PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Training Camp - Day 2 (7/28/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus really needs to tone his edge down. Not doing himself any favors.

Meh. Some guys need to do that stuff to play their best.

If he plays well so be it.

If he sucks then hell get cut

Just started reading the thread today and couldn't pass up this Giardi comment.

IMO, Giardi was once a decent reporter who evidently decided that in this market there was only room for one Mike Reiss type reporter. Like so many, he has come to realize that the Minnehan/Felger model was the way to get more radio and TV time, so he has taken that road.

The irony here is that that the newest "snark" on the scene is calling our BB for being a snark to the media. For Giardi, he knows that he's got a least a years run with the Brady/JG story line, and more likely more. Not a bad job if you can get it. He'll be getting paid well for telling the same story hundreds of different ways :rolleyes:

Now BB is now at such a point where we all look at what he does in his pressers as akin to a loved grandfather who gets cranky and impatient. In other words he can get away with it.....NOW. But don't forget how it was in the early days when frauds like Borges tried to discredit the Pats in every article he wrote....and still does those rare times he gets a chance. Juar look at how the Sox are getting hammered. Their "crime". They DARED to talk back. Now its constant articles about how the Sox "insulted" them, and how "unlikeable" they are, and lately going to back to how Pedroia is a bad guy for the Manchado thing that happened in freakin April.

Just ranting. ;). Now back to the tread.

I liked the rant. Mirrored my feelings. Also love what Pedroia said today. Love it when athletes fight back.

Sure, but how confident are you that he is not another Kenbrell Thompkins, Sudfeld, Tyms or Derby ? Confident enough to cut a clutch performer like Dola ?
No idea. But I believe every guy in camp has a nonzero chance of making the roster. Some more likely than others of course, but Carr has a nice resume. Lot can happen between now and Sept. We will be surprised by something.

I liked the rant. Mirrored my feelings. Also love what Pedroia said today. Love it when athletes fight back.
I like it, too. The unfortunate fact is that the media response will be a combination of denigrating and ridiculing Pedroia from the studios, not the dressing room, where they're snug and warm and don't have to face the object of their scorn face to face. They're gutless *****es.

I like it, too. The unfortunate fact is that the media response will be a combination of denigrating and ridiculing Pedroia from the studios, not the dressing room, where they're snug and warm and don't have to face the object of their scorn face to face. They're gutless *****es.

Holley gave Pedroia credit for speaking up but did question his actions over the season which I think is fair.

Didn't listen to anyone else's take.

I have a hard time buying into a story written by CHB. His perspective is ****. Turning molehills into mountains of garbage is his specialty.

So although what've heard sounds like a pretty bad clubhouse problem I know that all the rhetoric originated with a CHB story.

Holley gave Pedroia credit for speaking up but did question his actions over the season which I think is fair.

I have a hard time buying into a story written by CHB. His perspective is ****. Turning molehills into mountains of garbage is his specialty.

So although what've heard sounds like a pretty bad clubhouse problem I know that all the rhetoric originated with a CHB story.
I've had email exchanges with CHB and he actually responded a couple of years ago to a message I sent him with a phone call, and it was a pleasant conversation. Shank has been a troll his entire career. He was a troll before troll was a word. I've seen people suggest that Shank is a Red Sox suck up and I just giggle at that. Shank is, and has been for decades, a non-discriminatory **** head troll for all of our teams. For sure, he does have special bone-on for Kraft and the Patriots which goes back to the breakfast snub in the late '90s. On the plus side, CHB always, ALWAYS, will go into the locker rooms and face the music and those who he has blind-sided. That separates him from cowards like Felger. Shank is a first-class cheap-shot ***hole, but he's got balls. But, he's also a bigot who has always had a "thing" about Latin players. He character assassinated Ortiz, Pedro Martinez and others with rumor and innuendo, carefully walking a fine line. Bottom line? He's a colossal ***hole.

Another nice piece on Rowe by Price:
Rowe making case in race for third CB spot

quote:

... after practice on Friday, Rowe certainly sounded open to the idea, saying that he’s been “studying the slot role” and remains open to the possibility.

“I’m trying to be more versatile so I can go inside or out,” Rowe said. “In the spring, I kept telling the coaches, ‘Hey, I got the cornerback spot’ — not like I got it down 100 percent, but — ‘I [have] a much better understanding, you know? I’m studying the slot role. Try me out.’ They threw me in and I had a little bit of success. So it’s not like a focus focus, but for me, I’m trying to learn all the spots.”

“I feel like I have a lot to grow,” Rowe said. “I feel like even coming into the league, I’m still behind in cornerback experience because I only had one year in college compared to usual corners. … So I feel like I have a lot of room to grow. Obviously I’m getting a lot better understanding of the position, kind of reading receivers’ body language.”

What a stupid trade by Philly. :D
For as intelligent and as seasoned in FO ops Mr law degree stat geek wonk Howie Roseman is, he still is being overpowered, outsmarted and outmeneuvered by football centric GMs like BB and Elway on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Heh, how could I not.
I think you are not paying attention to the fact that Price is enabled by Farrell who is undermined by Dombrowski. Accountability is for behavior and performance is absent.

Pedroia's behavior earlier this year was also pathetic.

Ramirez is another.

So...when you say get over it, I don't take offense but I ask you to consider the fact accountability is lacking in this organization and it's become endemic in that clubhouse which is not conducive to winning consistently

I think you are not paying attention to the fact that Price is enabled by Farrell who is undermined by Dombrowski. Accountability is for behavior and performance is absent.

Pedroia's behavior earlier this year was also pathetic.

Ramirez is another.

So...when you say get over it, I don't take offense but I ask you to consider the fact accountability is lacking in this organization and it's become endemic in that clubhouse which is not conducive to winning consistently

Oh, sure, it is a mess...but get over it. Patriots football is here.

FWIW, the roster lists both at 6'1", and Carr at 195 vs. Mitchell's 200.

Weight fluctuates, though, and I don't trust the weights listed on patriots.com, anyway.

They had Wilfork's weight listed at 325 from his rookie season through his last one.

nice audio from one of the early standouts - Eric Rowe
it's his first TC in NE so pretty exciting to monitor his progress

one interesting thing he said there . going vs Cooks outside helps him re the slot bc usually this kind of guys play in the slot a lot..

Eric Rowe 7/28: 'I'm starting to understand more about the position'
It must be VERY frustating for Eagle fans to see, first, Chung and now, Rowe, come over here for virtually nothing and make key contributions. #The Power of Good Coaching.

The story had been reported in pretty fair detail before the CHB got to it. His biggest contribution was the details that Price blocked the aisle of the plane while berating Eck (for the temerity to utter the word 'yuck' when confronted with the horrible stat line from a Rdoriguez rehab start in Pawtucket) and to do it twice, once when they were boarding, and again during the flight.

Meh. Some guys need to do that stuff to play their best.

If he plays well so be it.

If he sucks then hell get cut

Speaking of...found this incredible tidbit from a Facebook page from a guy who was at camp today...so grain of salt...

Some dude shouted "holy crap Cyrus caught something" after practicing interceptions and Cyrus actually turned around, pointed at the guy and started clapping sarcastically. I was more shocked that Cyrus heard it. And then when I saw him clap, I was secretly hoping bill saw it and would trade him to the Browns.

“For whatever people say from the outside — ‘We don’t have a leader’ — I’m standing right here,” he said. “I’ve been here for a long time. We’re in first place. That’s it.

“Write what you guys want. Here I am. See anybody else standing here doing this? Do you? Nope. That’s a fact. There’s your source. From the mouth.”

There's nothing to like in that statement. A true/better clubhouse leader would have been out in front of this, not trying to limit the damage a month too late and, even then, only after allowing it to fester for a few more days once the fans heard the details. Buckley's take on pretty much everything rings as a lot more of a leader's words than that garbage Pedroia was spouting.

And you're not in first place anymore, Dustin. Maybe you would be, if your team was mentally tough enough not to have your $30m pitcher go tough guy about the word "yuck" following a terrible rehab start.

If you're the leader, lead.
A lot more grinding.
A lot less whining.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back