PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Draft Prospect Thread

Guys, been doing a bit of my own draft research.

Samaje Perine RB.

I know running back may not be high priority, but this guy breaks tackles like hes playing with school kids. its scary. I cant find any footage of him catching out of the backfield, but the way the guy runs is violent, its like watching a tank run through people.

Well worth a watch.

The tackling of the CBs is one of my favourite things about the Pats and something I always look at when scouting cornerbacks.

Also, Antonio Garcia intrigues me as a potential Solder replacement. Excellent size at 6'6"-7", good athleticism and pretty nasty (finishes blocks). Need to watch a bit more though.

Finally got around to watching more Garcia. Sign me up! I like him considerably better than Bolles, Ramcyzk, or Robinson. Very athletic. Looks effortless mirroring. Great push in the run game. Looks to let his opponent know who is boss. Love it.

Finally got around to watching more Garcia. Sign me up! I like him considerably better than Bolles, Ramcyzk, or Robinson. Very athletic. Looks effortless mirroring. Great push in the run game. Looks to let his opponent know who is boss. Love it.

Yeah, I was really taken aback when I watched him. Have yet to watch Bolles. I know he's 25, but what's he like?

Check out @WurthDraft's Tweet:

Check out @WurthDraft's Tweet:

He def has a chance to be OT1 after the next week.

Yeah, I was really taken aback when I watched him. Have yet to watch Bolles. I know he's 25, but what's he like?

Mean dude w/ nasty in him. Great run blocker. Very nice athlete as he'll bend at the knees not the waist. Very nice feet. Can pull, lead. Seen him recover nicely against Takk, who is my #2 Rush guy rn.

Probably a great fit for ZB as he needs to get stronger overall to fit in a power scheme.

He def has a chance to be OT1 after the next week.

I loved Garcia's nastiness. Absolutely finishes and blocks to the whistle.

Garcia might very well be the number one T taken.

Bolles and Lamp both have been great but I think both could be monsters inside. You don't hear a lot about Bolles going to G but he'd be a beast and immediately make an impact there.

I also think he'd be a perfect fit for a Pittsburgh type team that runs a hybrid zone.

Cam has obvious issues.

RR might be a RT in the end? Crazy way to the NFL that kid had.

Kazee staying has me sad but watching Corn against UNC put a big ☺ on my face. Might be the best tackling performance by a CB all year. He was a missile in that game.

Not sure he has the hips Kazee does tho.

What about Chad Kelly in the 6th or 7th round? Guy would probably miss the whole season but hes got a big arm.

Someone explain to me why Holsey is not considered a borderline first round talent. I know about the ACL injuries. He's come back better than ever. He's 5'11 195, so he's not a smurf out there. Is it consistency concerns? I honestly don't know, but I see a guy who could slide right in if Ryan leaves in FA. Good player. Due to depth at corner this year, he's probably available in the third or fourth.

Hi All,

Just seen this Jourdan Lewis CB for Michigan.. Seems a very good player, cant find to much about him.

Anyone got any information about him?

Someone explain to me why Holsey is not considered a borderline first round talent. I know about the ACL injuries. He's come back better than ever. He's 5'11 195, so he's not a smurf out there. Is it consistency concerns? I honestly don't know, but I see a guy who could slide right in if Ryan leaves in FA. Good player. Due to depth at corner this year, he's probably available in the third or fourth.

Reams I'm waiting for medical to check out. On the radar but haven't watched anything yet.

Breon Borders might be a name you know?
Rn Id say hes better suited for a Steelers, Fins who play a lot of cover2/3.
He's just a heady player. Play reckless at times but also can really slow the game down when a play is to be made. Tipped ball, run support, subtle holding w/ his off hand.
From what Ive seen very willing and effective in run support. Very good size 6 and change/185.

Has to be tested against better comp in man in particular. Has to put a lil weight on. Some injuries last year.

Hi All,

Just seen this Jourdan Lewis CB for Michigan.. Seems a very good player, cant find to much about him.

Anyone got any information about him?

Lewis has been a favorite of mine and many others here.

Imho he's a day 1 starter in the slot. Plug and play there. He can use his strengths there w/out much risk. Great footwork, hips, aggressiveness and again thats perfect for the slot where he doesn't have to worry about bigger rec's, double moves etc.

Great at diagnosing a route. Extremely quick. Can trail, close and jump.

Hes small so it'll always be an issue. Type of player where people flip out in the game day thread. Love him after they realize how good he is and giving up a play here and there isn't the end all be all.
Run support will be an issue as he tries to wrap up low but hes willing.
Bigger, physical rec's will give him problems.

I'm gunna start a thread w/ rankings, big board and evals soon and get more in depth.

In short, no pun, hes a very safe pick.

Very rarely do a see just one player when comp someone. I see a mix and flashes of Butler, Bly and Scandrick in Lewis.

Well, @meatface my concern is that he's a meathead. ;)
Do you think that the coaches are going to have to spend too much time reamimng him out? Seriously though I know he is but maybe the pats can find a way to reach him

Do you think that the coaches are going to have to spend too much time reamimng him out? Seriously though I know he is but maybe the pats can find a way to reach him

He'll be udfa for a reason. Specifically he's just notch below headcase.

Def not questioning parenting but somethings off w/ him. Esp considering Kelly had to jave schooled him up and down.

This QB class is depressing.

He's got a solid arm for sure. I wouldn't count him out entirely, but I don't know if he's a fit for the kind of studious leader that the Patriots usually want.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back