PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Minicamp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been numerous NFL HC's who have given their teams the last OTA practice off or done some other bonding team activity. I'll be very surprised if BB does the same. First it's not in his nature to squander a teaching opportunity, especially when he feels he doesn't get enough as it is. Secondly, I think he really wants to put a period on any thoughts that because they won the superbowl last year, they should feel any kind of entitlement at the start of this year.

Getting to the superbowl is an extremely long grind adding 5 additional weeks to the season. The superbowl hangover is a real thing, and coaching around that is just another thing that seems to separate BB from his peers.

That is just one of the reasons I think BB will run a hard practice today to send a final message to his players before they head off for then next unsupervised 5 weeks, that they still have a lot of work to do if they really want a chance to repeat.

The Captain doesn't leave you in doubt, does he?

How were you on Martellus Bennett this time last year, sir?

Dwayne Allen might already be a lost cause because of his being exposed to the Indy Clots disease for so long. I expect more from James O'Shaunessy than I do from this over-paid, ball-dropping stiff.

Agreed. Bill isnt here to make friends or make sure everyone's feelings dont get hurt.

Catch the ****in ball, block your ass off and he'll be your best friend.

The Captain doesn't leave you in doubt, does he?

How were you on Martellus Bennett this time last year, sir?
Martellus Bennett was already a proven commodity in the league at this time last year; Dwops Allen has already proven to the league that he sucks.

I know some didn't like the trade but I couldn't be happier. Cooks is legit. He's younger than John Ross (drafted top 10 Bengals), works the whole field and has talent coming out his ears.

Can beat you deep, take a bubble for 6 or gash a defense with crossers.

Hes the future. If anyone isn't that familiar with him get ready to be amazed.

I said weeks ago this is the best wr corp we had during the B&B era. They might be the best in the league when/if you count Gronk.

I know some didn't like the trade but I couldn't be happier. Cooks is legit. He's younger than John Ross (drafted top 10 Bengals), works the whole field and has talent coming out his ears.

Can beat you deep, take a bubble for 6 or gash a defense with crossers.

Hes the future. If anyone isn't that familiar with him get ready to be amazed.

I said weeks ago this is the best wr corp we had during the B&B era. They might be the best in the league when/if you count Gronk.

Be amazing if we can nab him long term, I know their gonna try but he's probably gonna want to know who the future QB is

Just for YOU, RakingBundlesSandy....

Be amazing if we can nab him long term, I know their gonna try but he's probably gonna want to know who the future QB is

I think he's one of the guys posting here that 2018 is the end of Brady

Not necessary, it was noted earlier that Chung is on 4 teams, and other starters are on multiple teams.

DEFENSIVE players, including some starters.

Special team snaps per game active:

Grissom, 22.7 - nominally defense
Ebner, 22.4 - nominally defense
Mingo, 20.2 - nominally defense
Jon Jones, 19.2 - nominally defense
BOLDEN, 18.9 - nominally OFFENSE
King, 18.7 - ZERO defensive snaps
SLATER, 17.4 - nominally OFFENSE
McClellin, 15.6 - defense, rotational
Richards, 13.7 - nominally defense
HARBOR, 13.0 - nominally OFFENSE (25 snaps in 3 games)
Chung, 12.6 - DEFENSIVE STARTER
Freeny, 9.8 - defense, rotational
Branch, 9.6 - DEFENSIVE STARTER
Develin, 9.4 - OFFENSE
McCourty, 8.9 - DEFENSIVE STARTER
Van Noy, 8.3 - DEFENSIVE STARTER
DERBY, 8.0 - nominally offense (35 snaps in 4 games)
Harmon, 7.8 - defense, rotational
Coleman, 6.5 - defensive rotational
LENGEL, 6.0 - OFFENSE

The rest of the offensive player who had significant ST snaps were OL, blocking for extra point and FG attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes