PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016-17 College Football Bowl Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Fkn Arkansas +7. That was a collapse for the ages. 24-0 at halftime then 24 turnovers and 50 penalties in the second half. I'll never (seriously) bet on football again after this year. I've put too much "studying" into it to quit now. It was a bad year, and some very bad beats, to say the least.

I've known people that have lost mortgages and their retirement to betting on football. I just don't do it at all. Watching the games is much more enjoyable and stress free, IMO. But that's just me. I work too hard for my money to blow a lot of it on the sport.

I've known people that have lost mortgages and their retirement to betting on football. I just don't do it at all. Watching the games is much more enjoyable and stress free, IMO. But that's just me. I work too hard for my money to blow a lot of it on the sport.

Exactly, I started to bet to add some spicy on watching a game, have something at stake, but really nothing more than I would spend on a bar watching a game, so nothing I have to lose, in the end you win here, lose there, and it evens out.

People that can't control themselves suffer from a disease, it's called gambling addiction and they should seek help. I have a good record, but the moments when I lost control made me lose money more than making bad choices, in the end, what I regret more is not the money lost but the time wasted, money you can recoup, time you can't, time you can use to learn something, study, that's what I regret a little.

The good thing about Deflategate is that it was a wake up call for me that I spend too much time on sports analysis and discussions, watching, etc...to something that don't deserve my time and my full support, there are a lot of things I want to study that I should use my free time on it instead of watching games. Posting and reading in this forum a lot in the past couple years at least has been a good thing for me as I can work on my English.

Exactly, I started to bet to add some spicy on watching a game, have something at stake, but really nothing more than I would spend on a bar watching a game, so nothing I have to lose, in the end you win here, lose there, and it evens out.

People that can't control themselves suffer from a disease, it's called gambling addiction and they should seek help. I have a good record, but the moments when I lost control made me lose money more than making bad choices, in the end, what I regret more is not the money lost but the time wasted, money you can recoup, time you can't, time you can use to learn something, study, that's what I regret a little.

The good thing about Deflategate is that it was a wake up call for me that I spend too much time on sports analysis and discussions, watching, etc...to something that don't deserve my time and my full support, there are a lot of things I want to study that I should use my free time on it instead of watching games. Posting and reading in this forum a lot in the past couple years at least has been a good thing for me as I can work on my English.

Yeah I don't think I've ever bet more than $50 on a game and I haven't bet at all in a few years now. I don't get the appeal to betting big. I'm sure the rush is great when you win but you're in the depths of Hell when you lose. Sounds awful.

Go Hawkeyes!

Keeping my eyes on desmond king. This CB class in this draft could be very deep if some guy's come out as expected.

Last edited:
Nebraska getting 9.5. I feel they can win this game outright, Unless Tennessee brings theyre very best, which they rarely do for 4 quarters

And I think Michigan destorys florida state tonight

PUMPED about FSU/Michigan tonight. The butthurt Gator fan in me hopes FSU gets slaughtered but I think this will be a good game. Hopefully Michigan can scheme pretzels into Francois' head.

Go Gata. 'Tis the season of giving and I'm sure Austin Appleby will be in a very charitable mood.

@Wordsmyth you disagree that Appleby is going to be firing INT's all over the field? You have more faith in him than I do, apparently.

So this NC QB is the possible #1 pick ? Sure, the teammates need to take some blame, but maybe the bad teams should make sure they scout other options...

Just when I thought we had a game on our hands...

Barnett with the record-breaking sack. Impressive young player!

Barnett with the record-breaking sack. Impressive young player!

Something about him reminds me of Michael Bennett. I've been saying all fall he's a game wrecker, and I saw Bennett wreck one Super Bowl and he almost wrecked a second one with a stellar performance. Bennents play might not show up in the stats sheet but he's a great player

I wonder if josh malone will declare.

I think Florida covers the +7 spread line

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back