PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 NFL Combine Thread

Thanks Brother...Amara Darboh and Jehu Chesson are very fast. I am a Huge Fan of KD Cannon that boy is fast and gets good separation. One knock he has small hands but with his speed it won't matter.

Thanks Brother...Amara Darboh and Jehu Chesson are very fast. I am a Huge Fan of KD Cannon that boy is fast and gets good separation. One knock he has small hands but with his speed it won't matter.

It matters if he can't catch the ball from NFL QBs..

While I think the 40-time is a good indicator on how fast guys are, the thing i want to now is how fast are they in New England-kind weather when there are defenders about to hit you. This is why for me, things i see on tape are more important than those workouts. Let me remind you that Nick Caserio once said that James White looked like the next Ladanian Tomlinson without Pads on. For this first group Chris Godwin really stood out for me. A really good 40 and even more important, he was natural catching the ball away from his Body.

Last edited:
See that several guys have put up 1.54 in their 10-yard split.. That's pretty damn good.. And they are over 6'0..

Curious as to their 3 cones.

While I think the 40-time is a good indicator on how fast guys are, but the thing i want to now is how fast are they in New England-kind weather when there are defenders about to hit you. This is why for me, things i see on tape are more important than those workouts. Let me remind you that Nick Caserio once said that James White looked like the next Ladanian Tomlinson without Pads on. For this first group Chris Goodwin really stood out for me. A really good 40 and even more important, he was natural catching the ball away from his Body.

It's Godwin, not Goodwin.. But fair point otherwise.

Wow. Malik Hooker - Long Arms (for a non-lineman) at 33 1/4 and large hands at 10 3/4..

Josh Harvey-Clemons - 35 3/8" arms and 10 3/8" hands..

Wow. Malik Hooker - Long Arms (for a non-lineman) at 33 1/4 and large hands at 10 3/4..

Josh Harvey-Clemons - 35 3/8" arms and 10 3/8" hands..

Harvey-Clemons with the 5th longest reach among all defensive players. Only behind 4 Elephant defensive ends.

King's going to fall. Fine by me. BB loves midget CBs :D

Super happy with Godwin's workout. When I watched him against some of my favorite corners this year, he was very competitive. Great body control, good routes, can win contested catches, and he's an ornery, nasty blocker. He and Zay Jones have been back and forth in most of my mocks. I'd be happy with developing either one of them here. Godwin reminds me so much of Deandre Hopkins, though. In the right situation, he's going to be a superstar.

Super happy with Godwin's workout. When I watched him against some of my favorite corners this year, he was very competitive. Great body control, good routes, can win contested catches, and he's an ornery, nasty blocker. He and Zay Jones have been back and forth in most of my mocks. I'd be happy with developing either one of them here. Godwin reminds me so much of Deandre Hopkins, though. In the right situation, he's going to be a superstar.

Two very good 2nd round WRs. But I don't think we'll take a 2nd round WR.

Two very good 2nd round WRs. But I don't think we'll take a 2nd round WR.

We'll find out! :)

I love Hogan, Edelman, and Mitchell. Great group. If Amendola restructures and/or Floyd comes back, then I agree with you that we might take a shot late, but that's it. Otherwise, we need to bring in some depth and prepare for the future of our receiving corp.

In the mid-late rounds, I really like Tawan Taylor, Carlos Henderson, Amara Darboh, Stacey Coley, Josh Malone, and Mack Hollins. Darboh probably will go around the same range as Godwin and Jones. We'll see how it all shakes out. All I know is that this class is deep, talented, and diverse. Lots of options. Speaking of which, I have to go dig into tape on Robert Davis. Intriguing big guy.

Last edited:
There talking about Jimmy G to Cleveland for number 12 im talking 12 this year and a first next year would be the only way id consider trading the kid

I bet someone reaches for him in the second

John Ross can go home now. He will be a 1st round pick.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back