PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011-2012 NBA Finals Thread

And that's the beauty of Patsfans, we welcome opinions from all walks of life. Kontra is no exception, eventhough his team is an agent of Lucifer.

-Jamman
It's interesting observing commentary when you have a slight interest in one team above the other. I don't deny I'd like OKC to win because I didn't enjoy the theatrics of the Heat formation but I respect LeBron's talent. Seeing commentary with emotional investment versus somewhat neutral commentary is an interesting position.

I can't believe OKC will blow this. I so want Miami to fail again.

I can't believe OKC will blow this. I so want Miami to fail again.

Tonight is the game..OKC wins..i think they win it all as final 2 are home...Miami wins..it's all over...

Last edited:
Very good start by OKC in particular Collison and Westbrook. The Thunder maximised their collective athleticism advantage for a change.

Let's see what the Heat have to respond.

OKC blew it..could be it for them if miami keeps going..as in series over as well

It amazes me that it's taken this long into his career for LeBron to develop an effective post game. His athleticism dictates dominance alone.

Last edited:
James Harden really needs to pick him game up for OKC. Westbrook has been great tonight as has LeBron (again).

on 50-50 calls..OKC is not getting the benefit of the doubt..on ANY of them

Might as well give MIA the trophy tonight..becasue it's over

Pathetic those pukes are going to get it

Whatever the outcome of this series, LeBron as a choker can be put to bed. He's had an outstanding post season.

Whatever the outcome of this series, LeBron as a choker can be put to bed. He's had an outstanding post season.

That dagger three pointer that he put up at the end of the game, post injury, was nothing but clutch. Chalmers was outstanding as well. History says that teams up 3-1 in the Finals are 30-0 in the series but this OKC team is like Dracula. You can't just simply put the stake in their heart. You have to pound it in with a hammer.

That dagger three pointer that he put up at the end of the game, post injury, was nothing but clutch. Chalmers was outstanding as well. History says that teams up 3-1 in the Finals are 30-0 in the series but this OKC team is like Dracula. You can't just simply put the stake in their heart. You have to pound it in with a hammer.
The Thunder has gotten nothing from anyone not named Westbrook or Durant at any stage during this series Kontra. Perkins, Ibaka, Harden, Sefolosha and co have been poor. Harden has been the real problem for OKC. His confidence looks shot. Missing an uncontested layup. Damn. Game 5 is going to be interesting if OKC gets more than two players going.

As for LeBron and Chalmers, yep they won you the game tonight. Chalmers has had a nice series. Wonder what that will do to his contract.

I still think the officiating is ruining what has been an otherwise great series.

James Harden, Derek Fisher and the 3 refs might as well worn Miami uniforms tonight. Pathetic.

And what a bonehead play by Westbrook at the end. Heroic effort, but honestly, how do you not know the situation?

It's done. Lebron has ring #1. At least this year he showed he's worthy of being a champion talent and make-up wise..

But after watching him so clearly fake injuries for dramatic purposes, I honestly don't know how you can root for him, Kontra. You're a very reasonable, sane and intelligent poster. If you can tell me you don't think he was simply hamming it up for the camera, then I'll be shocked. And yes, I do think he would put dramatics over his team - he's done it before (one arm free throw, forfeiting the Celts series in Cleveland).

Last edited:
His confidence looks shot. Missing an uncontested layup.

Harden blew. Don't get me wrong. But Wade appeared to try to foul him on that play before the shot, perhaps purposely to prevent a layup. But the refs wouldn't budge.

The reason I know this league is manipulated was a play in third quarter. Westbrook goes up for a layup, gets hit in the face by Battier, no call at first. Durant is there for a rebound and an easy two, late call gets whistled by well-known hack Bill Kennedy, before Durant can put it back in. Only a seasoned ref can pull that one off.

But then again, he's reffing alongside the accomplice of that "rogue" official, so he's clean comparatively.

Last edited:
James Harden, Derek Fisher and the 3 refs might as well worn Miami uniforms tonight. Pathetic.

And what a bonehead play by Westbrook at the end. Heroic effort, but honestly, how do you not know the situation?

It's done. Lebron has ring #1. At least this year he showed he's worthy of being a champion talent and make-up wise..

But after watching him so clearly fake injuries for dramatic purposes, I honestly don't know how you can root for him, Kontra. You're a very reasonable, sane and intelligent poster. If you can tell me you don't think he was simply hamming it up for the camera, then I'll be shocked. And yes, I do think he would put dramatics over his team - he's done it before (one arm free throw, forfeiting the Celts series in Cleveland).

Considering the amount of minutes he's had to play, not only in this series, but also the postseason as a whole, I don't think it's a stretch to say that he had bad cramps. If he didn't, oh well. I root for the laundry, not LeBron. We won and we're one win away from a trophy. That is all that matters to me.

Last edited:
Considering the amount of minutes he's had to play, not only in this series, but also the postseason as a whole, I don't think it's a stretch to say that he had bad cramps. If he didn't, oh well. I root for the laundry, not LeBron. We won and we're one win away from a trophy. That is all that matters to me.

That's fine, and I don't see anything wrong with that. We all root for the laundry.

I just think Lebron's display at the end of the game was pathetic, and I would bet my life he was faking it.

Last edited:
Harden blew. Don't get me wrong. But Wade appeared to try to foul him on that play before the shot, perhaps purposely to prevent a layup. But the refs wouldn't budge.

The reason I know this league is manipulated was a play in third quarter. Westbrook goes up for a layup, gets hit in the face by Battier, no call at first. Durant is there for a rebound and an easy two, late call gets whistled by well-known hack Bill Kennedy, before Durant can put it back in. Only a seasoned ref can pull that one off.

But then again, he's reffing alongside the accomplice of that "rogue" official, so he's clean comparatively.
Don't get me wrong, the officiating has been beyond pathetic, especially this series. The sooner someone invents AI robots with the ability to call same-same fouls consistently the better.

NBA Officials are the worst in the world. That's been on display for all to see. They are just ahead of FIFA Officials and the governing body's insentience on ignoring technology.

Last edited:
Hockey and football field tougher athletes than basketball. In other news, the sky is blue.
yes we all know that kontra. but you miss the point. its not everyday that other pro athletes openly mock someone from another sport.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back