PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 . Trade Deadline . thread

I think Miller would eventually be pretty good in this offense, but the Texans aren't bailing out on that experiment just yet. I'm much more interested to see if they can try to pry Beasley out of Dallas.

JE II - Cole Beasley the Cowboys WR's numbers are down as a whole. Pretty low numbers for Beasley at this time. On Braxton Miller we have seen converted players like him flame out numerous times...glad we didn't draft him.

The problem w Loyko . while he has his data well kept and wide spread . he doesn't think through before he tweets most of the time.

While I personally see no need for Kikaha . he was always productive pass rusher DESPITE his “slowwwness“ and despite spring knee issues had a couple of good games (also vs NE)..

I dont know he nailed a couple of trades in past years around the trade deadline but also offseason. So he has some credit when it comes to all of that.. with me at least.

On Braxton Miller we have seen converted players like him flame out numerous times...glad we didn't draft him.

It is all a question of value. If we had gotten him on day 3 he would have been a great pick. For what the Texans spend on him he is most definitely not. I think he would develop here better than there.

I didnt realize that they were phasing him out just based on the condensed games I have been watching of them. Interesting..

I wouldn't mind a Phillip Dorsett straight up for Cole Beasley. Dorsett would help them in the stretch the field department and Cole Beasley would help us inside the numbers...nice catch Kontra.

McCourty has been their best player all year. Zero chance they trade him. He's enjoying a career renaissance.
The Browns almost traded Joe Thomas a few years ago, so I’m not seeing why anybody on that roster would be off limits. It has become clear that they’re a lot further from competing than they thought a few months ago, so it seems like a good opportunity to sell high on McCourty and get a longer term asset in return.

It is all a question of value. If we had gotten him on day 3 he would have been a great pick. For what the Texans spend on him he is most definitely not. I think he would develop here better than there.

I agree with what you said but at the time of his Draft many were projecting just way too high. I hate when Teams drafts projects in the Second Round.

I wouldn't mind a Phillip Dorsett straight up for Cole Beasley. Dorsett would help them in the stretch the field department and Cole Beasley would help us inside the numbers...nice catch Kontra.
It would probably still take Dorsett and a pick to get him out of Dallas. Just a guess.

Larry Fitzgerald, Adam Seward, and Connor Barwin

OK, now that is out of the way......

I think if they can get something for Dorsett, they should take it. I don't see anyone trading a pass rusher.

That is not going to happen.

Would love Kikaha of Junior Galette.

Here are 2 trades the Pats could make.

Trade away - Dwayne Allen - Carolina - Pats are unlikely to play them again for 4 more years. Allen doesn't seem to be working out here but could work there. Carolina needs a TE with Olson going down and being older. This would be a trade for a TE under a decent contract for a few years so Carolina would need to give up something for a multi year guy. I think he works better their than here to be honest. The asking price would be a 4th imo due to the multi year nature of it. Maybe you only get a 5th though. As for the Pats I think they would do better with more Jacob Hollister or just getting another #2 TE. His contract may seem a little high at first glance but considering what most starting TEs go for (and he is that in the right system) it is pretty good.

Trade for - Aaron Lynch DE - SF - He is a good size DE (6'6 270) with some pass rush skill. SF has a lot of talent in front of him right now so would be willing to let him walk if they could get a 6th or 7th I think. Also worth noting this is his last year so very possible to happen. I am not aware how well he plays to edge to be totally honest but he got good pressure his first 2 years before getting injured his 3rd. He is only 24 so if they get him here and like him he is an option to be signed to another contract if they think he can grow into something more integral than a sub rusher.

Some sort of fast, experienced LB that could cover RB's out of the backfield would be nice. Might depend on Hightower's and Shea McClellin's injury status.

I'm not sure I know of any of those who aren't locked up to significant long-term contracts. It's a tough position to find.

Beasley is intriguing.

Is Dallas trying to dump him because they have Switzer?

Protects the team if DA goes down.

Can handle punts and kickoffs.

Trade away - Dwayne Allen -

:confused: Sorry BD: but I stopped reading right there... why would any NFL Team even with Blind GM Trade for Goose Eggs Galore Dwayne Allen??:confused:

Last edited:
Beasley is intriguing.

Is Dallas trying to dump him because they have Switzer?

Protects the team if DA goes down.

Can handle punts and kickoffs.

The only WR situation I'd trade for at this point is a future quick, tough Edelperson successor, whomever that could be. That profile necessarily includes PR capability. KRs are not a concern as we have options there and it's becoming a lost part of the game.

Much more interested in an available OT, OLB/DE or TE2.

Good luck with any of these.

On the real though I am not advocating Trading Phillip Dorsett. I think his ceiling is somewhere between Hogan and Cooks that would give us a solid outside receiver either way. That's in line with the fact that we suck at Drafting them...WR's that is.

Last edited:
Realistically I think Dorsett's ceiling is Hogan. I'm not down on the guy but he just hasn't delivered.

I don't claim to have my finger on the pulse of Dallas but I highly doubt they'd move Beasley. Maybe for a 2nd rounder.

Oh lord how I'd love to be wrong.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back