PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016-17 College Football Bowl Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

varjao

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Thread to comment on the bowls games.

I don't understand the hype on Brad Kaya, the games I've seen him play I was not impressed.

Just a bad class. Was last year looking forward w/ this group and none of the guys have really stepped up.

Watson matured physically but his game remained stagnant.

I wouldn't take Mitch before the 3rd. round.

Kizer is highly regarded by some. I haven't watched his cuts yet.

Mahomes is a guy that's interesting. I bet he'll have a great workout and impress. Big arm. Digging now to see if he could be a "Stafford" type, in terms of the mental make up. He might be best served to stay another year. Def has a big adjustment to the pro game.

I don't understand the hype on Brad Kaya, the games I've seen him play I was not impressed.

I disagree with you but i am a miami fan. He did have a rough stretch. I would be concern about his mental toughness. He's more of a pocket passer than these other QBs. I think chicago will draft him if they don't go after jimmy G. Corn Elder the CB for miami's a sleeper. He can play.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
I really like Elder as a slot guy.

Kaaya should stay another year. Most of them should.

I really like Elder as a slot guy.

Kaaya should stay another year. Most of them should.

Elder can play on the outside as well. Interesting to see how he does in the combine.

Alot of people say kaaya will go pro. Considering how weak this qb class is, i can't blame him.

Elder can play on the outside as well. Interesting to see how he does in the combine.

Alot of people say kaaya will go pro. Considering how weak this qb class is, i can't blame him.

Long arms and closing speed are always good. Hes listed at 5'10 so we'll see how that goes.

Just a bad class. Was last year looking forward w/ this group and none of the guys have really stepped up.

Watson matured physically but his game remained stagnant.

I wouldn't take Mitch before the 3rd. round.

Kizer is highly regarded by some. I haven't watched his cuts yet.

Mahomes is a guy that's interesting. I bet he'll have a great workout and impress. Big arm. Digging now to see if he could be a "Stafford" type, in terms of the mental make up. He might be best served to stay another year. Def has a big adjustment to the pro game.

Kizer is a big time project, his decision to declare baffles me

Kizer is a big time project, his decision to declare baffles me

Idk. He has to a chance to be the second QB selected. Teams need QBs. Idk if his stock can get any higher if he stays in school.

Idk. He has to a chance to be the second QB selected. Teams need QBs. Idk if his stock can get any higher if he stays in school.

Ther was talk at the beginning of the year he would be the number one pick. Thats gone down, If he stayed and developed, And out up big numbers and Notre dame was relevant in the national title picture, he could easily be the number one pick

On top of that, Brian Kellys system is a joke, I really do not see Kizer doimg much in the pros

Ther was talk at the beginning of the year he would be the number one pick. Thats gone down, If he stayed and developed, And out up big numbers and Notre dame was relevant in the national title picture, he could easily be the number one pick

On top of that, Brian Kellys system is a jokw

Brian kelly's the big problem. Also i believe they losing their top tackle to the draft. I thought nd would be better this year but their defense was god awful.

Joe Williams of Utah is a heck of a college RB

Brian kelly's the big problem. Also i believe they losing their top tackle to the draft. I thought nd would be better this year but their defense was god awful.

Their coaches are bums. Kelly goes full years without recruiting a player at a position. And yes one of their tackles and one of their guards could go first round. Kelly is a bad recruiter

I think Kaaya is awful. His balls float and some of them are borderline uncatchable. He also makes some awful decisions. Twice last night, he threw a duck up into triple coverage and both times ended up in INT's. He was bailed out because of two PI calls (one legit, one not legit). That said, the Hurricanes are probably two more Richt recruiting classes from seriously challenging in the ACC. You can already see the difference in the playmakers at the skill positions. Routine screens and hitches ended up getting taken for big chunks of yardage and they, as they always do, have some serious speed. But I don't understand why some "experts" think so highly of Kaaya. I have not been impressed.

Games coming up that I'm the most excited about...

1. Alamo Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Colorado
2. Music City Bowl: Nebraska vs. Tennessee
3. Orange Bowl: Michigan vs. FSU
4. Citrus Bowl: LSU vs. Louisville
5. Fiesta Bowl: Clemson vs. Ohio State (really looking forward to this one)
6. Outback Bowl: Florida vs. Iowa
7. Rose Bowl: USC vs. Penn State
8. Sugar Bowl: Auburn vs. Oklahoma

Not really looking forward to the 'Bama/Washington match-up. I think that's going to be a slaughter. Browning hasn't exactly lit it up lately and he hasn't seen anything remotely approaching the kind of speed and talent that Alabama has on the defensive side of the ball. I think Washington is going to get embarrassed.

I think Kaaya is awful. His balls float and some of them are borderline uncatchable. He also makes some awful decisions. Twice last night, he threw a duck up into triple coverage and both times ended up in INT's. He was bailed out because of two PI calls (one legit, one not legit). That said, the Hurricanes are probably two more Richt recruiting classes from seriously challenging in the ACC. You can already see the difference in the playmakers at the skill positions. Routine screens and hitches ended up getting taken for big chunks of yardage and they, as they always do, have some serious speed. But I don't understand why some "experts" think so highly of Kaaya. I have not been impressed.

Games coming up that I'm the most excited about...

1. Alamo Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Colorado
2. Music City Bowl: Nebraska vs. Tennessee
3. Orange Bowl: Michigan vs. FSU
4. Citrus Bowl: LSU vs. Louisville
5. Fiesta Bowl: Clemson vs. Ohio State (really looking forward to this one)
6. Outback Bowl: Florida vs. Iowa
7. Rose Bowl: USC vs. Penn State
8. Sugar Bowl: Auburn vs. Oklahoma

Not really looking forward to the 'Bama/Washington match-up. I think that's going to be a slaughter. Browning hasn't exactly lit it up lately and he hasn't seen anything remotely approaching the kind of speed and talent that Alabama has on the defensive side of the ball. I think Washington is going to get embarrassed.
Washington is really going to need Petersen to find a way to outcoach Saban

Probably not going to happen.

Who knows, I think he has a better chance to outocoach Saban than Dabo has to outcoach Meyer. Petersen is Tremendous. I think he is definitely capable, and wouldnt be shocked if he did

Who knows, I think he has a better chance to outocoach Saban than Dabo has to outcoach Meyer. Petersen is Tremendous. I think he is definitely capable, and wouldnt be shocked if he did

Petersen is a good coach, no doubt. But he's not Saban. The only college football coach that's even in Saban's hemisphere is Meyer and even Meyer makes his fair share of absolutely mindboggling in-game decisions. When you add to that the fact that Saban's team is athletically superior at almost every position on the football field, you have the ingredients for a blowout.

Petersen is a good coach, no doubt. But he's not Saban. The only college football coach that's even in Saban's hemisphere is Meyer and even Meyer makes his fair share of absolutely mindboggling in-game decisions. When you add to that the fact that Saban's team is athletically superior at almost every position on the football field, you have the ingredients for a blowout.

Dont forget Harbaugh. And Yeah I dont think it will be close. I think Browning will hold them back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back