PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011-2012 NBA Finals Thread

yes we all know that kontra. but you miss the point. its not everyday that other pro athletes openly mock someone from another sport.

That's because America is in a constant venomous rage toward LeBron just like they are with BB and Brady. Out of hate, they've forgotten to at least be consistent and make fun of other times that has occurred, such as Paul Pierce getting wheeled off the court almost crying when nothing had visibly happened, only to literally sprint back onto the court five minutes later. But that's okay. Let them have their fun, because LeBron and the boys are one win away from the title and...

haterz.gif

That's because America is in a constant venomous rage toward LeBron just like they are with BB and Brady. Out of hate, they've forgotten to at least be consistent and make fun of other times that has occurred, such as Paul Pierce getting wheeled off the court almost crying when nothing had visibly happened, only to literally sprint back onto the court five minutes later. But that's okay. Let them have their fun, because LeBron and the boys are one win away from the title and...

haterz.gif

Yes, and America also hated Osama Bin Laden and Adolf Hitler. Sometimes they get it right. (And please don't say I'm trying to compare Lebron to them, merely make a point).

The fact is, the media has told the sports viewing public to hate BB & Brady, when with Lebron it was just the opposite - the media has completely given him a free pass on his huge douchebaggery from day one, with the exception of The Decision, which he was rightly killed for. His actions on and off the court are completely sugarcoated by everyone except that guy who wrote the Whore of Akron, and Dwayne Wade's sketchy personal life is also largely overlooked.

Lebron James is grossly self-absorbed, to the point where he is probably is incapable of even thinking of another human being including his teammates, and there's no one to blame but the NBA and the media that created him that way. Everyone keeps acting like the Decision was the only stupid thing he's done. He's been a self-center dbag for a long, long time.

Last edited:
I've long suspected LeBron sleeps in a bed filled with pink linen and multiple stuffed animals.

Yes, and America also hated Osama Bin Laden and Adolf Hitler. Sometimes they get it right. (And please don't say I'm trying to compare Lebron to them, merely make a point).

The fact is, the media has told the sports viewing public to hate BB & Brady, when with Lebron it was just the opposite - the media has completely given him a free pass on his huge douchebaggery from day one, with the exception of The Decision, which he was rightly killed for. His actions on and off the court are completely sugarcoated by everyone except that guy who wrote the Whore of Akron, and Dwayne Wade's sketchy personal life is also largely overlooked.

Lebron James is grossly self-absorbed, to the point where he is probably is incapable of even thinking of another human being including his teammates, and there's no one to blame but the NBA and the media that created him that way. Everyone keeps acting like the Decision was the only stupid thing he's done. He's been a self-center dbag for a long, long time.
you nailed it.

spot on my friend

The fact is, the media has told the sports viewing public to hate BB & Brady,

Not really. The media was still in its Patriots love affair in 2006, for better or for worse. But people started to dislike Belichick (or grow tired of him, if you prefer) in that year. That was the year where people really began to poke fun of his demeanor and consider him a douchebag. It worsened after Tomlinson took the podium after the '06 AFCDG and called him classless. The media didn't start to really pile on him until after Week 1 of 2007 where a dislike for the guy that was already in place turned into pure, vile hatred.

when with Lebron it was just the opposite - the media has completely given him a free pass on his huge douchebaggery from day one, with the exception of The Decision, which he was rightly killed for. His actions on and off the court are completely sugarcoated by everyone except that guy who wrote the Whore of Akron,

Not really. I'm not sure off the court, but on the court LeBron was getting ripped well before that. You should remember this as one of the occasions was when he was said to be giving up on his teammates in the 2009-10 and the media piled on him about his character. Hell, Lebron hasn't been able to do so much as rip a wet fart since 2005 without Skip Bayless calling it into question.

and Dwayne Wade's sketchy personal life is also largely overlooked.

If Wade's "sketchy" personal life was largely overlooked, you would have never heard about it. So that makes about zero sense. But since you want to bring it up, there have been almost daily reports on his messy split with his ex and the subsequent custody situation. For example, this report was posted as recently as yesterday...

Dwyane Wade asks court to suspend ex-wife's child visits

There have also been reports on it littered on ESPN and Yahoo sports throughout the playoffs.

This is pretty much conjecture as far as life outside the court goes unless you truly know him (which is unlikely). As far as this paragraph, a few counter points...

1. If he was that self-absorbed on the court, he wouldn't have the high number of assists that he has whenever the double team is applied.

2. You seem to forget that most professional athletes fall under the "douchebag" category. You have a few of them playing for the Celtics. Say what you will about Lebron, but at least there have never been reports that he harbors racist beliefs (Garnett). Nor has he ever thrown a douchy temper tantrum and gone after a camera man or a referee threatening physical confrontation (Rondo). He's never been caught with a gun in a nightclub, beaten a woman, or had reports that he's cheated on his girl. Is Lebron a primadonna? Absolutely. Most star athletes tend to be. Is he a douche? Probably. Is he self-centered? Maybe. But to rail on the guy for qualities which most athletes tend to show including some of your own Celtics is not only idiotic, it's also hypocritical. In the end, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

You're usually a very good poster, BradyManny. I always find myself stopping to read your posts, not only here, but in the Pats forums as well. But with this post, you've shown that you're completely incapable of objective and rational thought when it comes to the Heat. When that happens, your opinions on the team on the court can usually be taken with a grain of salt.

2. You seem to forget that most professional athletes fall under the "douchebag" category. You have a few of them playing for the Celtics. Say what you will about Lebron, but at least there have never been reports that he harbors racist beliefs (Garnett). Nor has he ever thrown a douchy temper tantrum and gone after a camera man or a referee threatening physical confrontation (Rondo). He's never been caught with a gun in a nightclub, beaten a woman, or had reports that he's cheated on his girl. Is Lebron a primadonna? Absolutely. Most star athletes tend to be. Is he a douche? Probably. Is he self-centered? Maybe. But to rail on the guy for qualities which most athletes tend to show including some of your own Celtics is not only idiotic, it's also hypocritical. In the end, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

You're usually a very good poster, BradyManny. I always find myself stopping to read your posts, not only here, but in the Pats forums as well. But with this post, you've shown that you're completely incapable of objective and rational thought when it comes to the Heat. When that happens, your opinions on the team on the court can usually be taken with a grain of salt.

You raise some very fair points, Kontra.

Lebron James is not a bad person. He has not done harm to others.

And perhaps I went too far, and I'm fine acknowledging that.

But we have had glimpses into his personal life and character (Whore of Akron and what the author has said about James' time in Cleveland on WEEI, that ESPN article that followed him around) and it's not pretty.

Again, bad guy? No. Not really. Ridiculously self-absorbed bordering on him probably having a disorder? Yes. Very much so.

I'd argue that what insight we have into Lebron James points to someone who doesn't even realize what a selfish, narcissistic jackass he is. He just has become that person, and has been for a while.

The amount of heat (no pun intended) that Lebron took for absolutely tanking on the Cavs - and that is what he did - was not at all proportionate with the crime. People killed Randy Moss worse for taking a few plays off in a regular season game against the Carolina Panthers. Lebron James conceded a playoff series that they could have won and made his coach and teammates look bad - by design, perhaps all just to ease his exit out of Cleveland, if I'm being really skeptical.

At the time, he took some heat, sure. But what did Van Gundy say the other night, that the only bad thing Lebron James has ever done is The Decision? Come on.

As for Wade, that stuff has been relatively quiet. There were a few articles buried on the internet that point to a similar lifestyle as the one Tiger Woods as getting killed for (I personally could care less if he wants to smoke and get with lots of women, but I don't see why there's a double standard). There was also an incident with Wade and a car accident that is difficult to find anything about online, even now.

But again - is Lebron James evil? No. It's all relative. He's just a messed up dude who is insanely annoying and who I would rather not see success, because both his persona and his play on the court are not things I enjoy, and not things I want to see validated.

We need more Kevin Durants and less Lebron James' in the NBA. And this title series is almost a battle between two hugely different styles of play and persons - and unfortunately, in my opinion, the bad side is winning and about to win.

It's just going to further Stern's belief that his actions and the direction he's taken the league in are right, when I couldn't think that's any further from the truth.

Last edited:
Well you don't go on national tv to say you are going to the Heat and rub it in the Cleveland fans faces now do you? So that now they can't forgive him.

Series over tonight..which is why i refuse to watch

On WEEI the other day Ordway says people's opinion of Lebron should change now that he has answered his critics. They discuss this all afternoon and I want to call but I don't.

I'm like WTF Ordway ... it's very simple. when an athlete ... any athlete crosses the line in being a D-Bag that's it - you never escape that - just doesn't happen.

There's been a good number of hated athletes ... but some are just hated in their sport. the others ... the ones who cross the d-bag line are d-bag's until their life on the planet is over.

On WEEI the other day Ordway says people's opinion of Lebron should change now that he has answered his critics. They discuss this all afternoon and I want to call but I don't.

I'm like WTF Ordway ... it's very simple. when an athlete ... any athlete crosses the line in being a D-Bag that's it - you never escape that - just doesn't happen.

There's been a good number of hated athletes ... but some are just hated in their sport. the others ... the ones who cross the d-bag line are d-bag's until their life on the planet is over.

This post and BradyManny's highlight the change though. If the Heat win this series, LeBron's detractors can no longer say that he's a ringless choke artist. That argument will go straight down old sh!tter like my soft bowel movement did this morning. Instead they'll cling to what a douchebag he is. That's okay. At least he's not a douchebag that physically threatens refs and cameramen.

It's perfectly fair to consider LeBron a douchebag as most people would/should see him. The distinction for mine comes from the fact that he's been nothing short of dominant for the entirety of the Playoffs and the perception of LeBron the NBA talent who chokes everything away no longer has the merit it once had.

James Harden? The series started 5 games ago mate.

James Harden? The series started 5 games ago mate.

I hate him so much...he flops more than anyone i have ever seen play the game

And i don;t think OKC will see the lead again

Last edited:
I hate him so much...he flops more than anyone i have ever seen play the game

And i don;t think OKC will see the lead again
Battier and Chalmers have been what I thought Harden would be this series.

OKC hasn't been able to match the Heat's intensity and execution in the first half. Right now, as much as it pains me, Miami is playing some great ball.

Congrats Kontra. Now LeBron only has 7 more to go. ;)

On a more serious note, the Heat have been fantastic. Given the meekness of the Thunder, it makes you wonder what the C's may have been able to accomplish if things had fallen a little differently.

I didn't watch .... the freaking d-bg has a ring wonderful ... :bricks:

This post and BradyManny's highlight the change though. If the Heat win this series, LeBron's detractors can no longer say that he's a ringless choke artist. That argument will go straight down old sh!tter like my soft bowel movement did this morning. Instead they'll cling to what a douchebag he is. That's okay. At least he's not a douchebag that physically threatens refs and cameramen.

Where have I said he's a ringless choke artist in this thread? It was inevitable that Lebron would win with the Heat. There's too much talent there. Nowhere did I say he would remain ringless.

He's a douchebag, and I'm entitled to not root for him b/c of his incredibly annoying personality, just as any person I find remarkably annoying I am entitled to dislike.

I've said multiple times in this thread - before he won, that I respect his game more than at any point in his career. I respect a lot of athletes that I can't stand. Peyton Manning. Kobe Bryant. The only difference is I think Lebron is bad for his sport.

I would've rather a guy like Durant, who is just purely all about basketball and nothing else, and who has pure old-fashioned basketball talents become the centerpiece of the NBA going forward than Lebron. None of what I have said here is unreasonable or out of my rights.

I've said enough negative things about Lebron that if you want me to eat crow, I will - but you don't need to put words in my mouth or marginalize what I'm saying, which you have done in last two posts.

Congratulations on your team's NBA title. They earned it and ended up being far superior to a Thunder team I thought had a real chance.

Last edited:
Where have I said he's a ringless choke artist in this thread? It was inevitable that Lebron would win with the Heat. Nowhere did I say he would remain ringless.

He's a douchebag, and I'm entitled to not root for him b/c of his incredibly annoying personality, just as any person I find remarkably annoying I am entitled to dislike.

I've said multiple times in this thread - before he won, that I respect his game more than at any point in his career. I respect a lot of athletes that I can't stand. Peyton Manning. Kobe Bryant. The only difference is I think Lebron is bad for his sport.

I would've rather a guy like Durant, who is just purely all about basketball and nothing else, and who has pure old-fashioned basketball talents become the centerpiece of the NBA going forward than Lebron. None of what I have said here is unreasonable or out of my rights.

I've said enough negative things about Lebron that if you want me to eat crow, I will - but you don't need to put words in my mouth or marginalize what I'm saying, which you have done in last two posts.

Congratulations on your team's NBA title. They earned it and ended up being far superior to a Thunder team I thought had a real chance.

Sorry. I should have specified that I was speaking of mass opinion of LeBron in general and not you. Other that that...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back