PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Days 4 & 5 (7/29-30/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think trading for Trent Brown, we got a steal!

Ohhh and my insider who broke the edelman suspension before everyone else just told me that the Patriots are keeping an eye on Giants QB Davis Webb.
With the Giants drafting Lauletta, Davis could be #3 on their depth chart.If so, it might not cost as much if they opt to trade for him... Pats will likely see him up close in 4th preseason game....

I hope so. But if that’s the case, why did the 49ers give up on him? They’re not the Browns; Lynch and Shanahan seem to know what they’re doing.

There were some attitude problems, inconsistencies IIRC, could be scheme (although he moves well) in any case they long decided they will move on and had a big crush on McGlinchey.

A year early is usually a winning MO and a win win trade for both parties (despite Ealy case last yr) since the traded player has a lot on the line coming to a new place in contract year which normally helps overcoming possible character issues.. If that new place is Dante's inferno you have to be extremely shortsighted not to make the best to your abilities to grasp the opportunity..

Competing for LT position should extra motivate him as well (being RT in SF) boosting his price tag dramatically if he does well..

The talent on their roster is deeper than 2 years ago. Yes, they’ve been drafting in high positions, but that doesn’t always translate - like Cleveland.

If they traded him due to scheme differences then fine, I just don’t recall hearing that during the draft.

The knock on Brown was his effort and to a lesser degree his run blocking. For all we know, both could end up biting the Patriots later. The return looks good at this premature stage however.

People forgot how solder played last year. I thought he played very well. Trent Brown has a lot to prove.

If Trent Brown holds the Edge better than Nate Solder against Elite DE's Brady will win the MVP by weeks 5. Brady will be playing catch with the League if he has that Left side T/G combo of Brown/Wynn.

I hope so. But if that’s the case, why did the 49ers give up on him? They’re not the Browns; Lynch and Shanahan seem to know what they’re doing.
What tells you lynch and shanahan know what they are doing?

If Trent Brown holds the Edge better than Nate Solder against Elite DE's Brady will win the MVP by weeks 5. Brady will be playing catch with the League if he has that Left side T/G combo of Brown/Wynn.

Let’s hope for an incredibly succesful year for TB12, but please no MVP.

Let’s hope for an incredibly succesful year for TB12, but please no MVP.

Kurt Warner won MVP and the SB less than two decades ago. It's not an either or scenario, even if there's been a recent string of losses.

If they traded him due to scheme differences then fine, I just don’t recall hearing that during the draft.

I'm trying to think of someone in the local or national sports media aside from Reiss and Chatham who would be paying attention to "scheme differences" during the draft. Or even know what "scheme differences" are or why they might matter.

I’d call that money poorly spent.

Probably true, but The Market is what it is.

If the Pats don't want to pay Brown what he'll get on the open market, they're probably going to need to pay Shelton and/or Valentine and/or Guy, AND get another guy or two like Brown into the pipeline next draft.

Kurt Warner won MVP and the SB less than two decades ago. It's not an either or scenario, even if there's been a recent string of losses.

Right, and it’s been a curse ever since.

I think trading for Trent Brown, we got a steal!

Ohhh and my insider who broke the edelman suspension before everyone else just told me that the Patriots are keeping an eye on Giants QB Davis Webb.
This is interesting to me. I was a really big fan of Davis Webb back during the 2017 draft. I would think it would have to be a trade. I don't think they'll cut him (he was a 3rd round pick only a year ago).

What I like about Webb, besides the obvious (had a great year his senior year at Cal), is he has great confidence in his abilities, not ****y, just a confidence that's noticeable. Saw an interview before the 2017 draft, and Webb was on my radar after that.

Malcom Brown is a dime a dozen space eating DT. I thought he was a little more he's not disruptive from the position like Akiem Hicks wish we had kept him.

Last edited:
Right, and it’s been a curse ever since.

jiFfM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft