PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Practice Squad (and visits & workouts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
and thats the best confirmation of all

Anyone else find it surprising that the Pats practice has started and we still don't know who the other 4 PS players are?
I think the reported list to date is

RB DJ Foster
WR Cody Hollister
OG Ted Karras
OG James Ferentz
DE Geneo Grissom
LB Trevor Bates
DB David Jones
DB Damarion's Travis

So that's eight of ten, right?

must say BB found good replacements in Bademosi and Marsh for Mingo . in colest name category..

The first time he (legally) blows up a returner, the name "Bademosi" morphs into "Badesmofo".

I didn't care for Jones, I liked Travis much better

Jones is basically still rehabbing. He has the highest ceiling of all udfas IMO. Very versatile too (all DB positions + return game). Great character.

One of the players I wanted here most. So glad he actually made it here, hope he sticks around till he's able to show his best..

In case you haven't watched it:

I think the reported list to date is

RB DJ Foster
WR Cody Hollister
OG Ted Karras
OG James Ferentz
DE Geneo Grissom
LB Trevor Bates
DB David Jones
DB Damarion's Travis

So that's eight of ten, right?

Correct. I just updated the original post, too! :)

Jones is basically still rehabbing. He has the highest ceiling of all udfas IMO. Very versatile too (all DB positions + return game). Great character.

One of the players I wanted here most. So glad he actually made it here, hope he sticks around till he's able to show his best..

In case you haven't watched it:

I wholeheartedly agree. If he gets healthy, shows improvement, and accepts the coaching he could be an absolute beast. I don't pound the table often but this guy is one I believe could be special.

Last edited:
strangely enough Dorian Johnson still available . if BB doesn't bring him now while keeping new pet Ferentz Captain's gonna lose it..

Signing players off a practice squad isn't like making a waiver claim. A team has to make an offer to a player on a PS, and the player has the right to refuse that offer and stay put. If Karras makes it to the Pats PS, I'm guessing that the Pats will pay him at the same rate he'd earn if he was on the 53-man to try to prevent him from being lured away by another team.
He looked good this TC and preseason. I guess he projects as only an inside guy and that's why the Pats kept someone like Fleming over him. The outside positions are paper thin at the moment. Solder and Cannon must stay healthy.

He looked good this TC and preseason. I guess he projects as only an inside guy and that's why the Pats kept someone like Fleming over him. The outside positions are paper thin at the moment. Solder and Cannon must stay healthy.
Don't we have the same OT's as last year?

With Travis and Jones on the PS, I'd rather have Grissom than Richards on the 53. he's a better special teamer.

Maybe we should pin this for next year, when we once again get the inevitable posts about how Pats fans vastly overrate their camp fodder and nobody else will want them.

Why? It's true.. every year we hear stories about how it is a mistake to cut some player and yet it rarely ends up mattering. If you ignore LeBlanc then who was the last released udfa that really contributed anywhere?

Even KGH was a bubble player for the Eagles and mostly a ST option. Roberts really was not that much of a loss.

With Travis and Jones on the PS, I'd rather have Grissom than Richards on the 53. he's a better special teamer.

Agree but without Richards the depth at safety is truly non-existent.

Gotta be a scrap pile safety better than Richards. S...L...O...w...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back