PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 NFL Combine Thread

No Chad Kelly either apparently.

Hey, I'm not invited ! o_O

No Magloire or Onwualu for your late round cover linebackers.

Strange omissions. Both are definitely getting drafted, Onwualu as high as the 5th.

No Magloire or Onwualu for your late round cover linebackers.

Strange omissions. Both are definitely getting drafted, Onwualu as high as the 5th.

Worth bearing in mind, only 15% of those drafted last year were non-combine invitees. That's about 38 draft picks.

Both late TE options Kittle and Shaheen in .. and probably rising.
I had Kittle as a perfect UDFA option..

Wise will rise.. Conner, John Johnson..

OT Storm Norton out .. is another guy I had for late rounds .. now maybe UDFA possibility..

OT Storm Norton out .. is another guy I had for late rounds .. now maybe UDFA possibility..

Wise is for sure getting drafted in the mid rounds. He's one of maybe 4-5 true elephant ends in this draft, and all the rest are going in the top 100.

Worth bearing in mind, only 15% of those drafted last year were non-combine invitees. That's about 38 draft picks.

I would guess missing the combine hurts underclassmen than it does guys like Onwualu, since he's been a known commodity for years.

I do feel for those kids that are having huge regrets this morning after not seeing their name listed. A harsh reality awaits many.

Wise is for sure getting drafted in the mid rounds. He's one of maybe 4-5 true elephant ends in this draft, and all the rest are going in the top 100.

He's a slow elephant end. Same with Noble Nwachaku.

He's a slow elephant end. Same with Noble Nwachaku.

He is that. Although, I am hoping for Jake Bequette-type combine, where the numbers are drastically different from the reality of the player.

I bet Bequette moved up 3 rounds based off his combine alone. Probably not happening with Wise ;)

I would be happy like a fox in a hen house if the Patriots double dipped came out with those Two Guys...Kittle is probably the best blocker at the TE position in the draft and Shaheen probably have the Highest ceiling of all the TE's...Gronk jr.:cool:

I would be happy like a fox in a hen house if the Patriots double dipped came out with those Two Guys...Kittle is probably the best blocker at the TE position in the draft and Shaheen probably have the Highest ceiling of all the TE's...Gronk jr.:cool:

I haven't been able to watch much of shaheen but do you really think his ceiling is higher than howard or njokus? Do you think his skills will translate from a small school and playing against lesser competition?

Nacho's Scouting Reports: George Kittle • r/NFL_Draft
George Kittle is one of the rare breeds of tight ends that can catch and block. Using good angles, leverage and violent hands, Kittle is a mauler off the line and still has versatility in the passing game with his athleticism and relieve hands. Decent route runner, but needs polishing. Struggles in pass protection and might be undersized in the league. Durability could be a question.

Just occurred to me that the interviews at the combine might be interesting vis a vis a Garropolo trade if they start interviewing players expected to go higher in the draft. Can't imagine BB would be that obvious but it might give us a hint.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back