PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Baseball Playoffs: ALCS, Red Sox vs Astros

What a great time to be a Boston Sports fan... City of Champions.

Oh, goodie! This thread is still up. The Astros should know better than to try beating Boston at cheating. Eliminated by a shutout performance by David Price? The Astros just became the Ruh-Rohs.

ruh-roh_new-340x190.jpg

Is Verlander a Manning brother?

Called ball on the slider to JD screwed him.

At least he goes home to Kate Upton (even though her tummy is the size of a basketball,)

Nah, Verlander and his stare are miles apart from those two cornballs. He earned my respect a long time ago. Kudos to Devers for making him pay with a 3 run homer that turned a 1-0 game into winning the pennant.

Devers has the fastest hands I've seen at the plate in a long time. He was all over Verlander's fastballs right from the beginning. It took him a while but once he got the feel, it was over.

Price pitching the team into the world series has absolved himself of any and all sins incurred up to this point.

If I was a sore winner in the Boston media or a contrarian in the Houston media, I’d be pointing out today that the Astros lost 4 straight games (including 3 in a row at home) after their team employee was removed for “spying.” Prior to that, Houston had swept Cleveland and won game 1 in Boston.

I don't have an issue with the results of MLB's investigation and someone actually making this a story would diminish what the Red Sox accomplished. Still, if a team was getting an advantage outside the rules, you would expect to see a downturn in their performance after that practice was stopped. You would not expect a team to, say, dominate the league for another decade after losing that "advantage."

I wonder if the Sox swept their Houston clubhouse for bugs.

Called ball on the slider to JD screwed him.

At least he goes home to Kate Upton (even though her tummy is the size of a basketball,)

They lost by 3. Devers homer was the difference, not JD's.

Had (that radio station that wont be mentioned) on in the car yesterday and they were saying that an excuse was used for the person in question as, "He was making sure that Boston wasn't cheating!"

Was it Eric Mangini they caught near the Boston dugout?

Had (that radio station that wont be mentioned) on in the car yesterday and they were saying that an excuse was used for the person in question as, "He was making sure that Boston wasn't cheating!"

Was it Eric Mangini they caught near the Boston dugout?

Such a ballsy excuse.

"What were you doing in that bank vault at 2am, sir?"

"I was making sure no one else was robbing it."

1-0 when cheating

0-4 when not cheating

Not sure what to take away from this, but it's interesting to say the least.

If I was a sore winner in the Boston media or a contrarian in the Houston media, I’d be pointing out today that the Astros lost 4 straight games (including 3 in a row at home) after their team employee was removed for “spying.” Prior to that, Houston had swept Cleveland and won game 1 in Boston.

I don't have an issue with the results of MLB's investigation and someone actually making this a story would diminish what the Red Sox accomplished. Still, if a team was getting an advantage outside the rules, you would expect to see a downturn in their performance after that practice was stopped. You would not expect a team to, say, dominate the league for another decade after losing that "advantage."

I remember on the old ESPN board there were numerous trolls which really believed that the Patriots were a 2 win team after Spygate.

After they stomped the Chargers most disappeared and the few that remained said sorry for doubting you. LOL

1-0 when cheating

0-4 when not cheating

Not sure what to take away from this, but it's interesting to say the least.
15-7 when cheating, 0-4 when not

The Sox beat them three straight games in Houston (after removing their employee) hmmmm. One begins to wonder if they were getting some sort of advantage from cheating...

Such a ballsy excuse.

"What were you doing in that bank vault at 2am, sir?"

"I was making sure no one else was robbing it."
Ding, ding, ding.......

The Sox beat them three straight games in Houston (after removing their employee) hmmmm. One begins to wonder if they were getting some sort of advantage from cheating...

But should fans honestly be surprised that the team that might go down as the greatest in Red Sox franchise history was able to win 3 straight in Houston?

Which of the 3 games against Cleveland were the Astros supposed to lose? And game 1 @ Boston was 3-2 going into the 9th inning before a couple HRs.

I think the sample size is too small to assume the Astros won because of cheating.

But should fans honestly be surprised that the team that might go down as the greatest in Red Sox franchise history was able to win 3 straight in Houston?

Which of the 3 games against Cleveland were the Astros supposed to lose? And game 1 @ Boston was 3-2 going into the 9th inning before a couple HRs.

I think the sample size is too small to assume the Astros won because of cheating.

I think (or hope) that most of these reactions are half-satire at how people reacted to the Patriots scandals, and not actual opinions. Sign stealing in baseball has been a part of the game since the signs themselves were invented.

I think (or hope) that most of these reactions are half-satire at how people reacted to the Patriots scandals, and not actual opinions. Sign stealing in baseball has been a part of the game since the signs themselves were invented.
it's not about sign stealing. it's about using technology to do it. that's the issue.

15-7 when cheating, 0-4 when not

As Sicilian said, I really hope this is satire. Otherwise, you, a Pats fan, just implied another team's past success was all because of cheating. After Spygate, the level of irony in this is astounding.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back