp sessions are probably most meaningful for Patriots pass catchers because Brady will be present. Rookie wideout N’Keal Harry worked out with Brady and fellow receiver Julian Edelman over Memorial Day weekend, but it’s entirely possible that guys like wide receivers Ryan Davis, Maurice Harris, Dontrelle Inman, Jakobi Meyers and Gunner Olszewski, tight ends Andrew Beck and Matt LaCosse and running backs like Brosette and Damian Harris haven’t even met the Patriots starting QB yet."

"They say first impressions are everything, right? We remember back to 2017 when tight end Dwayne Allen had serious issues with drops during spring practices and then was barely used as a receiver during his two years in New England. That means these sessions very well could be paramount for roster bubble pass-catchers like Harris, Inman and LaCosse. A strong spring could mean the difference between a significant role and an early September team change. We liked what we saw from LaCosse in OTAs. We’ll see if Brady likes him too."

WR battle is the thing I’m most interested in

WR battle is the thing I’m most interested in

I agree, though I think TE is the big one for me (on offense). We know what we have (for better or worse) with Edelman and Dorsett. N'Keal is one to watch, but the two big fish, Thomas and Gordon, likely won't be a factor early in the season anyway (if at all). Tight end is a complete unknown at this point, so seeing some signs that the position will be viable and how it's likely to be used is the most intriguing to me.

I agree, though I think TE is the big one for me (on offense). We know what we have (for better or worse) with Edelman and Dorsett. N'Keal is one to watch, but the two big fish, Thomas and Gordon, likely won't be a factor early in the season anyway (if at all). Tight end is a complete unknown at this point, so seeing some signs that the position will be viable and how it's likely to be used is the most intriguing to me.

Dorsett is far from a Lock! He better have the Mother of all TC's to be considered a lock. He has some familiarity with Brady lets hope he rides on that. But if he has a quiet TC it's bye bye. To now he has not lived up to his First Round billing. That said I love the competition we have at WR may the best players win. I think Dontrelle Inman will surprise I really like him.

Dorsett is far from a Lock! He better have the Mother of all TC's to be considered a lock. He has some familiarity with Brady lets hope he rides on that. But if he has a quiet TC it's bye bye. To now he has not lived up to his First Round billing. That said I love the competition we have at WR may the best players win. I think Dontrelle Inman will surprise I really like him.

I'll clarify, I never said he was a lock, just that we know what we have. I agree that if Thomas is healthy, Gordon is reinstated, Harry lives up to a first round billing himself, and Inman shows something, Dorsett is out. I was more stating that he is a known commodity, and thus the intrigue around him from a camp competition standpoint is less interesting to me (personally).

Cannot wait the hear the reports on that Jimmy G wannabe Tom Brady under throwing wide open receivers.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes