PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 Combine

darkhorse for the annual 2nd round DB

Now that J-Mac has re-signed, it's much less of a priority. But Long would be the CB I want if we were to draft one early-ish.

But I think it more likely that if we were to draft a DB in the 2nd, it would be a safety. Rapp, Chauncey-Gardner, Hooker.

Re Justin Layme

The more first round CBs that go, the better.

I could definitely see us taking a safety at 32 but definitely 56. But I don't know how they see Dawson - could he take on a Harmon type safety role? It seems there will be a number of good ones available to us at 32, which isn't necessarily the case with all positions.

Safety depends on where they see Duke Dawson to be and his best fit. Not sure what and if they will draft the standard DB in the second round

Safety depends on where they see Duke Dawson to be and his best fit. Not sure what and if they will draft the standard DB in the second round
Although I prefer Dawson as a FS, it appears he'll be a slot CB here (at first)

Although I prefer Dawson as a FS, it appears he'll be a slot CB here (at first)

Why do you feel he'll be a slot corner first? They've been using Jones and Crossen there. I think that Dawson's lack of playing time is specifically because they have Harmon and McCourty at FS currently. It's going to be interesting to see what the Pats do with him.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back