PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Draft Prospect Thread

Found this comment on another forum:

Any of you gurus have thoughts on Northwestern's Dean Lowery? He was one of my girlfriend's best friend's in high school, and she has nothing but positive things to say about him - son of a judge, never partied, never went out, spent all his time studying and training, lives to play in the NFL. It looks like he'll go at the end of the 7th round or undrafted, but he seems like a Pats type player with a lot of smarts and good work ethic, and some decent size even if not a ton of athleticism.

I do like him as a late round guy.

Patriots Draft Discussion

Any more news on Dan Vitale? He's my super binkie and I did have a 'Vitale' in my pants when I heard Patriots were still showing interest.

Also, name escapes me but the Clemson WR who suffers from dropsies?

Whooooooooo. Let's go.

FOSTER
Height:5102
Weight:193
40 Yrd Dash:4.57
20 Yrd Dash:2.65
10 Yrd Dash:1.58

225 Lb. Bench Reps:14
Vertical Jump:35 1/2
Broad Jump:09'09"
20 Yrd Shuttle:4.07
3-Cone Drill:6.75

VEREEN
Height:5102
Weight:210
40 Yrd Dash:4.55
20 Yrd Dash:2.66
10 Yrd Dash:1.62
225 Lb. Bench Reps:31
Vertical Jump:34
Broad Jump:09'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle:4.28
3-Cone Drill:6.95

Very similar numbers, Foster clearly quicker but did it 17 pounds lighter. How they use him and how effective he is will be interesting for sure.

Lucien ,Foster and Mitchell... Hoping all 3 stick.

Lucien was a wicked under the radar talent.

Foster SHOULD push White out of the committee but way to early to make any bold predictions.

Really cool that two late round binkies of mine, Brandin Bryant (DT, FAU) and Frankie Williams (CB. Purdue) both got NFL jobs; Bryant as a Seahawks UDFA and Williams as a UDFA for the Colts.

Lucien ,Foster and Mitchell... Hoping all 3 stick.

Lucien was a wicked under the radar talent.

Foster SHOULD push White out of the committee but way to early to make any bold predictions.
Donald Brown will push White out. I'd guess Foster makes practice squad though. Lucien will be an
interesting follow. Difficult to see him on 53. Mitchell will make 53 and be a pleasant surprise. UGA's qb's were awful.

Donald Brown will push White out. I'd guess Foster makes practice squad though. Lucien will be an
interesting follow. Difficult to see him on 53. Mitchell will make 53 and be a pleasant surprise. UGA's qb's were awful.

I wonder if Lucien is Mitchell injury insurance. There was talk about Mitchell still feeling the effects of his injury at the Senior Bowl. Will he be 100% at season start? I hope so, but if not we have another receiver with a pretty similar skill set.

I wonder if Lucien is Mitchell injury insurance. There was talk about Mitchell still feeling the effects of his injury at the Senior Bowl. Will he be 100% at season start? I hope so, but if not we have another receiver with a pretty similar skill set.
What's Mitchell had since the ACL two years ago? I thought that was OK now?

What's Mitchell had since the ACL two years ago? I thought that was OK now?

There was still pre-draft talk about the injury. I'm sure it's nothing, it's just nice to have a similar receiver in Lucien as backup.

There were many other WRs better than Lucien still available.

Lucien maybe the steal of the draft. If he went to an offense that featured him more his first 3 years he may have been gone MUCH earlier.

Just started a very early look at prospects that are available in next years draft. There's a safety from Air Force called Weston Steelhammer. What an awesome name for a safety.

This might dampen some people's enthusiasm for him. . . . :p

CDDJ8CQVAAATz6z.jpg

I disagree. I think you are undervaluing Lucien. Out of interest, who are the better WRs?
Charone Peake, Kenny Lawler, Devin Cajuste (maybe more of an H-Back type), Keyarris Garrett,
and Mitch Matthews, off the top of my head.

And sorry for the very, very late response.

Charone Peake, Kenny Lawler, Devin Cajuste (maybe more of an H-Back type), Keyarris Garrett,
and Mitch Matthews, off the top of my head.

And sorry for the very, very late response.

I was really hoping for charone Peake. Guy was a top 10 recruit out of high school( I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure he was very sought after). I know he hasn't shown much at Clemson but injuries and playing behind all of the talent they had at receiver isn't easy to come back from. But seeing as how he was available late it might have been worth taking a shot on him late.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back