PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 NFL Combine Thread

Day 2 afterthought:

3 of the best football players of this class could be heading south of 1st round: Allen (injury reported chronic), Foster (disappointing size), Hooker (out 4-6 months). The possibility they could get within BB's reach is certainly becoming less of a fantasy..

Marquel Lee measured in at 6'3 #240. Way bigger than I expected. He's very similar to Zach Cunningham (they look very similar in frame, play speed, and penchant for missed tackles), but is projected to go in the 5th round range. Like Cunningham, I think he could be very good if he can learn to be more disciplined and not overrun plays.

Led his team in tackles. Had a monster game against Syracuse with 5.5 tackles for a loss, 2 sacks, and 15 total tackles. 98 tackles and 7.5 sacks on the year is very good for an inside linebacker. Leader of the defense, good blitzer, nice range in coverage. Might be a good fit here later in the draft. Needs some work, but has starter upside.

Day 2 afterthought:

3 of the best football players of this class could be heading south of 1st round: Allen (injury reported chronic), Foster (disappointing size), Hooker (out 4-6 months). The possibility they could get within BB's reach is certainly becoming less of a fantasy..

Give me Foster or Hooker.. Not to worried about Allen which is sad but think he can be disruptive. But Hooker and Foster are my standouts

just said that McCaffrey ran a 6.57 3-cone the second best time for a RB since 2003.

Praying for an issue to come up so he drops.. Can't he just go quickly say he hates every NFL team expect the pats and Brady is the goat?

Praying for an issue to come up so he drops.. Can't he just go quickly say he hates every NFL team expect the pats and Brady is the goat?

Very good chance he goes top 25 or even top 20 now. It will be funny if we picked him at 12. I get that most wouldn't like the move, and understand why, I'm not predicting it and there are guys I'd rank above McCaffrey at that pick. But I just have a sense McCaffrey can help this team in so many ways. Returner year one. Lewis backup. Future White Roster replacement. Amendola replacement? Can even do some of what Blount does. Personally I think he has tremendous roster value potentially. But, he almost certainly won't be there at 32.

Very good chance he goes top 25 or even top 20 now. It will be funny if we picked him at 12. I get that most wouldn't like the move, and understand why, I'm not predicting it and there are guys I'd rank above McCaffrey at that pick. But I just have a sense McCaffrey can help this team in so many ways. Returner year one. Lewis backup. Future White Roster replacement. Amendola replacement? Can even do some of what Blount does. Personally I think he has tremendous roster value potentially. But, he almost certainly won't be there at 32.
I said he wouldn't be there at 32 even before the combine. The guy is just a very good all around RB. Also ran a 4.48 at the Combine. GREAT hands, can split him out wide. Excellent vision as a RB, with excellent cutting ability. He is perfect for the Pats, that's why we won't get him lol.

Still like McDermott as an understudy to Solder:

• 6'8"HEIGHT
  • 34 3/4"ARM LENGTH
  • 307LBS.WEIGHT
  • 11"HAND
  • 5.18 SEC
  • 28.5 INCH
  • 105.0 INCH
  • 7.52 SEC
  • 4.58 SEC

I remain a huge fan of McDermott in our zone blocking scheme.

A few years back everybody had vollmer as a 5th rounder and bb took him the 2nd and that worked out fine.

I see McDermott the same way only bb will probably get him in the fifth.

I said he wouldn't be there at 32 even before the combine. The guy is just a very good all around RB. Also ran a 4.48 at the Combine. GREAT hands, can split him out wide. Excellent vision as a RB, with excellent cutting ability. He is perfect for the Pats, that's why we won't get him lol.

If he going to do anything that James White and Dion Lewis won't? His big plays almost always have excellent blocking or when he's wide open in space.

He's Danny Woodhead 2.0, a nice complimentary piece but definitely not a 1st round pick.

We better find you some anti-McCaffrey pills for Draft day..

This could have huge impact on the draft . not only him

We better find you some anti-McCaffrey pills for Draft day..

I think I'll be reconciled come draft day. I'll probably just be at the wistful and hopeful level of binkydom by then. Thing is, I think the arguments against taking him with the first round pick are pretty solid. But I'll also be excited for the future if we do take him. Considering the quality in this draft, I think the alternatives with the first round pick are pretty good.

Remember when this was the draft with the shaky Qbs and the can't miss RBs and defensive players?

Id be very suprised if foster fell out of the top 20 on the argument alone. We all get in arguments

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back