PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 Mock Drafts

Agreed about the unrealistic. I really like Wilkins. Seems like a great player and true leader but I know there is no way he falls within 14 picks of 32.

I have Wilkins ranked as one of the blue chips in this draft along with q Williams, Allen from Kentucky and white from lsu.

If he makes it out of the top 20, then someone on many teams is not doing their job properly.

Interesting one from Trevor Sikkema from The Draft Network:

32. Jerry Tillery, IDL, Notre Dame
56. Irv Smith, TE, Alabama
64. Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
73. Ben Banogu, Edge, Texas Christian
97. Josh Oliver, TE, San Jose State
101. Joe Giles-Harris, LB, Duke
134. Daylon Mack, IDL, Texas A&M
205. Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor
239. Bruce Anderson, RB, North Dakota State
243. Greg Dortch, WR, Wake Forest
246. Jamal Peters, CB, Mississippi State
252. Lamont Gaillard, IOL, Georgia

Personally, I would go with Lawrence ahead of Tillery, and I doubt they'll double dip at TE that early. I also think they've got to go OL with one of those first seven picks. I like some of the names later on, too.

Interesting one from Trevor Sikkema from The Draft Network:

32. Jerry Tillery, IDL, Notre Dame
56. Irv Smith, TE, Alabama
64. Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
73. Ben Banogu, Edge, Texas Christian
97. Josh Oliver, TE, San Jose State
101. Joe Giles-Harris, LB, Duke
134. Daylon Mack, IDL, Texas A&M
205. Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor
239. Bruce Anderson, RB, North Dakota State
243. Greg Dortch, WR, Wake Forest
246. Jamal Peters, CB, Mississippi State
252. Lamont Gaillard, IOL, Georgia

Personally, I would go with Lawrence ahead of Tillery, and I doubt they'll double dip at TE that early. I also think they've got to go OL with one of those first seven picks. I like some of the names later on, too.
Tillery is strictly a 3-4 DE; he's an absolutely terrible fit here. I'd rather pin my hopes on BC's Zach Allen or Iowa's Anthony Nelson if I'm going Big at DE, but I wouldn't take any of them at 32...and instead of drafting Banogu at 73, I would take Ohio State OLman Mike Jordan there.

Tillery is strictly a 3-4 DE; he's an absolutely terrible fit here. I'd rather pin my hopes on BC's Zach Allen or Iowa's Anthony Nelson if I'm going Big at DE, but I wouldn't take any of them at 32...and instead of drafting Banogu at 73, I would take Ohio State OLman Mike Jordan there.

I think Tillery can play inside in a 43 (where he played in college). He's got that Seymour body type but less filled out, and he plays with a bit of a narrow base, but I think he'd be fine in our multiple fronts. 32 is a little rich for me, but 56 on and I'd be all for him.

Curious CBS mock from 1st pick, to 3 DBs, a FB, only 1 WR in top 11 picks?

1.32 Jachai Polite EDGE Florida
2.24 Andy Isabella, WR, UMass
2.32 Trade to Arizona for Josh Rosen QB
3.10 Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M
3.34 John Cominsky, EDGE/DL, Charleston
3.37 Iman Lewis-Marshall, CB, USC
4.32 Cameron Smith, LB, USC
6.32 Alec Ingold, FB, Wisconsin
7.25 Blessaun Austin, CB, Rutgers
7.29 T.J. Edwards, LB, Wisconsin
7.32 Zedrick Woods, DB, Ole Miss
7.38 Ryan Davis, WR, Auburn

Seven-round NFL Mock Draft: Cowboys start with Round 2 defender, Patriots swipe Josh Rosen, Bears land corner help

That's from Chris Trapasso, who's so bad that he temporarily(?) got CBSsports.com links banned from the NFL Draft subreddit.

That's from Chris Trapasso, who's so bad that he temporarily(?) got CBSsports.com links banned from the NFL Draft subreddit.
True but what's your take on his #32, I hadn't seen him mentioned in this thread (maybe I missed it).

I like my mock better

My latest mock from walkthemock.com for NE via Default ranking

1:21 - TE T.J. Hockenson, Iowa
1:22 - TE Noah Fant, Iowa
2:32 - DL Jerry Tillery, Notre Dame
3:1 - WR Marquise Brown, Oklahoma
3:37 - QB Will Grier, West Virginia
4:1 - DL L.J. Collier, TCU
4:32 - EDGE Christian Miller, Alabama
5:22 - QB Brett Rypien, Boise St.
7:25 - WR Jakobi Meyers, NC St.
7:29 - OT Drew Richmond, Tennessee

Acquired via (SEA): 1:21
Traded Away: 1:32, 3:33, 2019 Rd 3
Acquired via (BAL): 1:22, 5:22
Traded Away: 3:9, 7:38, 7:32, 2019 Rd 1
Acquired via (ARI): 3:1, 4:1
Traded Away: 2:24, 6:32

True but what's your take on his #32, I hadn't seen him mentioned in this thread (maybe I missed it).

Polite has tantalizing tape. Let's start there, because he looks like Von Miller on some snaps. The problem is that he's destroyed his stock since the season ended. He also showed up to the combine overweight, then interviewed poorly and complained to the media that teams were hating on him and asking tough questions. To top it off, he tested below average -- when the tape shows he wins with get off, speed, and twitch, it raises red flags when he's over his playing weight and no longer very explosive. He's on the smaller side (the new weight is "bad" weight) and he's a one year wonder.

Any of that sound like a Patriots player? :)

Last edited:
I like my mock better

My latest mock from walkthemock.com for NE via Default ranking

1:21 - TE T.J. Hockenson, Iowa
1:22 - TE Noah Fant, Iowa
2:32 - DL Jerry Tillery, Notre Dame
3:1 - WR Marquise Brown, Oklahoma
3:37 - QB Will Grier, West Virginia
4:1 - DL L.J. Collier, TCU
4:32 - EDGE Christian Miller, Alabama
5:22 - QB Brett Rypien, Boise St.
7:25 - WR Jakobi Meyers, NC St.
7:29 - OT Drew Richmond, Tennessee

Acquired via (SEA): 1:21
Traded Away: 1:32, 3:33, 2019 Rd 3
Acquired via (BAL): 1:22, 5:22
Traded Away: 3:9, 7:38, 7:32, 2019 Rd 1
Acquired via (ARI): 3:1, 4:1
Traded Away: 2:24, 6:32
I doubt that Hockenson lasts until 21...and even if I were able to swing a trade for him, there is no way that I would follow that move with another trade-up for Fant. We need help at other positions too.

And double-dipping at...QB? C'mon man.

I doubt that Hockenson lasts until 21...and even if I were able to swing a trade for him, there is no way that I would follow that move with another trade-up for Fant. We need help at other positions too.

And double-dipping at...QB? C'mon man.
best player available for the 2 QBs
As far as Hockenson and Fant turning a position of malnutrition to immense strength.
The trade terms were more than a bargain.

What is Hockenson's likely range in the first round, and what will it take - based on similar trade-ups during previous first rounds - to assure his selection?

Still kind of early for me to do a mock but I'll give it a shot.

#32 Jeffrey Simmons - DL Miss State
#56 Hakeem Butler - WR Iowa State
#64 Jace Sternberger - TE Texas A&M
#73 Will Grier - QB West V.
#97 Darnell Savage - S Maryland
#101 Hunter Renfrow - WR Clemson
#134 ?????

Still kind of early for me to do a mock but I'll give it a shot.

#32 Jeffrey Simmons - DL Miss State
#56 Hakeem Butler - WR Iowa State
#64 Jace Sternberger - TE Texas A&M
#73 Will Grier - QB West V.
#97 Darnell Savage - S Maryland
#101 Hunter Renfrow - WR Clemson
#134 ?????

I'd love this draft. I'm not so sure that Butler doesn't end up in the 1st, though. He's still developing as a player, but that size and speed combo doesn't come along all too often.

I'd love this draft. I'm not so sure that Butler doesn't end up in the 1st, though. He's still developing as a player, but that size and speed combo doesn't come along all too often.

He well might. I've seen him mocked in the first round a few times. While I haven't look at all the top WRs i'd be surprised if he was taken before AJ Brown and M. Brown. Both seem too polished to pass up. Then you have Metcalf who has a lot of upside too. Someone is going to want to take that risk.

Last edited:
This was the result of my Fanspeak mock that I did today. I know there is no way in hell we stay put or draft this many players, but I didn't have access to the trade feature. Gotta say though, I would be very pleased if our draft turned out this way.

R1P32-DL DEXTER LAWRENCE
CLEMSON
Fills a need with a really big body. Ignoring the noise that was his bar from the bowl, I believe Lawrence would have an immediate impact on our Run D and within 2-3 seasons of S&C with Moses and crew he will be a force. I don't think he will last this far, though many project it.

R2P24-TE IRV SMITH
ALABAMA
Another need pick, but was also the BPA on the board. Will he be Gronk? No, but he will develop into an able blocker, and has shown the skills to be a decent threat in the passing game.

R2P32-EDGE ZACH ALLEN
BOSTON COLLEGE
Doesn't excel in any particular area, lines up all over the place, has a high motor and really great size. Sounds like a Patriot to me.

R3P9-S JUAN THORNHILL
UVA
Not an elite athlete, but is lauded for his smarts and nose for the ball. Can be used as a match up type DB with TE's or bigger receivers. Give him a few years with DMC, Harmon, and Chung, and he will be ready to step in when they retire.

R3P33-QB WILL GRIER
WVU
I'm not necessarily a "We need Bradys replacement NOW!" kinda guy, but felt this was a good place to take a solid looking QB and give him a year in the system to see what comes of it. None of us really know what we've got in Etling, and Hoyer will be another year older. QB's are a very valuable commodity. If we're lucky, he turns into something and we can bypass all of the sexy guys next year (Fromm, Tua etc.), if not, let's develop him and have either a cheap back-up to push Brady, or trade him out for another player or draft pick 2 yrs from now.

R3P37-TE JOSH OLIVER
SAN JOSE STATE
Hasn't been a long time producer, but shows he has the athleticism to be a receiving threat, and the strength to be a willing blocker. Definitely double dipping here.

R4P32-WR DAVID SILLS V
WVU
Ex-QB turned receiver with an angry as hell chip on his shoulder? YES...PLEASE! Lanky guy who high points the ball really well, and just effortlessly plucks the ball out of the air. Doesn't look like a slot kinda guy. Reminds me of Hogan. Anyways, we could use a young guy without spending tooo much draft capitol to get him. Has very little experience and a pretty high ceiling. Being around Edelman would by all indications be a great opportunity for him, and pairing him with his college starting QB will give them both some confidence.

R6P32-LB CAMERON SMITH
USC
Productive 4 year starter. Captain. High motor and is built pretty solid. Not very athletic, but then again, everyone was saying the same about Bentley. Great spot to take a flier on a guy like this.

R7P25-LB BEN BURR-KIRVEN
WASHINGTON
Small. Was productive in college. Not drafting to be a LB, but to step in and see what he can do on ST's

I'm going to be completely honest. I only drafted these last 3 guys because I thought their names were awesome, and the fact that they were in positions we could use some development depth was just icing on the cake.

R7P29-OT ISAIAH PRINCE
OHIO STATE

R7P32-G BUNCHY STALLINGS
KENTUCKY

R7P38-CB CLIFTON DUCK
APPALACHIAN STATE

This draft would be beastly (from TDN mock machine)

7817e15bf9f46de490e841e24c70e3b7_Patriots.png

Clelin Ferrell

, EDGE
    Clemson

Jeffery Simmons

, IDL
    Mississippi State

Darnell Savage

, S
    Maryland

Terry McLaurin

, WR
    Ohio State

Kahale Warring

, TE
    San Diego State

Tytus Howard

, OT
    Alabama State

KeeSean Johnson

, WR
    Fresno State

Did a draft on TDN, maybe not realistic, but I sure would be happy with it. I'll write my thoughts on thr picks quickly after and try not to analyze too much as I know you all already know most of the guys by now!

32. TJ Hockenson TE Iowa
56. Dexter Lawrence DT Clemson
64. Riley Ridley WR Georgia
73. Zach Allen DE Boston College
97. JJ Arcega-Whiteside WR Stanford
101. Terry McLaurin WR Ohio State
134. Bobby Evans OT Oklahoma
205. Max Scharping OT Northern Illinois
239. Brett Rypien QB Boise State
243. Austin Bryant DE Clemson
246. TJ Edwards LB Wisconsin
252. Matt Gay K Utah

First two are pretty obvious and thought they were so good that I didn't have to double dip at either position, though would have if better value would have come around.

All 3 WRs have different skill sets and with the free agency so barren at this point, this type of move might be what's needed to give Brady the weapons he deserves. Then they can be part of the building blocks of the next dynasty. McLaurin could go in the slot, be a gunner and take over Patterson's kick returning duties. Ridley hopefully becomes an all around WR, maybe never a true #1, but hopefully a upgrade on Hogan from 2018 immediately. JJAW could become special but at first he needs to at least be a red zone threat right away because obviously one is needed.

Need insurance with Brown gone and Wynn coming off an injury so I grabbed two swing tackle options. Both could make the team as they could probably slide inside.

Still a lot of DE reps available and Allen can definitely set the edge from the outside and Bryant is underrated at this point.

Until Ghost is signed a kicker is needed and Gay has a big leg for kickoffs and seems to be accurate.

Edwards plays faster than his times. Hopefully he can stick on special teams and in a few years develop into a role.

Last edited:
Did a draft on TDN, maybe not realistic, but I sure would be happy with it. I'll write my thoughts on thr picks quickly after and try not to analyze too much as I know you all already know most of the guys by now!

32. TJ Hockenson TE Iowa
56. Dexter Lawrence DT Clemson
64. Riley Ridley WR Georgia
73. Zach Allen DE Boston College
97. JJ Arcega-Whiteside WR Stanford
101. Terry McLaurin WR Ohio State
134. Bobby Evans OT Oklahoma
205. Max Scharping OT Northern Illinois
239. Brett Rypien QB Boise State
243. Austin Bryant DE Clemson
246. TJ Edwards LB Wisconsin
252. Matt Gay K Utah

First two are pretty obvious and thought they were so good that I didn't have to double dip at either position, though would have if better value would have come around.

All 3 WRs have different skill sets and with the free agency so barren at this point, this type of move might be what's needed to give Brady the weapons he deserves. Then they can be part of the building blocks of the next dynasty. McLaurin could go in the slot, be a gunner and take over Patterson's kick returning duties. Ridley hopefully becomes an all around WR, maybe never a true #1, but hopefully a upgrade on Hogan from 2018 immediately. JJAW could become special but at first he needs to at least be a red zone threat right away because obviously one is needed.

Need insurance with Brown gone and Wynn coming off an injury so I grabbed two swing tackle options. Both could make the team as they could probably slide inside.

Still a lot of DE reps available and Allen can definitely set the edge from the outside and Bryant is underrated at this point.

Until Ghost is signed a kicker is needed and Gay has a big leg for kickoffs and seems to be accurate.

Edwards plays faster than his times. Hopefully he can stick on special teams and in a few years develop into a role.

Close to perfect. Would be thrilled with Big Dex, Allen and Mclaurin and Hock would be a great pick albeit a little more unrealistic.

Post-Gronk-Retirement, 7-round mock with FanSpeak, using DraftPlex' big board, user-voted team needs & Difficult algorithm:

2019 NFL Mock Draft via Fanspeak's On the Clock Mock Draft Simulator

If ever there was a year that Bill drafts a WR in the first round, this could be that year. At minimum, Deebo Samuel assumes the snaps of The CP Experiment...

...Besides, all of the top 6 DEs were taken by 32, so I feel a lot better taking Jaylon Ferguson at 56 than I would've felt at 32.

I was tempted to choose QB Ryan Finley at 134 but decided instead to gamble on the high-ceiling, small-school CB Corey Ballentine...I'm also gambling that SD State TE Kahale Warring is the next Russ Francis.

Naturally, many of these players will be drafted earlier than I was able to draft them here, but hey a fella can dream, can't he?

EDIT: Sorry I thought the results, and not just a link, would show in the post...I wonder if FanSpeak has removed that option...or is it just me...

Last edited:
Post-Gronk-Retirement, 7-round mock with FanSpeak, using DraftPlex' big board, user-voted team needs & Difficult algorithm:

2019 NFL Mock Draft via Fanspeak's On the Clock Mock Draft Simulator

If ever there was a year that Bill drafts a WR in the first round, this could be that year. At minimum, he assumes the snaps of The CP Experiment...

...Besides, all of the top 6 DEs were taken by 32, so I feel a lot better taking Jaylon Ferguson at 56 than I would've felt at 32.

I was tempted to choose QB Ryan Finley at 134 but decided instead to gamble on the high-ceiling, small-school CB Corey Ballentine...I'm also gambling that SD State TE Kahale Warring is the next Russ Francis.

Naturally, many of these players will be drafted earlier than I was able to draft them here, but hey a fella can dream, can't he?

EDIT: Sorry I thought the results, and not just a link, would show in the post...I wonder if FanSpeak has removed that option...or is it just me...

Got you covered.

Pretty nice mix of positions and some solid value. I wouldn't complain! :cool:

upload_2019-3-28_11-57-2.png

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes