PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

Me neither. I think they could have done better but I mean....in the broader view, while he is STILL a complete idiot, he actually hasn't been a complete failure. For example, when he took over in 1993, league revenues were $400m. Now they are $4.5b. There is a cap. They have expanded. He did learn a few things under Stern when he was at the NBA but he is no Silver. I think their officiating and marketing still sucks but the problem is they are the 4th most popular North American sport and will never reach the popularity of the other 3.

He needs to realize their product is a niche product. It is never going to be the other 3 like you said. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Keep a great on ice product, find a way to make sure the best players expose it, don't be stupid with your expansion markets (really, how many times does Atlanta need to fail as a pro sports city? And they had two hockey teams?!) Forget the South. Expand/go back to the North - Seattle (coming) and Quebec.

I would argue Silver is in tune with what the consumers of his product want from it far more so than NFL/MLB/NHL. He has taken on the gambling topic and the addressing the draft lottery. and doesn't chase fans online about posting clips of the games. Fans seem to trust him....and I say that as someone who literally wouldn't notice if the NBA got nuked this afternoon.

The only "controversial" thing he as done is got rid of that fossil Sterling....and from my seat there is nothing all that controversial about tearing down a racist.

Getting rid of Sterling was an abomination of an act, and your being comfortable with that happening is something you should do some soul searching over. But that's for another forum. So...

Silver is responsible for the current CBA, which is awful. The power it's given the elite players is all out of proportion with both what's good for the game and what the fans want.

I've always joked about this scene in relation to the joke sports media has become.

Its dead on and explains a good portion of the F&M success.

Put two jackasses on the air waves who will troll the local teams and then:

1. Fire up the fans enough to listen and call it.
2. Employ your call screeners to filter out the vast majority of intelligent discussion to leave only the yahoos making it through
3. Troll the fans for being yahoos
4. Rinse Repeat.

Last edited:
He needs to realize their product is a niche product. It is never going to be the other 3 like you said. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Keep a great on ice product, find a way to keep the making sure the best players expose it, don't be stupid with your expansion markets (really, how many times does Atlanta need to fail as a pro sports city? And they had two hockey teams?!) Forget the South. Expand/go back to the North - Seattle (coming) and Quebec.

Moving back to MN and Winny were good moves.

Agree on Quebec.

Getting rid of Sterling was an abomination of an act, and your being comfortable with that happening is something you should do some soul searching over. But that's for another forum. So...

Oh I am quite comfortable with my position on it and need such soul searching. Then again, I paid different prices for goods and dealt with near daily personal security issues as a result of my race (vis a vis the local population where I lived). You're free to disagree, but you aren't going to change my mind on that specific "topic".

Silver is responsible for the current CBA, which is awful. The power it's given the elite players is all out of proportion with both what's good for the game and what the fans want.

The ratings for series that "super teams" are in seem to be just fine.

Again, I'm not a consumer, but it seems like the only people who hate the super teams are the fans of teams that don't quite have one.

Oh I am quite comfortable with my position on it and need such soul searching. Then again, I paid different prices for goods and dealt with near daily personal security issues as a result of my race (vis a vis the local population where I lived). You're free to disagree, but you aren't going to change my mind on that specific "topic".

Then we really have nothing to talk about. I don't deal with people who think "tolerance" is a one way street.

Then we really have nothing to talk about. I don't deal with people who think "tolerance" is a one way street.

That's certainly your prerogative and I wish you well.

While I am a very tolerant person, I have no tolerance for the intolerant. Paradox of tolerance and all of that.

Good day DI.

That's certainly your prerogative and I wish you well.

While I am a very tolerant person, I have no tolerance for the intolerant. Paradox of tolerance and all of that.

That's not tolerance, at all. It's precisely the opposite, and it makes at least as bad as those you decry, because you can plainly see your hypocrisy.

So we're done. If you weren't a mod, I'd use ignore. Since I can't, I'll ask that you don't quote me unless I mistakenly quote you (or it's something mod related, obviously).

That's not tolerance, at all. It's precisely the opposite, and it makes at least as bad as those you decry, because you can plainly see your hypocrisy.

So we're done. If you weren't a mod, I'd use ignore. Since I can't, I'll ask that you don't quote me unless I mistakenly quote you (or it's something mod related, obviously).

I'm not a Mod DI.

I was a mod on the defunct PoFo in its dying months. My request 2.5 years ago when I resigned to remove the feature "from my account" was never acted on.

I’m up here today for the game with my son and am listening to your Felger and Mazz on the drive in. Am I hallucinating? They are complaining about how overplayed the Krug hit play has been the past two days and are spending the entire first hour of their show complaining about how over discussed it is. How do you folks take these clowns seriously? :p:p:p
it's pathetic. You think felger and spaz are bad. Listen from 10 to 2. then when you are done with that. Turn on the tv and watch the Boston sports network from 6pm on. the programming is unwatchable. There are no words to describe how bad it is. best sports teams in the world. And the worst local sports media on the planet.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

I'm not a Mod DI.

I was a mod on the defunct PoFo in its dying months. My request 2.5 years ago when I resigned to remove the feature "from my account" was never acted on.

Well it still doesn't allow me to put you on ignore, so I'll still have to ask that you don't quote me unless I mistakenly quote you. Obviously, I can't force that.

Well it still doesn't allow me to put you on ignore, so I'll still have to ask that you don't quote me unless I mistakenly quote you. Obviously, I can't force that.

You got it, no problem at all.

As a fmr (in my youth) defensemen in the late 70s to mid 80s I used the same stick as Ray Bourque. Sherwood, closed face, square toe, same lie angle, same curve. Both he and Orr used a mid-length stick as well.
I was a Sherwood stick guy too, tried the aluminum shaft for about a 1/2 season and then went to Montreal's because they were much lighter, but still had good rigidity for shots.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back