PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Draft Prospect Thread

Currently Howard, Budda Baker, Taco Charlton, Anthony Garcia or Haason Reddick top my list at 32 or with a trade back.

I'm curious have you watched Jackson, Obi and others yet?

I'd love OJ at 32. Big fan of Taco and Reddick as well

I'm curious have you watched Jackson, Obi and others yet?

I'd love OJ at 32. Big fan of Taco and Reddick as well

Planning to have a big session this weekend. Aiming for 50-100 prospects to watch, which is ambitious admittedly.

Just heard Fran Duffy say of Tennessee CB Cam Sutton that NO CB with sarms his length (29.25") has been drafted in the last 5 years. Ouch.

Check out @SportsGuyTweets's Tweet: out @TampaBayTre's Tweet: out @FanSportsClips's Tweet: out @SportsGuyTweets's Tweet: out @PFF_College's Tweet: out @Alexander1Great's Tweet: Shane Alexander on Twitter

Id hate to see Jimmy G leave.

But it would be easier to swallow if he brought Pats somebody like OJ or Foster.
This guys seem like the safest bet & class above competition at respective positions
that are big (developmental) needs and not too deep at this draft.

Check out @FanSportsClips's Tweet: out @BenFennell_NFL's Tweet: out @BenFennell_NFL's Tweet: out @TampaBayTre's Tweet: out @SportsGuyTweets's Tweet: out @SportsGuyTweets's Tweet: Steve Frederick on Twitter

Check out @LedyardNFLDraft's Tweet: out @Alexander1Great's Tweet: out @PFF_College's Tweet:

I think I mentioned him before. Fish Smithson from KU. He's getting a lil love.

Check out

@TampaBayTre's Tweet:

Check out @TampaBayTre's Tweet:

Check out @TampaBayTre's Tweet:

Check out @TampaBayTre's Tweet: https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/
824029343638781952?s=09

Check out @TampaBayTre's Tweet: out @TampaBayTre's Tweet: out @obiwankeNuby's Tweet: out @lifesyourcup's Tweet: out @Matty_OS's Tweet:

So does anyone know think joe mixon will be drafted? Someone will take a chance with him. Very talented player.

So does anyone know think joe mixon will be drafted? Someone will take a chance with him. Very talented player.

I think the NFL ultimately doesn't care but wants him to go later for obvious reasons.

Certain teams like the Pats won't touch him. Not even a slim chance.

Teams like Cinci, Dallas, Phila and LA would all be good fits just speaking football. Really don't want him n Zeke together, thats a nightmare.

Check out @NFLDrafter's Tweet: out @WurthDraft's Tweet: out @WurthDraft's Tweet:

I heard Kazee was up to 21 mph

Also heard Garrett hit 21+ in practice

I think the NFL ultimately doesn't care but wants him to go later for obvious reasons.

Certain teams like the Pats won't touch him. Not even a slim chance.

Teams like Cinci, Dallas, Phila and LA would all be good fits just speaking football. Really don't want him n Zeke together, thats a nightmare.

I am impressed by his receiving skills as a back.

Any thoughts on this guy?

the guy is a freak

He kindve gets lost in this draft class. He is a big back, but there are bigger and more powerful ones available. He gets overshadowed by mixon, which isn't really his fault.

Does have questionable vision, but he has an NFL skillset. Not a bad 5th round or beyond back

Cooper Kupp.... kid is a baller.

Don't know where to post stuff anymore. This is madness, madness I tell ya.

Here are some quotes from Waldman. I disagree w/ some but love hearing valid opinions and try to be 100% objective.

WR Fred Ross, Mississippi St: Getting to see Ross improve his route running before our eyes added value to his projection because he arrived to Mobile a reasonably sure-handed and athletic option.

Big Ross fan. Check him out if you haven't.

WR Ryan Switzer, UNC: He had a strong week as a route runner and reliable receiver, but with one exception—targets requiring a wide, but convertible catch radius. This also confirmed one of my concerns about Switzer’s upside.

Im torn on Switzer. Hes a short strider and I have similar concerns about his catch radius. Being 11's mini me isn't a good thing, literally, I mean.

WR Amara Darboh: I liked what he did against coverage a lot more than the routes he ran during drills. That can be interpreted as a positive, but Darboh wasn’t facing NFL defenders and the drills and instruction were based on what will be needed in the pros.

Give Darboh a QB and lets see if he can play. All indications point to yes imo. He wins and gets open.

TE Evan Engram, Ole Miss: The most consistent route runner and pass catcher at the position all week.

Eazy had a 1st rd grade from me for while. Binky. Crush. Its real.

TE O.J. Howard, Alabama: A false start penalty, multiple dropped passes, poor effort on a catch able target, and lining up with a stance that you’d think would have been addressed at Alabama were among the things that confirmed my concerns about Howard on tape. Howard is the most impressive athlete at the position in Mobile, but his approach to the game is a detriment to his ability.

Lil bit surprising but I haven't heard the greatest things coaching wise either. I also heard about him plucking balls out the air w/ 1 hand. Maybe on the sidelines, who knows.
OJ has more than enough tape to warrant a top 20 pick.

Last edited:
RB Kareem Hunt: I didn’t see much that was negative, but there weren’t enough reps to take away positives. I think any observations about his burst are rife with projection based on how observers liked Hunt on film before seeing him in Mobile. I’m sidestepping that potential trap.

WR Trent Taylor, Louisiana Tech: If you asked me before the Senior Bowl how I thought Taylor would fare, my answer was positive. I was excited to see him show a little more than his projected slot role and I thought he’d out-perform Ryan Switzer. Instead, Taylor failed to earn separation against press coverage and he made too many moves as a route runner, often faking himself out and missing the target. Eliminate some of the extra moves and there is enough talent for Taylor to become a slot option in the NFL. But he struggled mightily against press coverage and I need a few more games of study to project his upside.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back