PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2009 NFL Draft - Lead pipe locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Another time capsule thread. Each year we spend time selecting players that we think the Patriots will be pick and then defending the pick to our death.

I would like to broaden the conversation to include the entire draft class. This is a chance to say "I told you so" or 'My bad".

List your predictions of the best pro prospects, the players with all pro potential. Lets put it in writing, a challenge to all armchair GMs, each year we can check back and see how right, or how wrong we were.

I will add more but will get things started with a slam dunk. Aaron Curry will be an impact player, he may even receive some probowl consideration in year 1.

The Detroit Lions will not select a WR 1st round.

The Detroit Lions will not select a WR 1st round.

Good start but I am more interested in player projections, beside we all now the Lions are taking Jamarko Simmons, WR, Western Michigan.

Well I think you would have to pick one of the OT's, there seems to be a dearth of talent there and allot of jockeying for postion. Eben Britton will be the class of the T class. Chip Vaughn will be a bigger impact player in the NFL than Delmas or Moore.

I will add more but will get things started with a slam dunk. Aaron Curry will be an impact player, he may even receive some probowl consideration in year 1.

Wow you're really going out on a limb aren't you? :rolleyes:

My (early) predictions!

Both Stafford and Sanchez will be average (at best) QBs. Both will be outperformed by Matt Cassel.

CB Alphonso Smith will be the best CB taken in the first two rnds.

I'll bite. BJ Raji will be a stud DT - sort of a hybrid between Vince Wilfork and Albert Haynesworth. By year 2-3 he'll be in the pro bowl.

I'll bite. BJ Raji will be a stud DT - sort of a hybrid between Vince Wilfork and Albert Haynesworth. By year 2-3 he'll be in the pro bowl.

Raji will have the highest impact of any player drafted in this draft,this season.

Malcom Jenkins will have a very good NFL career despite the critiques on his speed.

Raji will have the highest impact of any player drafted in this draft,this season.

Malcom Jenkins will have a very good NFL career despite the critiques on his speed.

I think Jenkins will have a good but not great NFL career.

I am convinced Raji will be a stud, and I think he could have more impact on the Pats defense than any other player in the draft. If he somehow fell outside of the top 10 I would seriously consider trading up for him, but it won't happen.

see I think Raji is going to be a bust.

Wm Moore, Chung the next coming of the probowl safeties.

OT Britton to the Eagles in round 1.

Someone will overdraft Heyward-Bey based on his speed and NOT based on his college production, or lack tereof.

TJ Lang moves to OG and has a decent career as a flat back drive blocker.

Lions will regret drafting Stafford. Total bust.

Lions will regret drafting Stafford. Total bust.

I think they'll take Curry at #1.

Millen is gone and i don't think the Lions will be drafting mainly offensive skill players at #1 like they have in the past. They're on a 2 to 3 year rebuilding plan, which is why I think they'll take Josh Freeman with their 3rd pick (who by the way will turn out to be a better QB than either Sanchez or Stafford).

I think they'll take Curry at #1.

Millen is gone and i don't think the Lions will be drafting mainly offensive skill players at #1 like they have in the past. They're on a 2 to 3 year rebuilding plan, which is why I think they'll take Josh Freeman with their 3rd pick (who by the way will turn out to be a better QB than either Sanchez or Stafford).

The Stafford pick seems too obvious doesn't it? Though Freeman has a ability, I don't see him doing much in the NFL. Stafford will at least win a few games for you which is a big improvement from 0-16.

My predictions:
Darrius Heyward-Bey will be the best WR in this class and
Brian Orakpo will be a pro-bowl OLB somewhere in his first contract. Of course he needs to be drafted by a 3-4 team first :)

You can also record your mortal locks for players that will fail and for players the Patriots will never ever draft (these are my favorites).

Remember the whole point is to allow us to come back and tease you about some stupid post made 5 years ago. It is called having some fun.

You can also record your mortal locks for players that will fail and for players the Patriots will never ever draft (these are my favorites).

Remember the whole point is to allow us to come back and tease you about some stupid post made 5 years ago. It is called having some fun.

The great thing about "BB will never go for..." is that you get your public comeuppance in just a few short weeks! Who can resist?

I'll swing for the fences:

The Pats will not draft any USC Trojans.

Aaron Maybin doesn't get selected in the 1st round.

Patriots will not draft a TE on day one!

The great thing about "BB will never go for..." is that you get your public comeuppance in just a few short weeks! Who can resist?

I'll swing for the fences:

The Pats will not draft any USC Trojans.
You little heartbreaker - though Maiava in the 4th as a SS-hybrid wouldn't be unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes