PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Baseball Playoffs: ALCS, Red Sox vs Astros

As Sicilian said, I really hope this is satire. Otherwise, you, a Pats fan, just implied another team's past success was all because of cheating. After Spygate, the level of irony in this is astounding.
One never knows on the internet

Damn, that's sound hauntingly familiar!

Reading articles online will give you the same feeling.

They've taken one known and extrapolated it into multiple assumptions supported by anonymous sources which, as we know, will quickly become truths.

The Sox won so it's easy to not worry about it . Haha

Gets a little salty in here too: Worst part about this series.
Loved this comment
TheRealist137 said:
Those smug Boston fans get to enjoy an elite MLB team (likely WS winner this year), an elite NFL team (modern dynasty), and a elite NBA team that's young and on the rise. It must feel real nice to be a boston sports fans. I'd rub it in too.
I'm am old enough ( 45 years old when they finally won in '04 having suffered thru '67,'75', '78 and f'n '86) that I appreciate the championships and savor every one....
Same goes for Pats and the lean years in the 70's and 80's ( 2-14, 1-15, Fairbanks bailing, Gray and Hannah holding out, a preseason game that left a defense in a MASH unit , a stadium more appropriate for the MAC conference and ownership who banked on a Michael Jackson concert tour and went belly up as well as Patriot Missiles and sexual harassment of a reporter) Patsies were the original dysfunctional team that divisional opponents penciled in for 2 victories a year.. If I'm smug it's because I have seen the lean years...........Like 35 years between Bruins' Stanley Cups and a slew of Celtic coaches that would have caused Red to roll over in his grave during the lean years of the 90 and 00s...with the next Larry Bird dying of a drug overdose the day after the draft and a budding superstar falling to cardiac problems. There was a 15 year period ( 1986-2000) where the teams appeared more starcrossed than successful and a local star ( Ray Borque) had to get traded to get a chance at a championship.....
Maybe members of Boston Sports Nation are smug, so what we earned it.... If they can't take a joke ( you know how that one ends)

Loved this comment

I'm am old enough ( 45 years old when they finally won in '04 having suffered thru '67,'75', '78 and f'n '86) that I appreciate the championships and savor every one....
Same goes for Pats and the lean years in the 70's and 80's ( 2-14, 1-15, Fairbanks bailing, Gray and Hannah holding out, a preseason game that left a defense in a MASH unit , a stadium more appropriate for the MAC conference and ownership who banked on a Michael Jackson concert tour and went belly up as well as Patriot Missiles and sexual harassment of a reporter) Patsies were the original dysfunctional team that divisional opponents penciled in for 2 victories a year.. If I'm smug it's because I have seen the lean years...........Like 35 years between Bruins' Stanley Cups and a slew of Celtic coaches that would have caused Red to roll over in his grave during the lean years of the 90 and 00s...with the next Larry Bird dying of a drug overdose the day after the draft and a budding superstar falling to cardiac problems. There was a 15 year period ( 1986-2000) where the teams appeared more starcrossed than successful and a local star ( Ray Borque) had to get traded to get a chance at a championship.....
Maybe members of Boston Sports Nation are smug, so what we earned it.... If they can't take a joke ( you know how that one ends)
Preach on! The Sox and Bruins especially took years off my life I swear. Throwing up my dinner with an unopened bottle of champagne in ‘86.

Preach on! The Sox and Bruins especially took years off my life I swear. Throwing up my dinner with an unopened bottle of champagne in ‘86.
The cold champagne in the fridge can come back to bite you in the ass. I experienced it firsthand with our 2007 team. A David Tyree helmet catch later, and Don Shula’s knocking at my door at 10:00 in the evening, demanding that I hand the bottle over.

At least he goes home to Kate Upton (even though her tummy is the size of a basketball,)
I would lay my head upon that basketball every night. She looks freaking adorable, right now.

The Astros, who represent astronomy and space travel, have a domed stadium that’s closed off to the sky.

I would lay my head upon that basketball every night. She looks freaking adorable, right now.
If it's a boy I bet it can already hit 88mph on the gun

The Astros, who represent astronomy and space travel, have a domed stadium that’s closed off to the sky.
giphy.gif

Yes but I think it messed with JVs belief in the strike zone.
Verlamder had 24 consecutive shut out innings in elimination games before yesterday. I doubt one HR rattled him. Sox deserve credit for beating a guy who was almost unbeatable without trying to make excuses.

As an Astros fan, I'd say most of the people I know are more than happy to give up the starlight for air conditioning when it's summer in southeast Texas.

Verlamder had 24 consecutive shut out innings in elimination games before yesterday. I doubt one HR rattled him. Sox deserve credit for beating a guy who was almost unbeatable without trying to make excuses.
It was the pitch. Not the HR

Dodgers are pronounced “Doyers” out here in LA.

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back