PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

I believe the NHL assigned Chris Rooney to tonight's game....that should bottle up anything the Bs may get sucked into....given his history with the Bs.

Also seeing rumors that TB12 was going to be the Honorary captain with the flag in the stands and Bettman said absolutely not.
Absolutely not as in it was never happening or absolutely not as in he won't allow it?

Yeah we used to heat our new blades over the stove too, though I didn't bend mine to the extent my brother did. He was a Bobby Orr man and played left-handed defense, while I was an Esposito man and played left-handed centre, though I gradually switched from left-handed shooting to my more-natural right-handed shooting...but I loved the back-handed shot, which is far more effective on a straight blade, so my blade curve was never really pronounced.

Whenever we did see other kids with seriously-curved blades, they reminded us of one of Esposito's linemates at the time, Ken Hodge. Talk about a curve...his had to be only barely legal...and you're right, those shots that kids would take with them used to go all over the place.
As a fmr (in my youth) defensemen in the late 70s to mid 80s I used the same stick as Ray Bourque. Sherwood, closed face, square toe, same lie angle, same curve. Both he and Orr used a mid-length stick as well.

Absolutely not as in it was never happening or absolutely not as in he won't allow it?

The latter.

If what is being talked about on the Bruins HF board is accurate, the Bs were going to have TB12 being the Honorary Flag person and Bettman squashed it because it has to be "hockey related".

If true, not sure how Jules slipped through.

The latter.

If what is being talked about on the Bruins HF board is accurate, the Bs were going to have TB12 being the Honorary Flag person and Bettman squashed it because it has to be "hockey related".

If true, not sure how Jules slipped through.
Kinda dumb for a couple reasons.. IMO the team should be able to use who they want, for whatever reason.. and it's Tom freaking Brady, injecting a little TB12 into your Stanley Cup Finals seems like a no brainer to me.

Kinda dumb for a couple reasons.. IMO the team should be able to use who they want, for whatever reason.. and it's Tom freaking Brady, injecting a little TB12 into your Stanley Cup Finals seems like a no brainer to me.

I would agree. Why would the NHL care? But its Bettman we are talking about, the dude is literally boo'd everywhere he goes.

Further, Boston's run in the last 20 years has been a "city/region wide thing". It transcends a single team or sport. If the NHL can't understand that then they are simply more tone deaf than I give them credit for.

I believe the NHL assigned Chris Rooney to tonight's game....that should bottle up anything the Bs may get sucked into....given his history with the Bs.

Also seeing rumors that TB12 was going to be the Honorary captain with the flag in the stands and Bettman said absolutely not.
Bettman is a complete idiot.

He should partner with the NFL in every way possible.

Bettman is a complete idiot.

He should partner with the NFL in every way possible.

That he is.

I will never understand how the major leagues in this country/continent choose the leaders they do. Only the NBA has it right in my opinion; in terms of a Commissioner who balances the financial aspects of their league with leveraging a more modern fan base's consumption of their product.

I’m up here today for the game with my son and am listening to your Felger and Mazz on the drive in. Am I hallucinating? They are complaining about how overplayed the Krug hit play has been the past two days and are spending the entire first hour of their show complaining about how over discussed it is. How do you folks take these clowns seriously? :p:p:p

I’m up here today for the game with my son and am listening to your Felger and Mazz on the drive in. Am I hallucinating? They are complaining about how overplayed the Krug hit play has been the past two days and are spending the entire first hour of their show complaining about how over discussed it is. How do you folks take these clowns seriously? :p:p:p
Easy answer: we don't.

Orr makes more sense in a Game 7 from my seat.

TB12
Ortiz
Orr

In some order makes sense.
Same birdie told me Papi and Orr get the other 2 games. Not sure on order other than the birdie said TB12 in 7.

That he is.

I will never understand how the major leagues in this country/continent choose the leaders they do. Only the NBA has it right in my opinion; in terms of a Commissioner who balances the financial aspects of their league with leveraging a more modern fan base's consumption of their product.

Silver's as bad as any of them. There's not a Commissioner who's even decent in baseball/hockey/football/basketball.

It's brutal.

That he is.

Me neither. I think they could have done better but I mean....in the broader view, while he is STILL a complete idiot, he actually hasn't been a complete failure. For example, when he took over in 1993, league revenues were $400m. Now they are $4.5b. There is a cap. They have expanded. He did learn a few things under Stern when he was at the NBA but he is no Silver. I think their officiating and marketing still sucks but the problem is they are the 4th most popular North American sport and will never reach the popularity of the other 3.

Silver's as bad as any of them. There's not a Commissioner who's even decent in baseball/hockey/football/basketball.

I would argue Silver is in tune with what the consumers of his product want from it far more so than NFL/MLB/NHL. He has taken on the gambling topic and the addressing the draft lottery. and doesn't chase fans online about posting clips of the games. Fans seem to trust him....and I say that as someone who literally wouldn't notice if the NBA got nuked this afternoon.

The only "controversial" thing he as done is got rid of that fossil Sterling....and from my seat there is nothing all that controversial about tearing down a racist.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back