PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 . Trade Deadline . thread

Ideal Trade Target for Each NFL Team

This has Arizona listed for Jimmy G let’s say we do this in this off season. I wonder if BB would trade Jimmy there if the pick is 8-12 area. Sign a back for Brady the next 2-3 years and use the Arizona pick on a qb will trading out from 32 (I said it)
Use 8-12 on a defensive stud, trade 32 back to the second, add a future 1, and take a qb there (with the 2nd)

Have you ever seen a wr you didn’t want?
A few I didn’t like (didn’t jump on the Martavis Bryant bandwagon this week), I like tall red zone targets to throw fade patterns to. Not saying he’s Julio Jones, but look at what a tall receiver can do to a 5’10” corner.

For a 6th or 7th round pick, why the hell not, worth the risk.

A few I didn’t like (didn’t jump on the Martavis Bryant bandwagon this week), I like tall red zone targets to throw fade patterns to. Not saying he’s Julio Jones, but look at what a tall receiver can do to a 5’10” corner.

Why not? Because we have better players at the position.

You never know, but they will need to create 2 roster slots for IR returns already. I am not expecting any trades.

You never know, but they will need to create 2 roster slots for IR returns already. I am not expecting any trades.

Two thoughts here:

1. Someone has noted that, unlike previous years, since the start of the season, they basically haven't made a single move on the 53 other than replacing players placed on IR.

2. At least one of those two slots is probably occupied right now by Trevor Reilly.

Two thoughts here:

1. Someone has noted that, unlike previous years, since the start of the season, they basically haven't made a single move on the 53 other than replacing players placed on IR.

2. At least one of those two slots is probably occupied right now by Trevor Reilly.
They still have to make 2 more moves to bring back 2 IR players (McClellin, Valentine). They moved Langi to NFI for Reilly.

Last edited:

Pittsburgh’s window is literally this season. They are not going to trade away anyone to their chief competition for the afc crown.

I hope you don't mind but lets keep it about 2017 TRADE DEADLINE here . otherwise this thread gets derailed with Jimmy back and forths . and there are plenty threads about that..

I don’t think Garrapolo going anywhere in season. No 3rd QB and Brady is taking a beating. This is a Super Bowl caliber team and he will try to upgrade without degrading this team, so he will deal picks for player’s.

Pittsburgh’s window is literally this season. They are not going to trade away anyone to their chief competition for the afc crown.

Agree completely, Roethlisberger is going to call it quits after this season.

EDIT: Interesting take by Lombardi before this news:

“ the way to guarantee yourself to not be (immediately) traded is to ask to be traded. Bc what happens is if you do that and the club trades Bryant now f.e. - it looks like they gave in to his demands.. So now the rest of the locker room anytime they're upset they start screeming they want to be traded. So now even if you want to trade the guy you can't bc this will create chaos in your locker room..“

of course its a PIT locker room so..

Great move by the Steelers, well deserved.

Why not? Because we have better players at the position.
Is Mitchell coming back this year ? Or is Dorsett his replacement ? We had Edelman, Hogan, Amendola and Mitchell last year. This year Cooks, Hogan, Amendola & Dorsett. Mitchell was definitely more involved than Dorsett, can we upgrade the #4 slot ? Not sure Dorsett is better than Inman. He certainly wasn’t better than Inman in 2016. Inman was better than Dorsett in 2015 too. Inman has played 8 more games, and basically has twice as many catches and three times as many TDs.

So yeah, why not. So far in their careers, Dorsett has not been better than Inman.

Is Mitchell coming back this year ? Or is Dorsett his replacement ? We had Edelman, Hogan, Amendola and Mitchell last year. This year Cooks, Hogan, Amendola & Dorsett. Mitchell was definitely more involved than Dorsett, can we upgrade the #4 slot ? Not sure Dorsett is better than Inman. He certainly wasn’t better than Inman in 2016. Inman was better than Dorsett in 2015 too. Inman has played 8 more games, and basically has twice as many catches and three times as many TDs.

So yeah, why not. So far in their careers, Dorsett has not been better than Inman.
Wr catches are very dependent upon opportunity, system,role and qb so I would be careful judging a wr only on stats without context.

I don’t see the sense in getting rid of a wr4 who has silent 2 months learning the system and reportedly is doing fine to bring in a guy who would have to learn the system and isn’t an appreciable obvious upgrade.

Wr catches are very dependent upon opportunity, system,role and qb so I would be careful judging a wr only on stats without context.

I don’t see the sense in getting rid of a wr4 who has silent 2 months learning the system and reportedly is doing fine to bring in a guy who would have to learn the system and isn’t an appreciable obvious upgrade.
We’ll have to agree to disagree.

So...linebackers. Any suggestions?

Just throwing some names out there:
Mychal Kendriks, Eagles
Jake Ryan, Packers
Junoir Galette, Skins
Jonathan Casillas, Giants
Derrik Morgan, Titans
Anthony Chikillo, Steelers

So...linebackers. Any suggestions?

As as always.. more scheme-ing and moving parts. Difficult to pull of any move that gives you a real difference maker at this point of the season without getting ripped off.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back