PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 is going to be a fun year

Status
Not open for further replies.

bormio

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Brady was quoted as saying he just wants football to be fun again. The last few years have seen success but have been hellish too. 2014 - no SB win in 10 years going in, dreadful start. 2015 - Deflategate. 2016 - Deflategate and his mother’s cancer. 2017 - Hunted as the champ with huge expectations, the Jimmy G situation, the TB12 mess and the SB fiasco. Most of that BS is gone now, and if the Pats are smart, they will bury the TB12 hatchet. Butler and his contract are gone. Jimmy G is in SF. The pressures of defending are now in Philly. The McCourty twins are together - they have always wanted to play on the same team. Should bring a good vibe. I think out of the mess that last year became, we are going to have a calmer atmosphere around the team this year. I think they will have more “fun” and play even better. (But JE11 and High better be healthy).

Brady was quoted as saying he just wants football to be fun again. The last few years have seen success but have been hellish too. 2014 - no SB win in 10 years going in, dreadful start. 2015 - Deflategate. 2016 - Deflategate and his mother’s cancer. 2017 - Hunted as the champ with huge expectations, the Jimmy G situation, the TB12 mess and the SB fiasco. Most of that BS is gone now, and if the Pats are smart, they will bury the TB12 hatchet. Butler and his contract are gone. Jimmy G is in SF. The pressures of defending are now in Philly. The McCourty twins are together - they have always wanted to play on the same team. Should bring a good vibe. I think out of the mess that last year became, we are going to have a calmer atmosphere around the team this year. I think they will have more “fun” and play even better. (But JE11 and High better be healthy).
It won't be fun if Solder's replacement turns out to be a turnstile.

Fun? FUN? Are you crazy? With the Patriots, winning should be taken for granted as something expected and losing is painfully intolerable. There's no room for "fun" here. :confused:o_O

But..but..but the “new young drafted QB” will be in Brady’s head & they’ll be a new QB controversy ALL SEASON LONG & Gronk’s heart might not be “all-in” with football since he’s considered retirement :rolleyes::D

Its amazing to me how all the sudden Gronk and Brady are complaining about having fun. Its like damn Gronk you party damn near all year long, and Bill has yet to ever call you out Publicly about it. Tom with the way your wife is fed up with football and your family structure, you may need to take time and get your marriage together. I say Trade Gronk while he is healthy enough to warrant a 1st round pick and more. Be done with the headache .He's not happy so bye bye... have fun losing with another organization. Bill got screwed by Kraft having to trade Garrapol0, Tom is being an azz now. Patriots are at Brady mercy at QB now and Brady knows it, that's why he's acting out with the Tom vs Time, all the tweeting. Its really time to move on from both, I rather do a full rebuild than watch the team stay in headlines over egos.

giardi might say the players are miserable, but BB was forced to unload his future QB.......so he's probably more pi$$ed than anyone

If BB is pissed about having to trade JG, he needs to take his own advice. He’s gone .... turn the page.

I would say a challenging year. They will win this crappy division but idk if they're super bowl favorites. A lot of players have left and will the defense improve?

There is going to be Nothing Whatsoever "fun" about the 2018 season, especially as long as Bill is around to **** it all up, again.

Last edited:
I think 2017 was fun, all year, after a 2-2 start, 13-2 the rest of the way, until the game 1 Patriot’s D showed up again. But despite all the devastating injuries, there were major ones, Pats gave us a great year.

Fun?

Yea so much fun I’ve got a case of malox

If BB is pissed about having to trade JG, he needs to take his own advice. He’s gone .... turn the page.

having the boss interfere with your personnel decisions when you supposedly have 100% control can put a damper on things

as for turning the page........I'm sure he will at some point

It will be similiar to the last 7 unless Brady get seriously hurt.

Its amazing to me how all the sudden Gronk and Brady are complaining about having fun. Its like damn Gronk you party damn near all year long, and Bill has yet to ever call you out Publicly about it. Tom with the way your wife is fed up with football and your family structure, you may need to take time and get your marriage together. I say Trade Gronk while he is healthy enough to warrant a 1st round pick and more. Be done with the headache .He's not happy so bye bye... have fun losing with another organization. Bill got screwed by Kraft having to trade Garrapol0, Tom is being an azz now. Patriots are at Brady mercy at QB now and Brady knows it, that's why he's acting out with the Tom vs Time, all the tweeting. Its really time to move on from both, I rather do a full rebuild than watch the team stay in headlines over egos.
never go full ******

I think 2017 was fun, all year, after a 2-2 start, 13-2 the rest of the way, until the game 1 Patriot’s D showed up again. But despite all the devastating injuries, there were major ones, Pats gave us a great year.
there were some great games - i love blowouts and we had a few - oakland, new orleans, Tennessee playoff game, and the Denver game, and some incredibly exciting wins - pittsburgh, jacksonville, and houston....but that SB just takes it all away. it still hurts.

That stretch from the prime time sunday win vs atlanta in the fog through the 23-3 trouncing of buffalo away was some of the best collective football they played in a long time.

There is going to be Nothing Whatsoever "fun" about the 2018 season, especially as long as Bill is around to **** it all up, again.
Yeah that damn belichick. This franchise has been a disaster since he was hired. Should have gone with dom capers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing