PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 NFL Combine Thread

Day 2 afterthought:

3 of the best football players of this class could be heading south of 1st round: Allen (injury reported chronic), Foster (disappointing size), Hooker (out 4-6 months). The possibility they could get within BB's reach is certainly becoming less of a fantasy..

If that happens give me those 2 Cleveland second rounders and get Howard/Leggett, Foster, Hooker with our first 3 picks.

No Derek Barnett today according to Adam Schefter. He's sick.

Some background on Foster incident below. Far from deal breaker for most GMs but this combined with previous ? of his injury status and ? of his durability in NFL due to his size/playing style + surprising undersized measurements yesterday - all combined could certainly shake up his draft stock considerably. And that would considerably impact the whole draft - especially the thin ILB position. Teams are in need of LBs. Right now 5 could go in top 30 (Foster, Cunningham, Reddick, Davis, Watt). Suddenly McMillan who has least ? could leapfrog well in to the first round if he does well today .. and somehow I wouldn't like that..
__

From Schefter:
NFL officials are reviewing the procedures that contributed to Alabama LB Reuben Foster getting into a "heated altercation" with a hospital worker to see if they can make improvements and ensure it doesn't happen again, per league sources. Another league source said there was a "miscommunication" that allowed the argument between Foster and a hospital worker to escalate. Foster had been waiting for an extended period for what the NFL calls his "pre-exam", when he grew increasingly impatient and began questioning a hospital worker. The hosptial worker did not take kindly to Fosters words and eventually the two were face to face, in a heated exchange. Other players were there at the time and the NFL is questioning them to get a full account of events. But one league source said the league has to review the procedures and create better communication so that players understand what is happening and why there are delays. Foster is a potential top 10 pick and one executive from team said last night he thought, coming into the combine, that "Foster was a legitimate top 3 pick."

Not the biggest but the weight is good.

Speedy Noil says he's going to vertical jump 48" fwiw. Which would be :eek: . I've heard him talked about as a CB convert.

Speaking of hands, anyone else notice that only 6 WRs had hand sizes 10 inches or greater. Also there were 7 with hand sizes UNDER 9 inches..

Also really like Nico Siragusa's numbers. Could be a surprise interior pickup:

• 6'4"HEIGHT
  • 33 1/2"ARM LENGTH
  • 319LBS.WEIGHT
  • 10 5/8"HANDS
  • 5.35 SEC
  • 28 REPS
  • 32.0 INCH
  • 110.0 INCH
  • 7.71 SEC
  • 4.56 SEC

He related to Tony Siragusa?

to be fair, they also have a huge need at RB/ Slot WR/ Returner. All of which Mccaff could do. But i think he gets drafted before Broncos pick at 20.

True, but the Broncos released Okung who was supposed to give them 3-4 years after they released Clady. They don't have a starting LT and OT isn't exactly a loaded area in free agency.. And with Ryan Harris of the Steelers retiring, that's another team that needs one.

Day 2 afterthought:

3 of the best football players of this class could be heading south of 1st round: Allen (injury reported chronic), Foster (disappointing size), Hooker (out 4-6 months). The possibility they could get within BB's reach is certainly becoming less of a fantasy..

With Foster being sent home do to the scuffle at the hospital (who the hell gets into it at the hospital) he probably just cost himself a few mill and the likelihood of being drafted by the Pats..

He related to Tony Siragusa?

No, but it seems he gets asked that a lot. The NFL.com profile even leads off with a discussion of his name. Interesting prospect in his own right.

Id be very suprised if foster fell out of the top 20 on the argument alone. We all get in arguments

At 6'0 and 229, Foster would need to play like Lavonte David to be a 1st round pick..

At 6'0 and 229, Foster would need to play like Lavonte David to be a 1st round pick..

I think he's better than David, but the entitled attitude doesn't sit too well with me.

This might b where Saban steps in n provides support. The guy has tremendous creed with coaches, n right now Foster will need every ounce of it

Between Foster getting sent home, Allens shoulders, and Tim Williams weigh in (244?!?) , yesterday couldn't have gone much worse for Bama unless Cam Robinson packed a suitcase full of meth.

If he going to do anything that James White and Dion Lewis won't? His big plays almost always have excellent blocking or when he's wide open in space.

He's Danny Woodhead 2.0, a nice complimentary piece but definitely not a 1st round pick.

With his combine numbers he is Woodhead + Edelman.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back