PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 Combine

I’m not sure I agree. Purely because many teams view him as an early down guy only, I can see him falling. I hope so because shy of the two Iowa TEs, Lawrence will probably be my first pick for our first pick.

Agree. Highly doubtful one of those 2 te’s drop after their workouts this weekend. Just think if Lawrence gets close they should make a small move to go get him. Big guys that can bullrush, stop the run and move like he can are rare, especially where the Pats pick every year. Seems disruptive, would of loved to see him in the Cotton Bowl vs Alabama.

Don’t understand Boykin. Had a hard time getting away from people. Then has a great combine. Runs a 4.42 with a really good cone and a solid shuttle

As they say. It's about game speed more so than 40 times. Boykin could be the kind of guy that just loses a lot once he puts the pads on.

As they say. It's about game speed more so than 40 times. Boykin could be the kind of guy that just loses a lot once he puts the pads on.

He's got the tools to work with, but he isn't very advanced with the nuances of route running, so he tips off the corner too early in his route. I'd love to see him develop, but if we draft a rookie, then he needs to be more game ready -- Brady probably only has 3 or 4 years left, realistically. That's why I prefer Morgan, Ridley, Jennings, Mitchell, etc.

Not sold on Tillery's consistency down to down -- he needs to add some strength and improve his base and pad level -- but boy is he explosive. When he's on a roll he's a great pass rusher. He posted one of the top all time DT athletic profiles.

Tillery might be a good add on day 2 if they decide to wait on DT. Didn’t realize he played the last 8 games with a torn labrum.

He's got the tools to work with, but he isn't very advanced with the nuances of route running, so he tips off the corner too early in his route. I'd love to see him develop, but if we draft a rookie, then he needs to be more game ready -- Brady probably only has 3 or 4 years left, realistically. That's why I prefer Morgan, Ridley, Jennings, Mitchell, etc.

Exactly, not a good sign. IMO

If Lawrence is available at 32, then a bunch of teams have not done their homework.

However if Simmons of miss state is available at 32, we need to not trade back and take him.

Any predictions for today? I'm all in on the JoeJuan Williams hype train. I think he tests his way into the 1st round.

Good time for Greedy Williams, surprised at that. 4.38

Joejuan Williams 4.65

Big split in times for baker 4.53 - 4.63

J. McCourty 4.30
Jones 4.33
Crossen 4.33
Gilmore 4.38
Jackson 4.46
Dawson 4.46

The CB group seems slow so far. Surprised Baker/Murphy/Ya-Sin are all 4.5+.

Forty times for these CBS aren’t particularly bad but they’re not especially inspiring either. Hopefully there’s some good 3-cones to come.

Although, arguably the two weaker groups at this combine, RB and CB are two positions we don’t have major needs.

NB - Height adjusted speed scores might make this group better.

I’m convinced someone has miscopied Hamp Cheevers’ Name down wrong and that it should be Champ Heevers.

Greedy Williams is the only guy I’d be comfortable taking in the first.

Any predictions for today? I'm all in on the JoeJuan Williams hype train. I think he tests his way into the 1st round.

Not looking good for him so far. Thought he could run in the 4.5 range. He played very well against Boykin, Lodge, and Metcalf. Tough start to the day for Williams.

Forty times for these CBS aren’t particularly bad but they’re not especially inspiring either. Hopefully there’s some good 3-cones to come.

Although, arguably the two weaker groups at this combine, RB and CB are two positions we don’t have major needs.

NB - Height adjusted speed scores might make this group better.

Dean carrying on JJones Auburn speed legacy at least.

Greedy Williams is destined to league the league in INT’s, but get absolutely abused in coverage on slant routes when he misses the break on the ball.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back