PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 NFL Combine Thread

Good weight for Sharpe. Looks like he dropped nearly 20 pounds from his playing weight. That will help him immensely. He has all the tools, but is sometimes slow to redirect. I could see him being in play for us now if he can show improved agility.

David Sharpe
6-6 343 35 3/8

Snagged these from a different site. Some guys with real size and length.

Roderick Johnson:
6'7'', 298 lbs, 36" arms, 10 3/4" hands

Dorian Johnson :
6'5/300 lbs 35 1/4" arms and 10 7/8" hands

Cam Robinson:
6'6'', 322 lbs, 35 1/2" arm, 10 1/2" hands

Great job, reamer.
Looks like Roderick is sailing towards Day 1. Trimming down probably to improve against fast rushers..
Good for him, pity for a good rd3 option for us..

Great job, reamer.
Looks like Roderick is sailing towards Day 1. Trimming down probably to improve against fast rushers..
Good for him, pity for a good rd3 option for us..

Don't worry! You can join me on the Ugokwe bandwagon. :)

Some weights I've come across this morning:

Wayne Gallman: 215
Zach Banner: 353 (8 pounds less than Senior Bowl)
Garrett Bolles: 6'5 #297 34 arms
Pat Elflein: 6'3 #303 33 1/4 arms
Alvin Kamara: 214
Leonard Fournette: 240
Samaje Perine: 233
James Conner: 233
D'onta Foreman: 233
What are Toledo RB Kareem Hunt's numbers?

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw them on the link you provided. Thanks.

Davis at 6'3 #210 is great for his stock. Too bad the ankle injury will prevent him from running and doing drills. I think he's very athletic.

All the well known TEs are pretty big.

Bucky Hodges: 6'6, 257 lbs , 10 1/8 hands
David Njoku 6'4, 246 lbs, 10 hands
OJ Howard 6'5 3/4 251 lbs, 10 hands
Jake Butt: 6-5 1/2, 246 pounds, 10 inch hands
Adam Shaheen: 6-6 1/2, 278 pounds, 9 5/8 hands, 80 1/4 wingspan.

Good looking class.

Bucky Hodges whole thing was being this massive passing target.

He's now average size for a TE in this class. Should've come out last year.

I am also preparing to back track on my position on Shaheen. A Big Mac away from 280lbs, and might run low 4.6s??? There is no historical comparable to that. Zero.

If he runs under 4.7, I don't see him out of the top 50. I just didn't think he would end up measuring as large as he has. Thought for sure we were getting the classic Div2 game cut ups. Turns out that Giants are Giants, no matter what the competition.

This might be some kind of week for Shaheen.

Or he runs 4.9, and I delete this post.

I don't see explosion to his game. Nifty athlete, and could have a good career, but I'd bulk him up 20 pounds and try to make him a top tier LT. I just don't see separation on underneath routes when I watch his games. Yes, he can do well in jump ball situations downfield, but I'm skeptical. Of course, watch him blow away every testing number now that I've said this. :D

I don't see explosion to his game. Nifty athlete, and could have a good career, but I'd bulk him up 20 pounds and try to make him a top tier LT. I just don't see separation on underneath routes when I watch his games. Yes, he can do well in jump ball situations downfield, but I'm skeptical. Of course, watch him blow away every testing number now that I've said this. :D

I don't think he is an amazing athlete by any means, but the body positioning and jump ball potential is almost second to none.

I have said from the first time I saw his tapes that I thought he could be a Scott Chandler type player. That could end up being closer to his floor than his ceiling if he tests out well.

Still not convinced about the fit for us, but I'm intrigued as a football fan.

All the well known TEs are pretty big.

Bucky Hodges: 6'6, 257 lbs , 10 1/8 hands
David Njoku 6'4, 246 lbs, 10 hands
OJ Howard 6'5 3/4 251 lbs, 10 hands
Jake Butt: 6-5 1/2, 246 pounds, 10 inch hands
Adam Shaheen: 6-6 1/2, 278 pounds, 9 5/8 hands, 80 1/4 wingspan.

Good looking class.
What aboutt the numbers for the two smallest of the top TEs, Evan Ingram and Gerald Everett?

i have seen reports Shaheen coming to us in the second round.. in all honesty i think this is a wasted pick. I rate the guy, and think he will be good but he shouldn't be going that high. Early to mid 3rd round i think. He will need to learn an awful lot as the difference between 2nd div and NFL is huge, but then again the guy is massive!

I've only seen numbers for Engram, but he came in at 6'3 3/8 and #235. Fine for a move TE.

Thats good.. Last thing i saw was he was down as 6'2

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back