PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* 2012 Draft Offensive Line *

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the Konz is too tall stuff, he's an inch taller than Mangold - the best C in football, that extra 2.5cm is hardly going to make a difference.

IMO Konz is going to be a top center in the league wherever he ends up. If the Patriots don't select him at 27 (probably wont) then my feeling is the Packers will take him at 28.

Given the way he's been playing and how much he's been getting paid I've been wondering about the feasibility of shipping him out of town. Everyone talks about how he played when he came back in the 2nd half of 2010 but I think they neglect to consider that he was as fresh as a daisy and playing against guys that had 1/2 a season of wear and tear.

I really hope we get some solid raw material that can be forged into starters, I'm tired of seeing Mankins get owned by the Giants.

I would look to trade Mankins in 2014 as soon as he doesn't have a negative cap hit. Hopefully he would still have some value. If not I would definitely cut him in 2015 and take the 4mil cap hit, because I don't think any OG is worth a 10mil cap value, which I believe Mankins will be in 2015. While he is a very good player, I was never for that extension. First, I think giving any player, at a non-premium position that much money long term is a mistake. Second I think we could have gotten a decent return in a tag and trade.

I would love to grab Brandon Brooks from Miami (OH) this year and groom him to take over at LG. while he might seem bigger than usual for a Pats OG at 6'5" 346lbs, he gas great athletecism and necessary agility to play in this system. Pairing him with Marcus Cannon long term could give us one of the biggest, most athletic guard tandems in the NFL for a long time.

Hmmm...

Well, Book Value says it would take Pick #84, if we had it:

Book Value on #20 = 850 Points

Book Value on #27 = 680 Points
Book Value on #84 = 170 Points

Reality?? #95 ~ 120 Points ~ might actually be enough in the real world, but it would probably end up being a package deal: #31 + #63 for #20 + #150 or so...Something like that.

Personally, I wouldn't do it, what with this rich O Guard Class, but I can't say I wouldn't be ECSTATIC!! :D

He doesn't pick MY Picks, usually, anyway, so if we can get a guy I WORSHIP...:cool:

Funny thing is: Much as I love Mankins, I like him better as a Right Guard, and DeCastro was absolutely BORN to play Left Guard...Anybody have any opinions or information about the feasibility of moving Logan over??
39.gif

It might seem a bit steep yes. Hm not sure, O-line is like Snake-eyes says, its protecting TFB and we cant have a good enough one. I would like to have atleast one guard and a center that we can run behind though. Still think we need to balance our offense with the run win.

As long as we hit on our picks, thats the most important point.

I don't get the Konz is too tall stuff, he's an inch taller than Mangold - the best C in football, that extra 2.5cm is hardly going to make a difference.

IMO Konz is going to be a top center in the league wherever he ends up. If the Patriots don't select him at 27 (probably wont) then my feeling is the Packers will take him at 28.

Yes, I knew my take on Konz would be unpopular, and I respect that. :cool:

It's not about the height.

It's about how they handle the height.

With enough Core Flexibility, that height is all right.

I just don't see Konz as having that spry Core: He seems to struggle with leverage too often.

...And that could be fatal against the league's elites...in the games that matter most.

It might seem a bit steep yes. Hm not sure, O-line is like Snake-eyes says, its protecting TFB and we cant have a good enough one. I would like to have atleast one guard and a center that we can run behind though. Still think we need to balance our offense with the run win.

As long as we hit on our picks, thats the most important point.

Concur!!

As for me, DeCastro slipped beyond my Mocks MONTHS ago!! :eek:

There are some sweet values at O Guard that I highlighted back in November ~ and I plan on updating, today ~ that I would like to see us rack up...And Ben Jones is obviously my Center of choice!!
thumb.gif

It's about how they handle the height.

With enough Core Flexibility, that height is all right

Very well said, Steve Hutchinson and Dave DeCastro are both 6'5 and I'd love to have them on the team.

Much of handling that height is also due to the strength/coordination/flexibility in the hips, butt, thighs, calfs, and ankles. It's just another reason why I think the Bench Press is so stupid. I wish they'd just have lineman/TEs/LBs lift Atlas Stones, not only would that be a good indicator of all those attributes but training that exercise would help produce better players.

2002 American Pro Strongman Nationals - Atlas Stones - YouTube

Offensive Guards!!

Explanation of Colors + Numbers

1 ~ Red = OverRated ~ in my OH so humble opinion!!

2 ~ Purple = Sleeper or Steal or Super Sleeper!!

3 ~ Blue = Bargain ~ Good Value.

4 ~ The first number = Market Value ~ my best guess, based on CBS, Walter, Et Cetera...

5 ~ The second number = FIENDISH Value ~ how I grade them!!

6 ~ These will all be Cut + Pasted from yon Site, so the formats are different.

An Explanation of My Twisted ViewPoint!!

I have no intention or expectation of converting anyone to my view of things, of course. That doesn't happen, anyway: People make up their own minds in their own way...But an explanation is warranted, I think, out of respect to those of you who do me the honor of reading these Works.

As I place a disproportionately enormous emphasis on Diagnostic Acuity and Processing Speed when evaluating Quarter Backs, so do I lend an extreme level of importance, when evaluating all Grizzlies, to Core Strength.

A Grizzly's inferior Core Strength can be exposed by any number of things: Displaying an insufficiently compact Coil...Bending at the Waist...Rising too high off the Snap...A tendency ~ even with a low initial stance ~ to get ridden back high...Inability to Mirror...and of course: Getting the stuffing beaten out of you on a regular basis!!

Outstanding Core Strength, on the other hand, takes years of dedication in the weight room, but goes a long way to establishing dominance In The Trenches!!

David DeCastro ~ 6.5/312 ~ 1st ~ 1st

552248554.jpg

SuperBeast!! David DeCastro commands a breathtaking constellation of attributes: Outstanding Launch Velocity, exceptional Core Strength, amazing Diagnostic Acuity and Processing Speed, remarkable Torsion when he redirects, tremendous Fluidity, Lateral Agility, and Range...and inspiring Ferocity.

Hell, even his Mechanics are highly refined.

He has no weak points: Only varying degrees of strength.

O Guard is one of the most vital positions on the field, yet one of the most egregiously under rated: He ought to go Top 5, easily, and we know that ain't happening!! Steal!!

Cordy Glenn ~ 6.6/345 ~ 1st ~ 6th-7th

320587092.jpg

Potential Starter!! Cody Glenn brings a lot of strength and size to the table, but both his dubious Core Strength and sluggish Launch Velocity are dramatic Red Flags, in my view, nor am I particularly impressed with either his Diagnostic Acuity or his Processing Speed!!

He may well prove me wrong, but I have to trust my eyes, and at this point I am seeing Cody Glenn, who is currently looking at a 1st Round Market Value, as having enormous problems at the next level. OverRated!!

Brandon Washington ~ 6.4/320 ~ 1st-2nd ~ 1st-2nd

6_248367.jpg

Beast!! Brandon Washington is actually a little raw, because he's spent a lot of time at O Tackle, hasn't had much time to develop his Mechanics, and it shows.

However, he brings a very sweet and complete set of skills to the table: His Core Strength, Launch Velocity, Torsion, Fluidity, and Range are all excellent, and his Processing Speed is very impressive, as well.

Indeed, his only weakness is lack of refined Mechanics, and his Tenacity, Intelligence, and natural skills strongly suggest that he'll quickly overcome them with a little experience and quality guidance.

All Pro is definitely there, and at a vital, albeit unappreciated position. Fair Value!!

Kelechi Osemele ~ 6.5/333 ~ 2nd ~ 6th-7th

274517629.jpg

Potential Starter!! Kelechi Osemele is hindered by dubious Core Strength, Launch Velocity, + Torsion.

Even more disturbing are his poor grades for Diagnostic Acuity, Processing Speed...and Work Ethic.

He may turn it around at the next level, but I wouldn't want to bet on it. Bringing a naturally exceptional Frame for the job has his Market Value seemingly locked into the 2nd Round ~ possibly even the 1st!! But I'm not buying it, and I don't know if he'll even keep a starting job!! Bust!!

Kevin Zeitler ~ 6.4/315 ~ 2nd-3rd ~ 2nd-3rd

8907650.jpg

Starter!! Kevin Zeitler struggles with dubious Launch Velocity, but I wonder if this can't be corrected: By all accounts, he commands superior Diagnostic Acuity and Processing Speed, and is clearly FootBall Smart.

That seems to be his only real weakness. He brings excellent Core Strength to the table, powerfull Torsion when he's changing directions, and superior Fluidity, Lateral Agility, and Range.

He's not a ball of fire, but is a Scrapper with an overall skill set ~ as I fully expect him to overcome his deficient Launch Velocity ~ that is very impressive. Fair Value!!

Amini Silatolu ~ 6.3/320 ~ 2nd-3rd ~ 1st

398263280.JPG

Beast!! Amini Silatolu comes from a small School, and struggles with the raw Mechanics, as one would expect of him, particularly as he'll be kicking inside from O Tackle.

But his aggregate Skill Set is intensely intriguing: excellent Core Strength meets a truly intoxicating fusion of Fluidity, Lateral Agility, and Range.

There is true All Pro Potential, here. Sleeper!!

Senio Kelemete ~ 6.4/300 ~ 3rd ~ 1st

486234219.jpg

Beast!! Senio Kelemete's resume is either sketchy or intensely intriguing, depending on how you look at it: As a Freshman in 2008, he played in 8 games and started in 4...as a Defensive Tackle!!

In 2009, he switched to O Guard and won the starting gig, there...only to be asked to switch to O Tackle in 2010!! And of course he projects best to swing back to O Guard in the Majors...So his Mechanics are certainly a bit raw.

But his Cross Training is invaluable...And so is his proven ability to pick up a new position ~ or a big jump in competition ~ quickly enough to start ~ and for a major team...and no less than 3 years in a row!!

But what's really impressive about this young man is his truly amazing constellation of skills: Outstanding Core Strength, exceptional Launch Velocity, impressive Torsion when he changes directions, and tremendous Athleticism: Beautifull Fluidity, excellent Lateral Agility, and extraordinary Range.

Just an astounding aggregation of Skills, all under the command of a Scrapper with an astonishing Work Ethic and insatiable Passion for this great Game!! There is undeniable Pro Bowl potential, here!! Super Sleeper!!

Brandon Brooks ~ 6.5/354 ~ 3rd-4th ~ 3rd-4th

970188305.jpg

Starter!! Brandon Brooks has pretty raw Mechanics, as one might expect, coming from Miami Ohio, who's very existence annoys me to no end.

His Athleticism is nothing to write home about, as he possesses very unimpressive Lateral Agility and Range.

However, he does command exceptional Core Strength.

It might take a while, but the tools are definitely there to forge a Starter at the next level. Fair Value!!

Kelvin Beachum ~ 6.3/306 ~ UFA ~ 2nd-3rd

895723129.jpg

Starter!! Kelvin Beachum brings a startling blend of superior Core Strength, outstanding Launch Velocity, and tremendous Athleticism and Dexterity to the table!!

As an O Tackle Convertible, he'll need time to learn, but the Skill Set is definitely there to win a starting gig and perhaps even play at an high level in the NFL. Super Sleeper!!

Wayne Tribue ~ 6.3/324 ~ UFA ~ 2nd-3rd

323545348.jpg

Starter!! Wayne Tribue commands exceptional Core Strength, superior Launch Velocity, and extraordinary Lateral Agility!!

Furthermore, he navigates well in on the move, boasting tremendous Diagnostic Acuity and Processing Speed as he seeks out targets. Super Sleeper!!

Interesting that you are down on Brandon Brooks' athleticism and lateral range:

Would have been the second fastest OL at the Combine (based on pro day)
4th best Broad Jump
2nd best Vert
Best shuttle
2nd best 3-cone

I don't think his pure athleticism can be questioned, whether or not it translates to game day is another matter. Because of the deep interior line class, I think 3rd to 4th is a fairly accurate projection and I'll be all over him then. His biggest strength is his ability to anchor against the rush and I'm all for spending a third rounder on keeping Brady clean.

Love Beachum as an UDFA. I've had him in my last few mocks as a priority UDFA and I think he can be a quality OG in the NFL. Solid measurables, good upside, definitely worth a shot at developing him.

Interesting that you are down on Brandon Brooks' athleticism and lateral range:

Would have been the second fastest OL at the Combine (based on pro day)
4th best Broad Jump
2nd best Vert
Best shuttle
2nd best 3-cone

I don't think his pure athleticism can be questioned, whether or not it translates to game day is another matter. Because of the deep interior line class, I think 3rd to 4th is a fairly accurate projection and I'll be all over him then. His biggest strength is his ability to anchor against the rush and I'm all for spending a third rounder on keeping Brady clean.

Well DONE, Sir. :cool:

I haven't had a chance to integrate the Pro Days into my work, yet.

MIND you: In my mind, Tape Trumps Measurables.

Nevertheless, if a player shows especially explosive athleticism ~ I'm focused on the 3 Cone, the Short Shuttle, and the Vertical ~ that diverge with my impressions from Tape ~ and there isn't as much on Brooks as I might like ~ then I won't hesitate to change my Analysis. This is, after all, an ongoing process up until the very last moment, and even those guys who know what they're doing ~ unlike myself!! :D ~ are updating all year long!!

And it seems clear, frankly, that I'll need to update my Analysis of Mister Brooks, as his Measurables clearly are remarkable. Thanks for catching that, Brother Manx!!
thumb.gif

Love Beachum as an UDFA. I've had him in my last few mocks as a priority UDFA and I think he can be a quality OG in the NFL. Solid measurables, good upside, definitely worth a shot at developing him.

Yeah, saw that!! Well PLAYED, Sir!! :D

BIG fan of Beachum, and he's been with me since back before ThanksGiving!!

Tribue is a much more recent addition, and I'd LOVE to see us stash'm BOTH!! :D

Barring a Light/Waters retirement, I don't see us drafting any OLine. I think we're already ridiculously stacked. Now, IF we don't have faith in McDonald and view Connoly as depth, I could see us drafting a center. Or if Light/Waters retires, which I see as unlikely given the potential of this team, then maybe we add a guard.

Potential Starters:
T- Light
T- Vollmer
T- Solder
G- Waters
G- Mankins
G- Gallery
G/T- Cannon
G/C- Connoly
C- McDonald
Depth:
G/C- Wendall
G- Thomas

But I'm looking forward to reviewing your DL/OLB projections. I'm lucky to watch 3/4 nfl games a week. I know nothing about the college players.

Barring a Light/Waters retirement, I don't see us drafting any OLine. I think we're already ridiculously stacked. Now, IF we don't have faith in McDonald and view Connoly as depth, I could see us drafting a center. Or if Light/Waters retires, which I see as unlikely given the potential of this team, then maybe we add a guard.

Potential Starters:
T- Light
T- Vollmer
T- Solder
G- Waters
G- Mankins
G- Gallery
G/T- Cannon
G/C- Connoly
C- McDonald
Depth:
G/C- Wendall
G- Thomas

But I'm looking forward to reviewing your DL/OLB projections.

I'm lucky to watch 3/4 nfl games a week. I know nothing about the college players.

Thanks, Bro. :cool: I plan on cranking those out tomorrow and Thursday.

The basic idea of what I'm doing, here, is to throw out ideas for players.

I'm sharing my opinion on Beasts + Busts, and those in between, based on Current Market Value.

I'm not necessarily advocating that we draft anyone in particular, not here.

Offensive Tackles!!

Explanation of Colors + Numbers

1 ~ Red = OverRated ~ in my OH so humble opinion!!

2 ~ Purple = Sleeper or Steal or Super Sleeper!!

3 ~ Blue = Bargain ~ Good Value.

4 ~ The first number = Market Value ~ my best guess, based on CBS, Walter, Et Cetera...

5 ~ The second number = FIENDISH Value ~ how I grade them!!

6 ~ These will all be Cut + Pasted from yon Site, so the formats are different.

An Explanation of My Twisted ViewPoint!!

I have no intention or expectation of converting anyone to my view of things, of course. That doesn't happen, anyway: People make up their own minds in their own way...But an explanation is warranted, I think, out of respect to those of you who do me the honor of reading these Works.

As I place a disproportionately enormous emphasis on Diagnostic Acuity and Processing Speed when evaluating Quarter Backs, so do I lend an extreme level of importance, when evaluating Offensive Tackles, to Core Strength and to Lateral Agility.

A Grizzly's inferior Core Strength can be exposed by any number of things: Displaying an insufficiently compact Coil...Bending at the Waist...Rising too high off the Snap...A tendency ~ even with a low initial stance ~ to get ridden back high...Inability to Mirror...and of course: Getting the stuffing beaten out of you on a regular basis!!

Outstanding Core Strength, on the other hand, takes years of dedication in the weight room, but goes a long way to establishing dominance In The Trenches!!

Matt Kalil ~ 6.6/294 ~ 1st ~ 1st

926377713.jpg

Beast!! Matt Kalil doesn't command the Core Strength I'd like to see, but he clearly possesses the big, broad Frame and the Core Flexibility needed to develop it.

Just as importantly, he brings exceptional Launch Velocity to the table, and boasts outstanding Diagnostic Acuity: He's an extremely skilled Technician.

His Lateral Agility and Fluidity are excellent, but more importantly, his Mechanics are remarkably developed, all of which adds up to tremendous Mirroring, in my view.

I'd give him a 1st Round grade, but not as high as his current Top 3 Market Value. However, based on his Potential and his superior likelihood of attaining it, I can at least justify it, in this weak O Tackle Market. Fair Value!!

Riley Reiff ~ 6.6/300 ~ 1st ~ 1st

767458520.jpg

Starter!! Riley Reiff brings tremendous Core Flexibility to the position, but he lacks outstanding Core Strength.

However, he boasts exceptional Torsion and tremendous Lateral Agility.

He's raw as hell, but I love his Athleticism and believe he'll develop enough Core Strength to become an exceptional O Tackle. The barren, desolate landscape of this year's Offensive Tackle Draft Class has triggered enormous Market Value Inflation, if you ask me, but Reiff is a pretty good bet, even at that price. Fair Value!!

Jon Martin ~ 6.6/304 ~ 1st ~ 4th-5th

546022.jpg

Potential Starter!! Did I mention?? The barren, desolate landscape of this year's Offensive Tackle Draft Class has triggered enormous Market Value Inflation!!

Jon Martin is a decent Prospect. He's got dubious Core Strength, but intriguing Athleticism. He should be a useful Reserve at the next level, and may very well start.

But an High 1st Rounder???

Not on your LIFE.

BUST!!!

Mike Adams ~ 6.7/324 ~ 1st-2nd ~ 1st-2nd

872182123.jpg

Starter!! Mike Adams combines sweetl Launch Velocity with superior Lateral Agility, Fluidity, and Range.

He doesn't command the Core Strength I'd like to see, but brings superior Core Flexibility to the table.

His projection's to the late 20's, and while that, on average, is a little rich for my tastes for a "Starter", Adams does have the potential to become a superior one. Fair Value!!

Zebrie Sanders ~ 6.6/308 ~ 2nd ~ 2nd

601301424.jpg

Starter!! Zebrie Sanders brings an excellent Athletic skill set, grading well in Lateral Agility, Fluidity, and Range.

His Core Strength is lacking, however. Yet there is great room for upside, for he clearly brings both tremendous Core Flexibility and the big, broad frame needed to add the requisite beef, assuming he does the work.

What worries me most about him is his Diagnostic Acuity and Processing Speed, as he does not get very good grades for FootBall Smarts.

The potential is definitely there, though. He should eventually earn a starting gig at the next level, and might even become a good one. Fair Value!!

Mitchell Schwartz ~ 6.5/315 ~ 3rd ~ 4th-5th

schwartz.jpg

Potential Starter!! Mitchell Schwartz commands excellent Core Strength, but dubious Lateral Agility.

His Athleticism is fine in the Run Game, where he displays superior Fluidity and Range, but a liability in the Pass Game, which tells me that his Diagnostic Acuity and Processing Speed are part of the problem.

Consequently, he's clearly a Right Tackle candidate, and a decent one, but the 3rd Round looks too rich in my view, once again reflecting a barren and desolate Offensive Tackle Market!! OverRated!!

Matt McCants ~ 6.6/308 ~ 3rd ~ 1st

284157431.jpg

Beast!! Matt McCants commands exhilarating Athleticism: His Lateral Agility, Fluidity, and Range are outstanding.

His Core Strength needs a lot of work, but the impressive Core Flexibility and the big, broad frame are there.

We're talking about Pro Bowl potential, here. He's a bit raw, coming from a small School, but his upside is immense, and his 3rd Round Market Value is startling, considering this weak, wasted, wafer-thin O Tackle Market. Hah!! Sleeper!!

Brandon Mosley ~ 6.5/305 ~ 3rd-4th ~ 3rd-4th

821683947.jpg

Potential Starter!! Brandon Mosley commands solid Core Strength and Athleticism. His Mechanics are raw ~ he's a JuCo transfer ~ but he's full bore Scrapper who makes the very most of what he's got. Fair Value!!

Tony BergStrom ~ 6.6/315 ~ 4th ~ 6th-7th

356856171.jpg

Reserve!! Tony BergStrom doesn't command the best Core Strength in the world, nor the greatest Fluidity.

However, he does bring superior Lateral Agility to the table, and strong Diagnostics: He understands Leverage and Geometry very well.

His lack of great Core Strength is an hindrance, but he's got enough, combined with his Intelligence and Athleticism, to compete at the next level.

Even so, I see him as a long shot to start at O Tackle, though National FootBall Post's Wes Bunting may have something when he projects him as a Guard. OverRated!!

James Brown ~ 6.4/308 ~ 4th-5th ~ 4th-5th

1.24.JamesBrown.1.web_.jpg

Potential Starter!! James Brown brings exceptional Athleticism to the table: terrific Torsion when he changes direction, sweet Lateral Agility, excellent Fluidity, and tremendous Lateral Velocity and Range.

His Core Strength an enormous hindrance at this point, but he does bring excellent Core Flexibility to the table, so the raw potential is there.

A very raw Prospect, but one with exceptional upside, preferably as an O Guard, in my view. Fair Value!!

Jeff Allen ~ 6.4/306 ~ 4th-5th ~ 4th-5th

fbnw2011-1107.jpg

Potential Starter!! Jeff Allen lacks the superior level of Core Strength that I'd like to see, but it's not horrible, and he commands exceptional Core Flexibility.

Furthermore, he brings tremendous Fluidity and outstanding Lateral Agility to the table.

I've been advocating for him to be converted to O Guard at the next level, and it seems that that notion is gaining popularity. And he just might be a good one. Fair Value!!

Nate Potter ~ 6.6/300 ~ 5th ~ 4th

866994324.jpg

Starter!! Nate Potter commands excellent Athleticism, boasting superior Lateral Agility, Fluidity, and Range.

He also offers exceptional Diagnostic Acuity: He's a crafty Technician who works the Angles well.

However, his Core Strength is a weakness at this point. He possesses the Core Flexibility needed to develop, but his Frame only offers so much room for upside, it seems.

Even so, when he brings his Core Strength up a notch, combined with his Athleticism and Intelligence, I expect he'll earn a starting gig, and might become a good one. Deal!!

Matt Reynolds ~ 6.5/310 ~ 5th-7th ~ 5th-7th

641930812.jpg

Reserve!! Matt Reynolds strikes me as incredibly average. He isn't saddled with any crushing weaknesses, but his Athleticism and Core Strength are both a bit mediocre.

He does showcase excellent Mechanics and Diagnostics, but I'd have to say he looks like a Reserve at the next level, one who might occasionally start. Fair Value!!

Markus Zusevics ~ 6.5/297 ~ 5th-7th ~ 2nd-3rd

396187933.jpg

Starter!! Markus Zusevics brings an intriguing combination of solid Core Strength and superior Athleticism to the table, boasting nice Launch Velocity, as well.

I think he'd be much better suited if he converted to O Guard, but in any case I see a solid Starter at the next level, and perhaps an exceptional O Guard. Sleeper!!

Tom Compton ~ 6.5/315 ~ 5th-7th ~ UFA

doc4ef93f5cc8726690338404.jpg

Long Shot!! Tom Compton is saddled by dubious Core Strength, poor Lateral Agility, and simply awful Fluidity.

I'm afraid he's a long shot to succeed. OverRated!!

Ryan Miller ~ 6.7/325 ~ 6th-7th ~ 3rd-5th

598999143.jpg

Potential Starter!! I've long wondered why in Hell Ryan Miller is universally categorized as an O Guard, despite this being his college position, because O Tackle is clearly his best shot in the NFL...And it seems that my early decision to categorize his thus is catching on, I'm happy to see.

Ryan Miller is an intriguing Prospect, indeed: He struggled mightily to win the Leverage Battle at the college level, which naturally suggests that he'll do so at the next level, and ought be consigned a UFA Grade.

But I can't help but wonder...

First, if he's getting a bad rap, due to being graded against interior linemen, most of whom are going to enjoy far lower centers of gravity that an O Tackle's opponents??

Second, I wonder if the time he's spent, playing at such an unfair disadvantage, has encouraged him ~ compelled him ~ to forge an even deeper mental toughness than his reputation already accounts for...

Third, I've also wondered if this experience has also forced him to dig deeper to develop his Core Strength as much as humanly possible and to refine every last technical nuance of Leverage Technique that he could possibly develop!!

Trying to read him as an O Tackle through an O Guard spectrum, I perceive sufficient Launch Velocity, better than perceived Core Strength...and superb Athleticism.

I believe that Ryan Miller might be a genuine Diamond in the Rough, here. He might need more work than your typical O Tackle prospect, but this is a kid who's already had to wade through an ocean of adversity, and my money is square on him to succeed at the next level!!

Put me down for a Potential Starter at O Tackle, and a low floor but an high ceiling!! In this O Tackle Market ~ did I mention that it's barren and desolate?? ~ he strikes me as an awfully smart gamble in the 6th-7th Round Range, whither he's projected to go!! Sleeper!!

Andrew Datko ~ 6.6/320 ~ 6th-7th ~ 4th-5th

566405997.jpg

Potential Starter!! Andrew Datko lacks the Core Strength I'd like to see, but he at least has the Core Flexibility and Frame to work with, and commands compelling Athleticism.

Frankly, I'm very concerned about his long term viability, as his dubious health and Core Strength both speak to a guy who's Core simply isn't meant for this kind of abuse.

However, if his Market Value is truly the 6th-7th Round Range ~ these are all just educated guesses, after all ~ then he offers an intriguing value, as a Low Floor, but Pretty High Ceiling play. Deal!!

Levy Adcock ~ 6.5/322 ~7th ~ 4th-5th

700077856.jpg

Potential Starter!! Levy Adcock's Mechanics are pretty sketchy, but he brings superior Core Strength and rather impressive Athleticism to the table.

He'll need some work, but there is definitely staring material to work with, here. Deal!!

John Cullen ~ 6.4/294 ~ UFA ~ 7th

9910159.jpg

Reserve!! John Cullen doesn't bring much Core Strength to the table, and he badly needs to pile on about 20 pounds of beef to that thin Frame.

But he commands an intriguing set of Athletic skills: The Fluidity, Lateral Agility, and Range are all there.

If he ever does find those 20 pounds and learns how to apply them ~ not impossible, as he's only 2 years removed from being a JuCo Transfer, suggesting his ceiling hasn't yet been hit ~ he might actually become a starter in this league ~ at O Guard, mind you!! ~ and perhaps even a pretty good one. Deal!!

Josh Oglesby ~ 6.7/330 ~ UFA ~ PFA

6_304336.JPG

Long Shot!! Despite his amazing Frame and all the hype coming out of high school, Josh Oglesby simply falls short on the playing field. Big Hat. No Cattle!!

He combines disappointing Core Strength with dubious Lateral Agility, and he just looks like a guy who got away with a perfect Tackle's body for far too long, and never learned how to develop his skill set for the next level.

Lightning may yet strike, so I'd call him a Priority Free Agent, but even that may be stretching it. Fair Value!!

Manase Foketi ~ 6.5/300 ~ UFA ~ 3rd-4th

666295303.jpg

Potential Starter!! Manase Foketi only brings average Core Strength to the table, but he's a recent JuCO transfer with great potential for improvement in that area, and he commands an extremely compelling fusion of Fluidity, Lateral Agility, and Range.

I'd really like to see him kick inside at the next level.

He's raw, but the skill set is definitely there to develop into a Starter at the next level, and if he kicks inside to O Guard, he could become exceptional. Sleeper!!

James Carmon ~ 6.6/333 ~ UFA ~ 6th-7th

967115.jpg

Moon Shot!! Another one of National FootBall Post's Wes Bunting's Gems, Jim Carmon is as raw as you can imagine, but he's an absolute Beast, and one who is blessed with a remarkable level of Athleticism.

He's a recent JuCo transfer and ~ even more recently ~ a Defensive Lineman, who only transferred to the O Line and O Tackle in 2011!!

So, yeah: raw as HELL.

But the potential for someone who commands such a remarkable fusion of Power, Size, and Athleticism...is vast.

He'll need some time on the Practice Squad, no doubt of that, but he absolutely warrants a draft Pick. Sleeper!!

No Donald Stephenson? Hm. His athleticism is attractive, although he's a bit of a project.

Both and he and Brooks are regulars in the mid-late rounds of my mocks. Scar could turn them into, ahem, SuperBeasts. :cool:

No Donald Stephenson? Hm. His athleticism is attractive, although he's a bit of a project.

Both and he and Brooks are regulars in the mid-late rounds of my mocks. Scar could turn them into, ahem, SuperBeasts. :cool:

Ah!! Nice pick up, Brother Reamer!! :)

Indeed, I do believe Brother Stephenson DOES have significant ~ though certainly raw ~ upside!!

My Game Plan has been to follow through with this week's Reports:

None of them, in fact, are necessarily complete.

I didn't QUITE bite off more than I could CHEW, this year, but I took on an OCEAN of work, and as I FINALLY have reached the point where I have enough to roll some Reports out, I thought I'd crank these out, this week.

But I will be following through, once I've had the opportunity to give Priority UFA's like Stephenson and Pro Day Risers like Brooks the attention and tender loving care they so richly deserve!! :D

I would be absolutely amazed if Zebrie Sanders and Mike Adams have better careers than Jon Martin - they can't block.

Grid, are there any excellent blocking but horrible pass catching TEs that are almost too big to play TE that could be Maneri-like projects to groom as tackles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft