Your 2015 Rolling Draftnik Recap

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Welcome, Pats fans and draft fans, to PatsFanInVa’s annual rolling draftnik recap. By now, you know the drill, but let me spell it out for the teeming dozens who are enjoying their first RDR: It’s satire. I think that’s why it regularly gets moved by a mod to some kind of message board Cyberia, but follow the little arrow thing and check back regularly.

So what’s the annoying concept? I am a Pats Draftnik. I’ll have none of this “In Bill We Trust” nonsense, and for good reason. Don’t give me that rubbish about winning more than a quarter of the super bowls this century – what has Bill done for us lately? In the last five years, his Pats teams have only gone to it twice and only won once – so what if it happened to be last year? Hell, one year out of the last 5, the Pats weren’t even in the AFC championship game. Clearly, Bill needs my help.

See? Satire! So set aside your roid rage -- and I do mean hemorrhoids -- your Red Bull-Shlitz, and any other source of frothing addle-pated discontent… and enjoy your 2015 rolling draftnik recap!

Round 1, pick 32: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas. 6’2”, 319. I saw a great comment saying we sent an old DT to the Texans, and got a new DT from Texas. Reduce, re-use, recycle. Emphasis on reduce. Vince came out at a lean and mean (sic) 344 pounds from Miami. Whatever the program said, Vince’s true playing weight could not be printed economically without the use of exponents. He was so massive he had smaller defensive linemen orbiting him; he didn’t so much stuff the run, as runners fell into his gravity well. Don’t tell me Malcom Brown’s a young Vince. For one thing it sounds too much like Vince Young, and look how that turned out.

Upside: He fills a need at the Malco(l)m position, which was only one deep last year – though as it turns out, he was a pretty good one. Our depth at the Malco(l)m position might not rival our historical wealth of Brandon talent, but it’s nothing to sneeze at.

In college, did everything, because it was college. Stuffed the run. Rushed the passer. Pushed the pocket. When he felt like it, anyway. Downside: I haven’t seen a motor cut out like his since I bought into the Yugo craze in 1986. If you’re looking for consistency, look no further, because picking Malcom Brown means you’re legally blind in that department.

There’s a reason 31 other teams passed on him. Still, a little work in the weight room, a few slabs of ribs, a subcortical implant, a bundle of fiber optics, some actuators, and a joystick might make a Wilfork replacement out of him yet. Pats draftnik grade: C.

Round 2, pick 64: Jordan Richards, DB, Stanford. 5’11”, 221. Malcom Brown was suspect because he fell to us in the first. Jordan Richards is a reach because we picked him before anybody else. What else is new? Same old Belichick draft logic. If he’s not picking a guy too early because he shouldn’t have picked him at all, because everybody else knew something he didn’t, he’s picking a guy too early because nobody expected him to be picked that high, because everybody else knew something he didn’t.

Yay, another box safety who’s a liability in coverage. Has instincts that Darwin couldn’t explain, and not in a good way. Another few generations and this guy’s niche would be filled by a 200-pount flightless bird. If by chance he happens to be near the ball, he tends to grab it rather than knock it down, which I suppose can be nice at times, but when was the last time that won anybody anything?

Upside: Stanford pedigree means he actually had to study and was expected to have half a brain, or acquire it by osmosis. Drove 12 extra miles daily to avoid a $5 bridge toll. Sounds like he’ll understand the Pats’ compensation structure, and will be able to digest the playbook. Stanford coach says that Richards plays bigger the bigger the game is. Since we’re likely to be in some big games despite Belichick’s middling draft skills at least until the dawn of the Garoppolo (or whoever) era, I guess that “plays bigger” thing is good.

Old coach also says he’s never seen a tougher competitor, but who’s he measuring by? Zach Ertz? On the plus side, there seems to be some confusion about who the Stanford coach was. Ertz says Richards’ nickname was “Coach Richards,” for his understanding of the playbook and the program. Now if Richards just understood where he should be on the field, we might really have something. Pats draftnik grade: D-.

Round 3, pick 96: 111, 147, and something else from Cleveland. Edit: Seems like we got 101 from Tampa here? Or did we already have that? And we traded away a sixth or something, I dunno. Eisen got sort of hard to understand and it's all so confusing. Pats draftnik grade: B-, A if we got pick 101 in this deal too. I think.

Round 3, pick 97: Geneo Grissom, DE/LB, Oklahoma. 6’3”, 262. Quoth NFLN:“He’s an athlete, he’s versatile, and he’s smart. That fits New England.”

He’s also stiffer than John Holmes in his prime. Come on now Bill. Just because the guy can rush the passer and drop back in coverage and play tight end in a pinch doesn’t make him a good pick. Yes, he’s got muscles in places you and I don’t have places. Yes, he can set the edge. Yes, he’ll get to the quarterback if nobody gets in the way that he can’t bench-press. Yes, he’s a classic Patriots tweener, a DE in 4-3 and an OLB in the 3-4.

But he can be trapped by anybody with a game film to go by. Give him a yard and he’ll take it, whatever you’re leading him into. On the other hand, had a recently sprained MCL to sweeten the deal.

Geneo’s a project. Give a man a fish - say, Tannehill - and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats quarterbacks for breakfast on a weekly basis. Unless you decide to do something else with him… or he just can’t be taught.

Right now he’s at the “Geneo Smash!” level of football intelligence. Huh. Where have I heard that before…

Pats draftnik grade: Incomplete.

Round 4, pick 101:
Trey Flowers, DE, Arkansas, 6’2”, 266. Awww, Bill brought us Flowers!

Okay I have to say, speaking as a Pats draftnik, I love this pick. NFL.com says he’s a combine top performer in the vertical jump, broad jump, and 60 yard shuttle, which will be important the next time we’re playing against the Sliding Jenga Pieces, the Elongated Pit, and the Cones. Wait, those aren’t NFL teams? Well then. Let’s think about how his skills translate to the NFL.

First, he’s got the motor that Malcom in the Middle lacks. Now you might want that motor in a Mack truck, but if you get it in a Maserati or a Ferrari, you take it with a big smile, right? Unfortunately that ain’t what we’re talking about. This guy is a floor model Mustang with about five grand worth of extra after-market sheet-metal to make it look like a Shelby Cobra.

He’s aggressive and hard-working, loves to hit, and seems hell-bent on doing the hard work to max out his capabilities. He’ll do anything you ask of him except get around the corner, which is unfortunately a key skill for a defensive end. Seriously. Unless he’s up against a tackle under his 36.5” vertical leap, I don’t see him getting into too many opposing backfields. Maybe they’re planning to make some frankensteinian D-lineman out of Brown’s size, Flowers’ work ethic/leaping abilities, and Grissom’s pure muscle. Or maybe they’re gene-splicing for the 2035 team. Anyhoo I see a trend developing.

Upside: People who know even less than Belichick projected him to go in the 2nd or 3rd round, so not bad to pick him up as one fragment of what we got for the last pick in the 3rd, right? Screw covering the receivers… die QB die! If Brown doesn’t crush your pocket and Grissom can’t figure out where people direct him, by God, Flowers will… I don’t know… JUMP IN THE AIR AT YOU! Pats draftnik grade: B+

Round 4, Pick 104 (From NY Jets, tampering penalty): Oh. Right. N/m.

Round 4, pick 111: Tre’ Jackson, G, Florida State, 6’4”, 330. I’m thinking this is a Pats draft where you have to read between the lines. Fortunately this Tre’ played both in high school, which will come in handy if we play a rival of the Wayne County Yellow Jackets this year. Further shores up the Tre(y) position, to go with our deep bench of Brandons and Malco(l)ms.

Classic fat-ass big ugly guard. What else can I say. Oh I can say a lot, mainly plagiarized, which if you haven’t figured out my M.O., is basically what I do here. I’m like the pony-tail guy in Goodwill Hunting only about draft picks. Okay enough with the peek behind the curtain.

So here’s some mildly modified plagiarism – can punch like Mayweather at the point of attack, but unfortunately, not like Mayweather punches guys like Pacquiao, more like he punches at home. Has already had his first ACL tear, so that’s out of the way. Could be the new “Fraud Monitoring” or whatever in this year’s edition of the O-line, once he realizes that being 330 pounds is much more impressive if it’s 330 pounds you can move intentionally.

Good at being in the way, but don’t sell that short for a guard. Unfortunately has the footwork of a bulked up Stephen Hawking. Pats draftnik grade: B

Continued below. Damn you, 10,000-character limit.

Last edited:
Very funny stuff, but very sad if your take is acurate. I thought that last year's draft was bad, but many of the picks seemed to work out -except White who appears to be the stiff I thought h e was.

Any accuracy will be pure random chance... since there's so much of the draft media built into this thing... :)

Is that you Ron Borges???

"Upside: He fills a need at the Malcolm position, which was only one deep last year – though as it turns out, he was a pretty good one. Our depth at the Malcolm position might not rival our historical wealth of Brandon talent, but it’s nothing to sneeze at."

He's called "Malcom" -- you're welcolm! :)

Is that you Ron Borges???
No. Borges wouldn't have come back in to fix the "Malco(l)m" issue.
This is going to be like Laurence Maroni all over again.

"Upside: He fills a need at the Malcolm position, which was only one deep last year – though as it turns out, he was a pretty good one. Our depth at the Malcolm position might not rival our historical wealth of Brandon talent, but it’s nothing to sneeze at."

He's called "Malcom" -- you're welcolm!

Fixed before you busted me :p

No. Borges wouldn't have come back in to fix the "Malco(l)m" issue.
This is going to be like Laurence Maroni all over again.

Would Felger have noticed the spelling?? Felger was obviously excited as he hastily exited to the bathroom, uttering "I have not felt this way in years".. another year of draft hindsight from 2-6 daily.

Unfortunately "Malcom has gotten into the middle" of this controversy.. spell check will be challenged as it has never has before.. it keeps underlining in red.

Anybody register Mal.Com yet?

Your Pats Rolling Draft Recap, Part 2. Damn you, 10,000-character limit.

Round 4, pick 131: Shaquille Olajuwan “Shaq” Mason, C about to become a G and then get cut, Georgia Tech, 6’1”, 300. So somebody’s parents are a little disappointed at their 6’1” kid, right? Guess he never had his growth spurt. Oh well. There’s always the NFL as a backup plan.

Don’t expect Tom Brady’s hands to smell vaguely like this guy’s taint anytime soon. Despite being named after not one but two centers, Shaq’s on the way to playing what’s-the-point guard for the Pats, at least well into the summer. Why? While 6’1” sounds like a respectable – nay, brobdignagian - height to you and your buddies playing D&D in the basement of the science department building, it’s not quite what you want in an NFL center. Although he does also have the short arms the Pats seem to covet in a center prospect, I’m thinking he’s third on the depth chart in emergency situations behind Stork and Wendell, and lower than that at the guard position, since we don’t know whether he can play it. Edit: Oh you say he came out as a Center but played guard his whole college career? I'm sorry, the confidence meter didn't peg at the top when I heard that either.

On behalf of draftniks everywhere I sent several frantic emails to Bill, c/o the general Patriots team email address, but I suspect they were screened by some no-talent hack paid to protect Coach from guys like me trying to protect him from himself. It appears he’s just grabbing anybody who’s ever put his hand in the dirt at this point, as I explained at length, but to no avail.

Upside, such as it is: tough, strong hobbit of a lineman. They say low man wins, so he’s ahead of the game on that count. Lots of power and toughness. Second consecutive Yellow Jacket this draft, this time a Georgia Tech Yellow Jacket – oh, you didn’t know that’s their real name? Get used to it. Saying anything about “rambling wrecks” with Ryan still at the podium after Bills games will just get confusing.

Fourth round is a little early for camp fodder, but I’m officially declaring myself smarter than the Patriots’ brain trust, again, and nicknaming him Radio Shaq, because even at the bottom of the fourth his stock’s too high. Pats draftnik grade: F

Round 5, Pick 166: Joe Cardona, LS, Navy. 6’2”, 242.
Long-snapper, you say. Navy, you say. Exactly how Bill Belichick 2015 can this guy be? The only question is whether the distance he can snap the ball is as long as the reach the Pats made to grab him.

Okay, I have a bunch of material on when you’re a good long snapper, but frankly, it’s like being a knuckleballer. You just really, really want to play the game but you suck at it, so you pick some obscure role at the age of 4 and practice it until you graduate college.

The other long-snapper available is 34, and taught himself to long-snap while serving in Afghanistan. I support our troops and all but given the choice I’d rather have the LS depend on a game check than a Social Security check. My guess is that BB personally scouted Cardona so he could go back to McGarvey’s for some half-shell action or somesuch.

Anyway… 41-MPH snaps! All sorts of other metrics and analysis. Blah blah blah. What did he run the 3-cone drill in? Christ, he’s a long snapper. I’m thinking long-snapper is one of those things you notice if he sucks, but otherwise… color me non-committal. Pats draftnik grade: Can’t be bothered.

Round 6, Pick 178. Matthew Wells, WTF, Mississippi State, 6’1”, 221. Not invited to the Combine, so you have to take into account that this is a pro day time, but sub-4.4 40. 35.5 vertical leap. Big ol’ safety, teeny weeny linebacker, special teams gunner? You make the call. It’s as good a guess as Bill’s got. Hell, he got worked out at safety and linebacker at the pro day, so he had to do everything twice. You’d think they could eliminate the overlap by transferring over a set of results… whatever.

He’s another versatile tweener. Yay, versatile tweeners! A drawer full of swiss army knives! We get it.

Look Bill, if you’d just settle down and let each guy do one thing, maybe you could predict a little better what you’d need to fill up the talent slots in the draft, and we’d all know ahead of time what’s coming every game. Granted, we’ve gotten lucky because all that disruption to players’ free time is balanced out somewhat by specific week-to-week gameplanning and chess-playing, but is football a measurable science or a chess match? If it’s not the former I don’t know why I bought that stack of combine stats and measurables at bitterdraftniks.com.

Anyway, let’s face it, we’re in the 6th, and that’s serious Magic 8-ball, Ouija Board territory. Name one starter this team has ever picked up in the 6th. Okay name two. Pats draftnick grade: I’m so tired. Please stop having picks. For the love of God… Sorry. I’ll say B.

Round 6, Pick 202: A.J. Derby, TE, 6’4”, 255, Arkansas. Adriel Jeremiah Derby, you are ridiculous! Okay, I don’t know whether they divulged it on ESPN or NFLN, because I had to take my Draftnik PowerNap,™ but somebody please tell me what the A.J. stands for.

Ex-QB, tight end prospect to fill a crying need to be able to execute a TE-bubble-screen-looking flea flicker or option. Tons of raw athletic ability, in fact, just enough to get him moved around to three positions, and not enough to get him to stick at any of them.

Can’ run routes or hold blocks, but can catch the ball with one hand tied behind his back. So he pretty much tries to do that for every play whether there’s a need for it or not. Maybe he figures you throw it with one hand, you should be able to catch it that way. Nobody actually knows.

Remember that name. Well, those initials. You can expect for it to pop up every now and then while he cools his jets on the practice squad as BB figures out what to do with him. Guess he’s not the worst mistake we’ve ever made at TE. Pats draftnik grade: D.

Round 7, Pick 247, Darryl Roberts, CB, Marshall, 6’0”, 182. A-ha! Caught ya Bill! You’ve been getting scooped on cornerbacks for two days, and now you finally get the one that nobody wanted, expecting to get this gigantic pass from your worshipful minions everywhere. And you know what? You’ll get it.

Nobody’s caught more passes on this team than the head coach. If the NE fanbase had their way we’d be renaming things Washington Belichick International Airport and the U.S.S. Bill Belichick and the Belichick Building. Nothing bad – nothing- sticks to the guy!

This is what makes people think that perfectly legitimate draft analysis isn’t worth doing on anything Belichick has ever done. You never say he reached, or you’ll be proven wrong. You never say he didn’t get the pick he wanted because that would be calling into question his freaking omniscience.

Pats fans be like “When Bill Belichick won the Cold War…” and “When Bill Belichick freed the slaves…”

Now look where our defense is going to be in 2015: with about as much meat in the backfield as a grandma in a thong. All because ooooh, this one should be one round later, oooooh, this one isn’t as good as that rodeo clown or masked wrestler is intriguing, ooooh, this round I’m picking a FREAKING long snapper.

It’s just arrogant is what it is. That’s why you need Pats draftniks to set this **** straight.

What about the pick you ask? I don’t know, it’s the 7th round. The FBI puts witnesses in the 7th round to hide them from the mob, for Christ’s sake. Pats draftnik grade: Incognito

Round 7, Pick 253, Xzavier ****son, LB, Alabama. 6’3”, 260. In the absence of at least drafting a flawed cornerback before the 7th round, Bill’s been looking to grab every flawed “maybe he can rush the quarterback” type he can occasionally shoehorn into the role. Props to the parents for getting that extra Z into Xzavier. For those late-night “proper names count” scrabble games, this will be invaluable. Not so sure about Dr. X’s worth to the Pzatriots.

Scouting reports mention lower body stiffness more than late night infomercials. I don’t know what CoQ10 is but I’m pretty sure he needs it. Unless it’s palmetto oil. Whatever cures arthritis. Seems at times to seriously not give a fiddler’s fart what’s going on in the play, and can’t stop the run.

Oh yeah one more thing, comes with attitude problems.

You bring him in on passing downs in camp, you see what happens. Pats draftnik grade: Shrug+

Last edited:
Updated through 178

And Pats need another TE like they need a LS in 2 years......;)

And Pats need another TE like they need a LS in 2 years......;)
... or is it 5?

Did somebody pick the other one? If not, assuming he's back from Afghanistan for good now, we could sign him until the Staubach of Long Snappers is ready...

Okay, updated through the end of the draft and please nobody tell me there's a damn bonus round where fans call in and announce UDFA selections and some band plays in that bizarre giant beer-can-looking draft-town they built in Chicago.

How long until the average fan can't afford a ticket to the draft?

If you're not writing professionally, you missed your calling.

Grade: A+++

If you're not writing professionally, you missed your calling.

Grade: A+++

Thank you... I almost skipped this exercise this year... but I'm an addict
(And yeah it's my job, but I don't get to write fun stuff like this at the job all that often.)

Welcome, Pats fans and draft fans, to PatsFanInVa’s annual rolling draftnik recap. By now, you know the drill, but let me spell it out for the teeming dozens who are enjoying their first RDR: It’s satire. I think that’s why it regularly gets moved by a mod to some kind of message board Cyberia, but follow the little arrow thing and check back regularly.

So what’s the annoying concept? I am a Pats Draftnik. I’ll have none of this “In Bill We Trust” nonsense, and for good reason. Don’t give me that rubbish about winning more than a quarter of the super bowls this century – what has Bill done for us lately? In the last five years, his Pats teams have only gone to it twice and only won once – so what if it happened to be last year? Hell, one year out of the last 5, the Pats weren’t even in the AFC championship game. Clearly, Bill needs my help.

See? Satire! So set aside your roid rage -- and I do mean hemorrhoids -- your Red Bull-Shlitz, and any other source of frothing addle-pated discontent… and enjoy your 2015 rolling draftnik recap!

Round 1, pick 32: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas. 6’2”, 319. I saw a great comment saying we sent an old DT to the Texans, and got a new DT from Texas. Reduce, re-use, recycle. Emphasis on reduce. Vince came out at a lean and mean (sic) 344 pounds from Miami. Whatever the program said, Vince’s true playing weight could not be printed economically without the use of exponents. He was so massive he had smaller defensive linemen orbiting him; he didn’t so much stuff the run, as runners fell into his gravity well. Don’t tell me Malcom Brown’s a young Vince. For one thing it sounds too much like Vince Young, and look how that turned out.

Upside: He fills a need at the Malco(l)m position, which was only one deep last year – though as it turns out, he was a pretty good one. Our depth at the Malco(l)m position might not rival our historical wealth of Brandon talent, but it’s nothing to sneeze at.

In college, did everything, because it was college. Stuffed the run. Rushed the passer. Pushed the pocket. When he felt like it, anyway. Downside: I haven’t seen a motor cut out like his since I bought into the Yugo craze in 1986. If you’re looking for consistency, look no further, because picking Malcom Brown means you’re legally blind in that department.

There’s a reason 31 other teams passed on him. Still, a little work in the weight room, a few slabs of ribs, a subcortical implant, a bundle of fiber optics, some actuators, and a joystick might make a Wilfork replacement out of him yet. Pats draftnik grade: C.

Round 2, pick 64: Jordan Richards, DB, Stanford. 5’11”, 221. Malcom Brown was suspect because he fell to us in the first. Jordan Richards is a reach because we picked him before anybody else. What else is new? Same old Belichick draft logic. If he’s not picking a guy too early because he shouldn’t have picked him at all, because everybody else knew something he didn’t, he’s picking a guy too early because nobody expected him to be picked that high, because everybody else knew something he didn’t.

Yay, another box safety who’s a liability in coverage. Has instincts that Darwin couldn’t explain, and not in a good way. Another few generations and this guy’s niche would be filled by a 200-pount flightless bird. If by chance he happens to be near the ball, he tends to grab it rather than knock it down, which I suppose can be nice at times, but when was the last time that won anybody anything?

Upside: Stanford pedigree means he actually had to study and was expected to have half a brain, or acquire it by osmosis. Drove 12 extra miles daily to avoid a $5 bridge toll. Sounds like he’ll understand the Pats’ compensation structure, and will be able to digest the playbook. Stanford coach says that Richards plays bigger the bigger the game is. Since we’re likely to be in some big games despite Belichick’s middling draft skills at least until the dawn of the Garoppolo (or whoever) era, I guess that “plays bigger” thing is good.

Old coach also says he’s never seen a tougher competitor, but who’s he measuring by? Zach Ertz? On the plus side, there seems to be some confusion about who the Stanford coach was. Ertz says Richards’ nickname was “Coach Richards,” for his understanding of the playbook and the program. Now if Richards just understood where he should be on the field, we might really have something. Pats draftnik grade: D-.

Round 3, pick 96: 111, 147, and something else from Cleveland. Edit: Seems like we got 101 from Tampa here? Or did we already have that? And we traded away a sixth or something, I dunno. Eisen got sort of hard to understand and it's all so confusing. Pats draftnik grade: B-, A if we got pick 101 in this deal too. I think.

Round 3, pick 97: Geneo Grissom, DE/LB, Oklahoma. 6’3”, 262. Quoth NFLN:“He’s an athlete, he’s versatile, and he’s smart. That fits New England.”

He’s also stiffer than John Holmes in his prime. Come on now Bill. Just because the guy can rush the passer and drop back in coverage and play tight end in a pinch doesn’t make him a good pick. Yes, he’s got muscles in places you and I don’t have places. Yes, he can set the edge. Yes, he’ll get to the quarterback if nobody gets in the way that he can’t bench-press. Yes, he’s a classic Patriots tweener, a DE in 4-3 and an OLB in the 3-4.

But he can be trapped by anybody with a game film to go by. Give him a yard and he’ll take it, whatever you’re leading him into. On the other hand, had a recently sprained MCL to sweeten the deal.

Geneo’s a project. Give a man a fish - say, Tannehill - and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats quarterbacks for breakfast on a weekly basis. Unless you decide to do something else with him… or he just can’t be taught.

Right now he’s at the “Geneo Smash!” level of football intelligence. Huh. Where have I heard that before…

Pats draftnik grade: Incomplete.

Round 4, pick 101:
Trey Flowers, DE, Arkansas, 6’2”, 266. Awww, Bill brought us Flowers!

Okay I have to say, speaking as a Pats draftnik, I love this pick. NFL.com says he’s a combine top performer in the vertical jump, broad jump, and 60 yard shuttle, which will be important the next time we’re playing against the Sliding Jenga Pieces, the Elongated Pit, and the Cones. Wait, those aren’t NFL teams? Well then. Let’s think about how his skills translate to the NFL.

First, he’s got the motor that Malcom in the Middle lacks. Now you might want that motor in a Mack truck, but if you get it in a Maserati or a Ferrari, you take it with a big smile, right? Unfortunately that ain’t what we’re talking about. This guy is a floor model Mustang with about five grand worth of extra after-market sheet-metal to make it look like a Shelby Cobra.

He’s aggressive and hard-working, loves to hit, and seems hell-bent on doing the hard work to max out his capabilities. He’ll do anything you ask of him except get around the corner, which is unfortunately a key skill for a defensive end. Seriously. Unless he’s up against a tackle under his 36.5” vertical leap, I don’t see him getting into too many opposing backfields. Maybe they’re planning to make some frankensteinian D-lineman out of Brown’s size, Flowers’ work ethic/leaping abilities, and Grissom’s pure muscle. Or maybe they’re gene-splicing for the 2035 team. Anyhoo I see a trend developing.

Upside: People who know even less than Belichick projected him to go in the 2nd or 3rd round, so not bad to pick him up as one fragment of what we got for the last pick in the 3rd, right? Screw covering the receivers… die QB die! If Brown doesn’t crush your pocket and Grissom can’t figure out where people direct him, by God, Flowers will… I don’t know… JUMP IN THE AIR AT YOU! Pats draftnik grade: B+

Round 4, Pick 104 (From NY Jets, tampering penalty): Oh. Right. N/m.

Round 4, pick 111: Tre’ Jackson, G, Florida State, 6’4”, 330. I’m thinking this is a Pats draft where you have to read between the lines. Fortunately this Tre’ played both in high school, which will come in handy if we play a rival of the Wayne County Yellow Jackets this year. Further shores up the Tre(y) position, to go with our deep bench of Brandons and Malco(l)ms.

Classic fat-ass big ugly guard. What else can I say. Oh I can say a lot, mainly plagiarized, which if you haven’t figured out my M.O., is basically what I do here. I’m like the pony-tail guy in Goodwill Hunting only about draft picks. Okay enough with the peek behind the curtain.

So here’s some mildly modified plagiarism – can punch like Mayweather at the point of attack, but unfortunately, not like Mayweather punches guys like Pacquiao, more like he punches at home. Has already had his first ACL tear, so that’s out of the way. Could be the new “Fraud Monitoring” or whatever in this year’s edition of the O-line, once he realizes that being 330 pounds is much more impressive if it’s 330 pounds you can move intentionally.

Good at being in the way, but don’t sell that short for a guard. Unfortunately has the footwork of a bulked up Stephen Hawking. Pats draftnik grade: B

Continued below. Damn you, 10,000-character limit.

Besides being deeper at Malco(l)ms, we are now dos deep with Tre'ys.

Great stuff. That was tremendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey