PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Draft Prospect Thread

I hadn't watched Bronson Kafusi until now. He'll be added to my big board. Very impressive as a potential Nink replacement. Drops into coverage, very good at stunts (we were one on of the top three teams at running stunts last year), has a coach for a father, terrific effort and, ran a 7.03 3-cone which is slightly better than Chandler Jones. Tony Pauline called him a stud for his pro day performance:

Read more at 2016 NFL Pro Day Results: WalterFootball.com

Kafusi (2nd/3rd round) and Lowry (day 3) are both going on to my big board. Very impressed with both.

We've worked out both Kafusi and Jordan Jenkins now (and Bullard). I wouldn't be surprised if BB see's value in one of them in the 2nd round or with a trade back into the 3rd.

60/61 is too early for Kafusi IMO. Now if he's still available at 91/96 and I have already drafted both
a LT & RB, then he's on my short list along with WR & CB.

Good question. I think he'll go round 5-6. You're right, he's got amazing arm length and is one of the best benders around the edge in this draft. But he's only 230 something pounds and got kicked out of school. I really don't see us drafting him, he's even undersized as a linebacker here but he's certainly an intriguing prospect although I suspect it'll be somewhere else. If we do go for an undersized linebacker I'd rather they looked at Travis Feeney who is super athletic and fast or Eric Striker who was very productive. both are probably more versatile than McCalister who is really just an edge player only.

My bad, it's Alex McCallister. Did not know he had been kicked out of school and I also believe he will not be a Patriots pick. As a late round flier, his skillset is so unique, he is also pretty good on stunts and we know BB loves mismatches. He is definitely a project using the first a year to put on some weight and see where that takes him.

The missing 1st rounder really killed my enthusiasm for this draft early, and it certainly feels lacklustre at the top but there are a lot of intriguing prospects in the middle to late rounds which has peaked my interest lately who could become at the very least contributors and maybe more depending on the team that selects them.

The missing 1st rounder really killed my enthusiasm for this draft early, and it certainly feels lacklustre at the top but there are a lot of intriguing prospects in the middle to late rounds which has peaked my interest lately who could become at the very least contributors and maybe more depending on the team that selects them.

Still, the missing first rounder does stink. If we had it, we'd be looking at 2013/2011/2009/2007/2003 all over again, where they would trade it for a 2nd and a 3rd, or traded it for a 4th and a 1st next year. I'm not upset that we're missing the 1st round player itself, because it's unlikely to be the same talent as it usually is, so we wouldn't be making that selection. I'm upset at the loss of trade currency - and with the intriguing mid-round prospects this year, would have been nice to have another shot at the dart board. And especially if we could have parlayed it into an extra first rounder next year. Oh well.

This draft has so many red chip prospects with grades so close together that you see mocks that have ot Clark of Texas tech going anywhere from the end of the 1st to the top of the third.

There will be some over drafted guys going strictly on team preference, which is good for us because someone unexpected is going to drop.

Best guess is it is a defensive tackle.

Marquez North would be an interesting pick if it was made. 6'3", 220lbs, sub 4.5 and a 6.9 3-cone. There hasn't been a great track record for Tennessee WRs of late but there's a lot of upside for a day 3 flier.

Whilst I have no doubt that his character is through the roof and that he may well end up being a decent to good NFL player, I struggle to get excited by Keenan Reynolds. To me he looks undersized, not especially fast and not especially dynamic, in comparison to a Braxton Miller or Daniel Braverman. I will, of course, root for him if he ends up a Pat, it will be interesting to see what he ends up doing.

I think his skills would be perfect in our offense. He is a playmaker.

I think his skills would be perfect in our offense. He is a playmaker.

In a triple-option offense. I actually don't think he's much of a playmaker to be frank. The offense creates the plays. i don't know, he's OK but when I watch him, I don't get excited in the same way I do with a Braxton Miller or even a Jakeem Grant. Maybe I just haven't seen enough.

I see his upside as being Danny Woodhead and not much more. Don't get me wrong, I'll take that any day from a day 3 pick, I was just hoping for more.

Talk me down from a last minute binky please.

Frankie Williams, CB, Purdue.

First things first, he's not very big at 5-9, 186lbs.

And whilst his athleticism is okay, it doesn't really compensate for his lack of size.

But, watch this, admittedly, highlight reel.

He plays CB and safety. Reminds me a little of Lamarcus Joyner in twrms of size and versatility and of Casey Hayward on tape. Not a bad combo for a potential UDFA.

I've been talking up BC linebacker Steven Daniels a bit. Here's why.

And Daniels graduates from nailing a FB to nailing a guard.

Worked out by Dante.

Just preparing everyone ... Keenan Reynolds is going to be Mad Genius Bill's W T F pick. Brace yourselves.

Just preparing everyone ... Keenan Reynolds is going to be Mad Genius Bill's W T F pick. Brace yourselves.

After all the buzz, I don't think it will be a WTF pick anymore.

After all the buzz, I don't think it will be a WTF pick anymore.
Hahah true... Well to the mediots and non patsfans.com readers... It will be the annual reach pick. I can picture Kiper now

"This is a guy I had rated as an undrafted free agent..."

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back